shape
carat
color
clarity

small tahitian keshi strand?

SCAgolden

Rough_Rock
Hi all. I've had my eye on a tahitian keshi pearl strand for a little while now at a favorite jewelry store, but it's definitely at the high end of my price range. Probably the price just is what it is for nice pearls, but I'm curious if anyone has recommendations. I'm looking for a strand that is long, to be worn perhaps wrapped twice, and with small pearls that are slightly variable in color and shape. I'll attach a photo of the one I have my eye on. Thanks for any recommendations you might have!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-25 211002.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-25 211002.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 155
I think the necklace you're eyeing looks really pretty!

For comparison, here is a shorter Tahitian keshi pearl necklace from Kojima. She's the first person I think of when I think of keshis so it's worth looking to see if any of her strands interest you because they vary a lot in price due to variety of pearl type:

1724647827278.png

There's also OceanRhyme on Etsy:

1724647855274.png

and https://www.etsy.com/listing/1746309497/tiny-tahitian-keshi-pearl-necklace-aaa-3
1724647871325.png

You could probably reach out to either of these vendors for a long strand if that's what you want. I think saltwater keshi necklaces are just pricey, though. You didn't share how much the one you're eyeing is but these options from Kojima and OceanRhyme aren't exactly cheap. Even if they do cost less than the local one, it would be worse to spend all of that money and then realize that you wish you had just gotten the one you saw in person!

Getting freshwater keshis would be much less expensive and you could even string your own up from Wen Pearls on Etsy if you wanted to DIY it.

Takahashi has listed some keshis recently.

DK :))

Hey there, Pearlescence usually has some beautiful tahitian keshi necklaces and bracelets? they also do bespoke if you send pictures of what you want, as the owner goes to HK regularly to source for clients. =)2

I reached out to Cees and the prices are extremely reasonable, way less than those posted above, but the pearls are much smaller for all but 2 of the strands he still has available (those biggest two are 5-7mm, the others are only up to 4mm).

i've just seen on instagram that Pearlescence are definitely going back to HongKong to the big trade fair there v soon, i commissioned them to find me some beautiful tahitians for my sisters wedding.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP