shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Mini just woke up and is eating some saltines. Cross your fingers for no puking!

Date: 2/16/2010 11:56:05 AM
Author: hisdiamondgirl
Elle...next time you think of surprising him with something, buy something for yourself instead, and then tell him about it
11.gif
I spent 80 dollars on beauty products yesterday to make up for it.
3.gif

Date: 2/16/2010 11:56:24 AM
Author: winelover23
Mini just woke up and is eating some saltines. Cross your fingers for no puking!
*fingers crossed*

Date: 2/16/2010 11:56:06 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Should go buy that play speculum on amazon.

32.gif
Uhhhh....maybe not lol
32.gif

Date: 2/16/2010 11:56:59 AM

*fingers crossed*
*fingers and toes crossed*

That dress is GORGEOUS
30.gif
I get the worst dress envy, even now that I''m married. Sometimes I wonder if I settled on my dress and should have kept looking.

That play speculum thing grosses me out

I just downloaded The Physician''s Tale to my desktop ereader and I''m so excited to have another method to assist in my daily slacking.

Date: 2/16/2010 11:59:06 AM

Date: 2/16/2010 11:56:59 AM

*fingers crossed*
*fingers and toes crossed*
Ditto. Poor thing.
40.gif

OKAY. Ladies. I need favor ideas for the lingerie shower. It''s the only thing I haven''t picked up yet in its entireity. I have little boxes to put pink candles in, and I bought each girl a Dove Chocolate Rose (which I''ll put in a vase on the table with the food) and I have prizes for game winners, but I feel like I need something lingerie-themed that''s relatively inexpensive that I can give to each of the 6 girls attending. And something I can get in the next couple of days.

Date: 2/16/2010 12:03:21 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
That dress is GORGEOUS
30.gif
I get the worst dress envy, even now that I''m married. Sometimes I wonder if I settled on my dress and should have kept looking.

That play speculum thing grosses me out
Same!

OMG she looks terrible. She fell back asleep already. My poor nugget, makes me so sad when she''s sick.
39.gif

VC what about Hanky Panky panties? Aren''t those inexpensive? Or you could get edible undies or something equally funny.

Poor mini mite

15.gif

OMG Boloco needs to stop emailing me. I don''t have a location near me anymore and I SO want a burrito bowl right now....

Date: 2/16/2010 12:10:38 PM
OMG Boloco needs to stop emailing me. I don''t have a location near me anymore and I SO want a burrito bowl right now....
Evil bastards.

Do you guys have Boloco in the Mitten?

Date: 2/16/2010 12:14:04 PM
Nope. Never heard of it.

But I like burritos!

Date: 2/16/2010 12:14:45 PM

Nope. Never heard of it.

But I like burritos!
We don''t have it here, either. But now I want chipotle!

It''s a chain that started here on the East Coast, it used to be called "The Wrap" and all they''d do is gourmet wraps/burritos/shakes and smoothies (they had a nutella milkshake that was to die for). We had one on the first floor of my old office building and I''d literally have a breakfast burrito for breakfast and a burrito bowl for lunch every day. I''m amazed I was able to fit into my wedding dress with the sheer amount of carbs I took in every day.

Date: 2/16/2010 12:17:37 PM
Author: vc10um
Date: 2/16/2010 12:14:45 PM

Nope. Never heard of it.

But I like burritos!
We don''t have it here, either. But now I want chipotle!

I wonder if they have one in G-town? They seem to open first on college campuses. I believe it actually started on the Ivy League campuses in the Northeast. I know we had one at Dartmouth.

Date: 2/16/2010 11:28:21 AM
yes. there is filling!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Never heard of them but they look yummy.

Recipe:

Ingredients
12 egg yolks (or six whole eggs, see note)
1 teaspoon salt
2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1/3 cup room temperature butter
1/2 cup sugar
4 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup rum or brandy
1 cup scalded whipping cream
1 1/2 cups preserves or cooked prunes or cooked apples or poppy seed filling
oil (for deep frying, The old-timers used lard, but vegetable oil will work(I use peanut oil.)
Directions
Beat egg yolks with the salt in the small bowl of an electric mixer at high speed until the mixture is thick and piles softly, about 7 minutes.
Soften yeast in warm water.
Cream butter, add sugar to it gradually, beating until fluffy.
Slowly beat in the softened yeast.
Stir one fourth of the flour into the yeast mix.
Add rum/brandy and half of the cream.
Beat in another fourth of the flour.
Stir in remaining cream.
Beat in half of the remaining flour and then the egg yolk mixture.
Beat for 2 minutes.
Gradually beat in the remaining flour until the dough blisters.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
Set in a warm place to rise.
When it has doubled in bulk, punch it down.
Cover and let rise again until doubled.
Punch it down again.
Roll dough on a floured surface to about 3/4 inch thickness.
Cut out 3 inch rounds using a cookie cutter or glass.
Put 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of half the circles.
Brush the edges with water.
Top with the remaining rounds.
Seal the edges very well.
Cover the paczki on a floured surface.
Let rise about 20 minutes.
Deep fry in the hot fat until they are golden brown on both sides.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with honey.

My ex is engaged. Interesting. They want to have 150 people at a golf course or winery for $10K. Is it rude to laugh in their faces?
11.gif

Date: 2/16/2010 12:30:52 PM
Author: sunnyd
My ex is engaged. Interesting. They want to have 150 people at a golf course or winery for $10K. Is it rude to laugh in their faces?
11.gif
Only if they expect to feed everyone.
11.gif

Date: 2/16/2010 12:32:31 PM
Author: vc10um

11.gif
Only if they expect to feed everyone.
11.gif
LOL!
11.gif

11.gif

No

Did you ever watch that show Beauty and the Geek? There was a LARPer on I think the first season? That was the first time I''d heard of LARPing! And the last time until page 716...

11.gif
Ya they are high on crack! My winery wedding w/ 40 guests is going to come in around 7k and I''m doing pretty much everything myself.

Morning everyone.

VC -- Yay! Healthy VC mom & great weekend.

HDG -- Amazing dress. Can''t wait to see pictures of the sparklies you bought.

WL -- Poor Mini

Date: 2/16/2010 11:56:35 AM
Date: 2/16/2010 11:56:05 AM

Elle...next time you think of surprising him with something, buy something for yourself instead, and then tell him about it
11.gif

I spent 80 dollars on beauty products yesterday to make up for it.
3.gif
What did you get?!?!

Good news -- my scale is broken.

I got on the scale yesterday and about fell over. This thing was reading an awful number that was way off of what I was expecting. (The worst part was that it wasn''t so outrageous that I didn''t believe it for a minute)
Called B in and told him to get on the scale. Shocked him too.

Apparently our scale reads 10-20 pounds HEAVY when the battery is low. (not that it indicates a low battery anywhere)

Date: 2/16/2010 12:39:54 PM

11.gif
Ya they are high on crack! My winery wedding w/ 40 guests is going to come in around 7k and I''m doing pretty much everything myself.
Your wedding is going to be great!

It''s just funny, because according to everyone, they don''t even like each other. He talks crap about her behind her back all the time. Doomed to failure.
20.gif

Date: 2/16/2010 12:46:00 PM

Date: 2/16/2010 12:39:54 PM

11.gif
Your wedding is going to be great!

It''s just funny, because according to everyone, they don''t even like each other. He talks crap about her behind her back all the time. Doomed to failure.
20.gif
Wow. That sounds special.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP