shape
carat
color
clarity

SMTB people Names please for Natural and Lab SMTB's

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Discussions here are being held at the link below about the names of forums.
The only real change will be separating this forum into Natural and LGD SMTB's.
When you'all get some candidates - please run a poll or make a decision :-)

Natural and lab grown. I take natural to mean created by nature and lab grown created in a lab.

As a disclaimer, I'll say that I have not read any other threads on this topic, and I don't have a dog in this fight, per se, other than owning both kinds of pieces. I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to post my opinion in this thread or elsewhere.

That said, as a 10+ year member of Pricescope, I would love to see all SMTB pieces in the same place - here. Makes no difference to me if lab or mined or the exact terminology. Since this is primarily a forum for consumers (not those in the trade), I really don't understand why anyone would care. I love to share in others' excitement about their jewelry and enjoy seeing the various creative designs, regardless of the origin of the center stone. It's annoying to have to seek out the LD forum SMTB thread to see all the beautiful pieces that I would otherwise miss out on here. The separation takes some of the fun away from the forum. :)

Natural and lab grown. I take natural to mean created by nature and lab grown created in a lab.
Correct, formed by nature and made by humans.
I wish all of these name change threads were in one location, say, Hangout
The main discussion has been held here, but this discussion is specific to SMTB because many folk expressed a desire to keep natural diamonds and gems separate from man made. This is the only thread and Forum where a name change has been proposed.
As a disclaimer, I'll say that I have not read any other threads on this topic, and I don't have a dog in this fight, per se, other than owning both kinds of pieces. I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to post my opinion in this thread or elsewhere.

That said, as a 10+ year member of Pricescope, I would love to see all SMTB pieces in the same place - here. Makes no difference to me if lab or mined or the exact terminology. Since this is primarily a forum for consumers (not those in the trade), I really don't understand why anyone would care. I love to share in others' excitement about their jewelry and enjoy seeing the various creative designs, regardless of the origin of the center stone. It's annoying to have to seek out the LD forum SMTB thread to see all the beautiful pieces that I would otherwise miss out on here. The separation takes some of the fun away from the forum. :)
As mentioned above Dorothea, I counted up the Yea's and Nea's - and so there is a desire to make the separation clear. Interestingly WhiteFlash are noting more money being spent on mounts for LGD than natural!

I agree I just want to see the beautiful things it doesn’t matter. Yes maybe Cz moissy keep on their own forum, but the diamonds are diamonds to me.

To bring the discussion back to the names - I think we can keep SMTB, maybe make it:

- Show Me The Natural Bling
- Show Me The Lab-Grown Bling

Or, make it:
- Show Me The Bling! (Natural Stones)
- Show Me The Bling! (Lab-Grown Stones)

I know we’re not discussing whether to combine the forums anymore, but chalk me up as another vote to keep them separate :)

- Show Me The Natural Bling
- Show Me The Lab-Grown Bling
- Show Me The Bling! (Natural Stones)
- Show Me The Bling! (Lab-Grown Stones)

I know we’re not discussing whether to combine the forums anymore, but chalk me up as another vote to keep them separate :)
How about dropping the stones?
- Show Me The Bling! (Natural)
- Show Me The Bling! (Lab-Grown)

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP