Date: 2/15/2010 12:24:29 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 2/15/2010 12:10:17 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 2/15/2010 12:08:13 PM
Author: jcarlylew

Date: 2/15/2010 12:06:17 PM
I wish J did ANYTHING for Valentines day. I''m feeling very un-romanced and it makes me sad.
7.gif

WL - Whats wrong with the best man?
ya - i''ll have to say it was all e. i didnt even get him a card!
He kept making fun of Valentines day, so I of course did not get him anything.

He said ''Why do we need a day to be romantic? Cant you be that way every day? It seems fake''

Meanwhile I cannot remember the last time he surprised me with anything, aside from my proposal last June.
My nagging of C finally paid off yesterday. Last year he didn''t even make a reservation for dinner but this year he actually picked up flowers at a florist, got me fancy chocolates and took me out to dinner and a show! I was shocked.

So my advice? Nag.
9.gif
Seriously though, he can''t use that argument if he''s never romantic anyway.
Ditto. Elle, the squeeky wheel gets the grease and w/ Men you have to drill it in. Deep. J is the EXACT same way as your J and I whine and whine so yesterday he got up before I did and went and got me sbucks and flowers.
so using this for all other future "my man is being a butt" conversations!!!

I''ve actually said that coming home to a clean house would be like the most romantic thing ever.

He just doesnt get it. He does other stuff that he considers romantic and doesnt realize a woman needs more than that. He will do tiny favors, and he thinks that is romantic, and it IS... but its not romance! I don''t feel "romanced" when he brings me a glass of water, ya know?

I was getting so mad yesterday reading all of the updates on what people''s SOs did for them on Vday and I got NOTHING.

Help me tactfully say this:

You can bring your bratty kids to my wedding but remember this is a winery not a fricking McDonald''s playland so your kids can''t run around like maniacs and break stuff, so if you want to bring them be prepared to watch them closely.

Date: 2/15/2010 12:28:25 PM

Don''t you feel crappy asking for it? Why should I have to ask? Why doesnt he want to do that?
they are just not hardwired to think like that. my mom said it took about 20 years for my dad to actually start picking out presents on his own, doing more "romantic" things, etc. and my dad is the SWEETEST kindest man i know. (not just becuase he agreed with me over my mom''s opinion last night either
9.gif
)

I had dated a guy for a long time who changed my oil all the time for me. that was his "romantic" gift. right now, e''s is cleaning the kitchen.

Date: 2/15/2010 12:31:21 PM
I''ve actually said that coming home to a clean house would be like the most romantic thing ever.

He just doesnt get it. He does other stuff that he considers romantic and doesnt realize a woman needs more than that. He will do tiny favors, and he thinks that is romantic, and it IS... but its not romance! I don''t feel ''romanced'' when he brings me a glass of water, ya know?

I was getting so mad yesterday reading all of the updates on what people''s SOs did for them on Vday and I got NOTHING.
Draw him a fricking diagram. Black and white. Men are very stupid Elle. It takes years of training, hang in there.

Date: 2/15/2010 12:28:25 PM

Date: 2/15/2010 12:24:29 PM

Date: 2/15/2010 12:10:17 PM

Date: 2/15/2010 12:08:13 PM
Author: jcarlylew

Date: 2/15/2010 12:06:17 PM
I wish J did ANYTHING for Valentines day. I''m feeling very un-romanced and it makes me sad.
7.gif

WL - Whats wrong with the best man?
ya - i''ll have to say it was all e. i didnt even get him a card!
He kept making fun of Valentines day, so I of course did not get him anything.

He said ''Why do we need a day to be romantic? Cant you be that way every day? It seems fake''

Meanwhile I cannot remember the last time he surprised me with anything, aside from my proposal last June.
My nagging of C finally paid off yesterday. Last year he didn''t even make a reservation for dinner but this year he actually picked up flowers at a florist, got me fancy chocolates and took me out to dinner and a show! I was shocked.

So my advice? Nag.
9.gif
Seriously though, he can''t use that argument if he''s never romantic anyway.
Don''t you feel crappy asking for it? Why should I have to ask? Why doesnt he want to do that?
At first I did. But after several "I really wish just once you could..." convos, to which his response was always "I just don''t think like that, it''s hard for me..." it finally sank in. You just have to work on him.

Date: 2/15/2010 12:32:10 PM
Author: winelover23

You can bring your bratty kids to my wedding but remember this is a winery not a fricking McDonald''s playland so your kids can''t run around like maniacs and break stuff, so if you want to bring them be prepared to watch them closely.
let them know that the location is an adult environment.

ah shnickys. gotta jam
7.gif
catch up with ya''ll in about an hour!

Gah! Men!
38.gif

Date: 2/15/2010 12:34:29 PM
Gah! Men!
38.gif
True that!

Elle, I think you recommended "5 Love Languages" to me a long time ago. I think J needs to reread it with your chapter highlighted.
2.gif

LOL.

Say it just like that. I approve!

Date: 2/15/2010 12:37:43 PM
Elle, I think you recommended ''5 Love Languages'' to me a long time ago. I think J needs to reread it with your chapter highlighted.
2.gif
That wasnt me!

But now I kinda want to read it.

What''s wrong with the way you said it? Sounds perfect to me!
3.gif

Date: 2/15/2010 12:38:25 PM

Elle, I think you recommended ''5 Love Languages'' to me a long time ago. I think J needs to reread it with your chapter highlighted.
2.gif
That wasnt me!

Oh! Read it. It was really helpful. Beware though, it brought up some parental issues for me and I was a wreck the whole time reading it.
7.gif

Date: 2/15/2010 12:40:28 PM

Date: 2/15/2010 12:38:25 PM

2.gif
That wasnt me!

Oh! Read it. It was really helpful. Beware though, it brought up some parental issues for me and I was a wreck the whole time reading it.
7.gif
I should pick up a copy today.

So the job in my company that I was going to apply for no longer exists. Bummer. So now I''m back to square one.
39.gif

Date: 2/15/2010 12:49:53 PM
So the job in my company that I was going to apply for no longer exists. Bummer. So now I''m back to square one.
39.gif
I''d love to hang out at square 1 with you!
3.gif
20.gif
39.gif

*Kids are welcome but please keep in mind this is a winery therefore an adult environment. There isn''t a play area so kids will need to be closely supervised.

THIS!

Date: 2/15/2010 12:56:47 PM
*Kids are welcome but please keep in mind this is a winery therefore an adult environment. There isn''t a play area so kids will need to be closely supervised.

THIS!
Bingo!

I haven''t done any work yet.

I think I did about 5 minutes worth. But I''m job hunting, I can''t be bothered with work!

Date: 2/15/2010 1:21:10 PM
I think I did about 5 minutes worth. But I''m job hunting, I can''t be bothered with work!
Same!
9.gif

Date: 2/15/2010 1:16:59 PM
Me neither. I''ve added my remark about kids to my wedding website, processed the return on some jeans, took my ring to fedex, went to starbucks, talked to J on the phone and shopped on Nordstrom.com.

Date: 2/15/2010 1:25:34 PM

Me neither. I''ve added my remark about kids to my wedding website, processed the return on some jeans, took my ring to fedex, went to starbucks, talked to J on the phone and shopped on Nordstrom.com.
Impressive!
36.gif

Date: 2/15/2010 1:25:34 PM

You''re busy!
28.gif

Hi ladies! No work for me today, so I get to make a cameo in ST. How''s it going?

Elle I''m sorry Jimbo is being a bastard. That stinks. TJ doesn''t really do anything romantic for me either. That''s why I had to take him shopping with me the other night. He never cooks, he never cleans, nada. The closest he gets is cleaning the litter box which i can''t do, and he doesn''t even do that often enough. So you''re not alone. Here, I''ll be romantic...now let''s make out.

12PinkRoses.jpg

31.gif

Thanks HH! Can you now teach J how to be romantic? You''re WONDERFUL at it!
9.gif

Sorry, Elle. My husband isn''t romantic either. Last year the only reason he gave me anything for Valentine''s Day was because I cried when I realized he hadn''t done anything for me. Yeah, I''m not proud of that.
I''ve convinced him he needs to get me cards for my birthday and Valentine''s Day, at least.

Date: 2/15/2010 1:47:30 PM
Author: TheBigT
Sorry, Elle. My husband isn''t romantic either. Last year the only reason he gave me anything for Valentine''s Day was because I cried when I realized he hadn''t done anything for me. Yeah, I''m not proud of that.
I''ve convinced him he needs to get me cards for my birthday and Valentine''s Day, at least.
38.gif

I can''t believe we are reduced to crying to get a little romance.

This is BS. I''m talking to J tonight.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP