shape
carat
color
clarity

Skin tone and metal color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I was intrigued by Christa's test, so I looked under my wrists and there was both blue/purple and green. There's more green, but the purple is more pronounced. The veins running from my elbow to wrist are green. And because people as pale as me have the special gift of being able to see veins everywhere, I checked on the rest of me and it's about 60/40 green/purple. So I'm a neutral! Yeah!

I thought about it and I don't think it's about whether your a "spring" or an "autumn." I think people on both ends of the spectrum, really pale or really olive/dark, look best in yellow gold. White doesn't flatter the super-pale and it looks too stark on those with dark complexions. In the gap between them, most people look better in white gold. And in the very middle, are those who look great in both. And like others said, there are very few people who look so bad in the less flattering metal that it warrants comment.

I wore a gold and white chain around for a day and it became very clear that the gold looked better. My husband ordered me both the yellow and rose gold wedding bands because "I can tell you really want it."
9.gif
My husband understands my need to change my mind every few months.

I don't see myself changing over to yellow metals completely, but I might strive for more of a balance. I only have the three white pieces, but I can't imagine putting them away.

Here's one metal I think could be a compromise between people who look best in yellow gold but like a whiter look: non-plated white gold. That what my dad wears and it looks great on him (we have the same coloring). I don't know why they plate white gold. It's just false advertising. Better to leave it to those of us who can appreciate it's slight color.

Colorkitty- I am glad you got the rose gold band as well because I could tell you really wanted it. Don''t get hung up on what looks best on you but think about what you like wearing best
2.gif

I''m mixed decent white and Native American. My mother is very fair and my father is very dark, and I would say I look white with olive undertones. I think any metal looks fine on my skin...but maybe that''s because I love jewelry so much
2.gif

I tend to gravitate towards white metals, but my wedding dress is ivory and my necklace, earrings, and bracelet are creamy pearls with yellow gold accents and they look great on my skin as well. I think I tend to buy what''s in style more than what looks good on my skin.

This is a fun thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP