shape
carat
color
clarity

Teach me how to make Scones!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Mea Culpa! Also sorry for being a thread hog.

To make it up to scone lovers, here''s one way of making clotted cream

And here''s another which is probably easier given that the staple ingredient seems to be un-pasturised/homogenised milk.

Love to hear from anyone who has tried to make clotted cream for scones.

I'm going to try some of those recipes, thanks for posting
25.gif

My Dad used to make his own Clotted Cream by placing 2C of heavy cream [not ultra pasteurized] into a glass pyrex pie dish, covered w/foil then it went into a 'warm' oven setting [185^] overnight or 8hrs, [never stir/shake when taken out of the oven] w/slotted spatula he skimmed the thick cream from the surface, leaving the water behind, gently stirred the clotted cream to smooth it, then covered and refrigerated it.

As for the Devon Cream for teas:
Blend 8oz of cream cheese [room temp], 1/3 C sour cream and 1 tb sugar, very close in taste/texture of genuine Devonshire clotted cream.

Does anyone know how fat/calorie counts of devonshire cream compare to that of butter? It is sooooo good that I spread it on like there is no tomorrow. I will hate to regret it later.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP