shape
carat
color
clarity

SteveNeedsARing no more! Just got engaged, thanks JW & JbEG!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: SteveNeedsARing no more! Just got engaged, thanks JW & J

PS has a list of appraisers you can use; hopefully, there is one around your neck of the woods. Tell the independent appraiser that it is for insurance purposes and not to inflate the value or you will end up paying a higher premium than necessary. Unfortunately, because she has already been presented with the ring, she probably has to give it up for a few days/weeks while it is with the appraiser.

To keep the ring in good condition, she should take it off when doing housework, yardwork and when working out. Airport security is safe. Cleaning can be done as often as she likes, either daily or weekly. Soapy water and a soft toothbrush is fine. Avoid any ammonia based cleaners since the setting is made of gold.

As for sizing, let it go for the moment. The worst of the summer heat is yet to come and her finger might continue to swell for the next few months. It is normal for the finger to shrink a little during colder weather, so the ring might spin a little then, as long as it doesn't slip off.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

The ring is gorgeous and congrats on your engagement!

I wouldn't get it sized since it's already tight at times. I would just get some sizing beads put in to keep it from spinning.

Yes, it's totally normal for an insurance company to require an appraisal before insuring jewelry. They wouldn't want to insure a cheap or entirely fictitious ring for a lot of money and then have it go 'missing'.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Many congratulations! My heart stopped for a moment when you said you got her to stand on a rock because I wondered how risky that was if she slipped in all the excitement! My mind works in mysterious ways.

In terms of sizing the ring, have a think about getting a jeweller to put a couple of sizing beads inside the shank. That stops a ring from spinning (probably because the stone is high and large). It also has the advantage of making the ring a tiny bit smaller but should still be easy to get on and off.

Once again, very many congratulations and I hope you have a very happy lifetime together.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am very late to this post!! Somehow I missed the final story so I searched for you and came on this post. I assume since you wanted a Christmas wedding you must be approaching your 1 year anniversary so congratulations and if you are still reading, what did you do for a wedding band?

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations! What a lovely thoughtful proposal and I wish you both every luck in the future. :appl:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats! I love the way the color of the ring really pops in the pictures. The ring as a whole is unique and beautiful. Well done!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love the photo of the ring on the rose -great contrast in color, and makes the blue pop.

skingsland

Shiny_Rock

AprilBaby|1352986311|3307132 said:
I am very late to this post!! Somehow I missed the final story so I searched for you and came on this post. I assume since you wanted a Christmas wedding you must be approaching your 1 year anniversary so congratulations and if you are still reading, what did you do for a wedding band?

Yeah, the winter wedding didn't really happen.... I don't think we even started planning it until September or October, and the reception hall wasn't booked until January. So our wedding was this past June, and we had perfect weather (sunny, 80 degrees). It was a beautiful ceremony, and everyone seemed to have a blast at the reception. And for our honeymoon, we went to France. :D

To answer your question about our wedding bands, we decided to keep it simple. She bought a plain YG band from Amazon, and I got a fairly simple palladium band from Wedding Bands World:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030EZBZC/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M2C_ST1_3p_dp_1
http://www.weddingbandsworld.com/950-Palladium-Diamond-Cut-Wedding-Rings-600mm-PLD-DC8076_p_5902.html

The band looks a little weird next to her ering, since they don't really match, so she usually wears them on different hands. This doesn't seem to bother her, but if she ever grows tired of her simple band, we can replace it with something much nicer (since we didn't spend much on her current band).

Thanks again to all the PSers who helped me create my ering, took the time to read my long-winded (and confused) posts, and gave their moral support through this process. I couldn't have done it with you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results