clarity

SOS: Aqua Setting Help

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
faegrace|1309103393|2955420 said:
Hi, ZB :appl:

I like your new avatar. Very nice!

Thank you for the compliments. I am going to take my time to make sure the setting is everything I hope for. It has been an interesting experience letting go of my original plans, rethinking. I am very thankful for the technology of CADs. I daresay that without that visual aid, I would've been disappointed by the final ring. I wouldn't have been able to see my initial choices aren't what I want at all.

Thanks again, ZB!

~ faegrace

Thank god for CAD's then! You are cancer free now! :appl: Yay!. So you definitely have time to select, design, or create the perfect setting for your aqua! You have exquisite taste so I know you will come up with something fabuloso!!! :wink2:

Thanks for your lovely comments on my avatar...you notice everything...lol ;-)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Faegrace: somehow I missed that you had lived through a cancer nightmare - congratulations for surviving. :appl: :appl: I too am a survivor and all I can say is that having been through that, you deserve any damn ring you want! :naughty: :naughty:

You have just about the most beautiful aquamarine I have ever seen. I love Jeff's exquisite cutting and I love your design sensibility of delicate and intricate touches. I would suggest, though, that you not make the design on the sides of the basket or on the shank too heavy or complex as to compete with that stone. I say that only because some of the examples were big and solid and not necessarily focused on that gorgeous stone...

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Upgradable|1309021335|2954835 said:
In talking about the gallery (and acknowleging that you don't like scrolls), what about using an upside down "ribbon emblem" squished to the right proportions. It could also contain the melee you like.

I'd actually like to see this design on the shank....upside down ribbons on either side, and the ribbon ends form the split prongs that hold the stone. I'd accent by putting a small pink sapph (or diamond?) in the curl part of the ribbon.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Aoife ~

Awww, you are sweet to say so. You are helping! Your design idea sounds like something I could definitely work with. :appl:
I wonder, do you think it would be possible to keep the cut-out look of the shank even without diamonds on top of it?

ZB ~

I hope you're right, on both counts! :wink2:

MB ~

LOL, you are too funny! Maybe it's time for me to have a talk with my pocketbook then. Thank you for the aqua compliments! :bigsmile: Not too delicate a setting though; these hard-worked hands would never pull it off!

LD ~

Leon's work is amazing. Thank you for the photo. The melee looks fit for a princess! :twirl:

Allison ~

You may get your wish because Michael read this thread yesterday and apparently was so inspired that he wants to create a model using the ribbon design idea! :lol: I am not sold on it but then again, I was sold on my original ideas and obviously we know how that went.... I am in no hurry, truly wanting to do this right and all, so he is working on something else for me.

Thank you all for the thoughtful responses. It was nice, as well as meaningful, to come home and see them!

~ faegrace

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Faegrace congratulations on being cancer free, WOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The Aqua is of course G O R G E O U S :love: and may I say what a fabulous way to celebrate your ordeal!

CAD's certainly help when it's hard to visualize exactly what you want so not money wasted in the long run.

That stone will be outstanding no matter how you set it but I am sure you will have plenty of help from the kind people on PS.

I will be anxiously waiting to see what you do with it!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Bright Ice! :wavey:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
faegrace|1309124334|2955582 said:
Thank you, Bright Ice! :wavey:

BTW Faegrace, we will be Aqua sisters. Jeff is going to cut me one that will fall somewhere between 4.2 to 6.0 ct depending how the rough cuts out. It will be just like yours, I love the chunky cushion. His cutting is TDF!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
You are in good hands with Michael, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with, if you feel like sharing. The ribbon motif doesn't need to be a literal interpretation, and I like the idea of the ends embracing the aqua and then flowing into the shank. Some very nice symbolism there.

I do definitely think that it's possible to do without diamonds on the shank--although I may get tossed off Pricescope for saying so! ;))

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Aoife ~

You crack me up and I definitely need some humor in my life! :bigsmile: Yes, Michael is pretty darn amazing. I will post pics of the spess project he is working on in lieu of the aqua as soon as I have some. That one was so easy because I didn't attach all this meaning to it. :oops:

Bright Ice ~

Wow, well you are a lucky lady as evidenced by your already phenomenal collection of CS!

~ faegrace

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the link, Athena! It is a lovely setting. Single Stone makes some exquisite eye candy, don't they? :love: I could actually envision one of my rounds in that.....

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
faegrace|1309139470|2955797 said:
Thank you for the link, Athena! It is a lovely setting. Single Stone makes some exquisite eye candy, don't they? :love: I could actually envision one of my rounds in that.....
I'm starting talks with JW about a cushion rubellite so I'll be following your progress. I can't wait to see what you choose!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Athena ~

Any cut of Jeff's is sure to be drool-worthy! :love: Antique cuts tend to be my favorite though. And rubellite? Yummy! You need to keep us posted because I have a feeling my aqua setting is far from in the works. :loopy:

~ faegrace

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Faegrace, you mentioned a couple of times liking the french cuts, but them being over your budget. Have you considered palladium, since it's in the platinum family but cheaper, so could free up some of the budget? Just a thought...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results