shape
carat
color
clarity

Speaking of warm stones in yellow gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Date: 3/4/2009 9:38:18 PM
Author: Upgradable

I''m a jewelry wh*re! I wear yellow, white, two tone, mixed metals, different genres.... I''m an equal opportunity lover! Though at heart I''m a yellow gold girl. It was the first to steal my heart, and I''ll always love it the most.

I wasn''t planning on wearing a band with it, but I do love this beauty from EricaGrace!

Gorgeous ring!!

I love that setting, and I love how sleek it is. I don''t think I''d add engraving, though I do agree with someone else''s suggestion to get rid of those prongs and do a bezel...

Date: 3/5/2009 1:54:48 PM
Author: krockie
I love that setting, and I love how sleek it is. I don''t think I''d add engraving, though I do agree with someone else''s suggestion to get rid of those prongs and do a bezel...
Ditto! I''m quite enamored with the first setting you posted!

I love the ring you posted - my favorite is shiny diamond with shiny metal! I think it looks great as is - I wouldn''t do any engraving.

I was thinking of this kind of texture. What do you think?

hammered band2.jpg

That SS setting is sooo pretty!! I just love it when they post new stuff...I''m always eagerly waiting to see what they come up with next!

But, I see what you mean...it could use a little somethin''...the hammered like you posted could be interesting, but it would change the look entirely IMO. I like where you were going with the engraving, I think. Maybe around the border/halo?? But, leave the shank smooth.

The YG is soooo yummy!! I am loving that we are seeing more of it...in *new* styles...not the styles that remind you of the 70s/80s.
2.gif

Date: 3/5/2009 9:02:19 PM
Author: Upgradable
I was thinking of this kind of texture. What do you think?

I like it, but I like it very subtle. My JM shank has a bit of texture that is similar, but it is very light and subtle. I think the SS ring would look cool with something like that.

Yes, subtle.

Are you going to get it?
31.gif

25.gif

This is kinda cool. It is a Roberge that I tripped over at Sotheby''s.

Roberge 11 carat Au bezel 1.jpg

Another photo:

Roberge 11 ct AU bezel 2.jpg

How big must that puppy be if you tripped over it!
emdgust.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP