shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 2/16/2010 11:08:56 AM
Author: elledizzy5
My V-day blew. Still annoyed at J.
really? I''m sorry babe...care to share?

Mine was...fine. FI woke up early to get ''coffee'' and I went back to sleep. I woke up 30 min later and he had a little v-day themed bag with a card. The card was for ''Someone Special.''
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
I was like, ''Someone Special?
11.gif
'' He looked at me and said, ''CVS had such a bullsh*t selection this was the best one!!'' Oh and he got me two bags of dove chocolates. He did take me out for a nice (and a little too expensive) dinner - too bad the food sucked. So now that ''Someone Special'' card is on the mantle and every time I see it I laugh. At least he wrote something meaningful. He did say he bought me and his mother two really nice cards but that he forgot them at work. I told him to PROVE IT!

YAY Sunny!

Date: 2/16/2010 11:17:04 AM
Author: vc10um

Date: 2/16/2010 11:15:16 AM
VC!

NOM!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

PLZ SEND TO VC''S TUMMY IN DC.

The closest Polish bakery is in Gaithersburg, Maryland, about an hour drive each way for me. The grocery stores don''t even carry them!!!
39.gif
23.gif
39.gif
what are those...they look divine
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Date: 2/16/2010 11:21:53 AM
Author: Bia

really? I'm sorry babe...care to share?

Mine was...fine. FI woke up early to get 'coffee' and I went back to sleep. I woke up 30 min later and he had a little v-day themed bag with a card. The card was for 'Someone Special.'
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
I was like, 'Someone Special?
11.gif
' He looked at me and said, 'CVS had such a bullsh*t selection this was the best one!!' Oh and he got me two bags of dove chocolates. He did take me out for a nice (and a little too expensive) dinner - too bad the food sucked. So now that 'Someone Special' card is on the mantle and every time I see it I laugh. At least he wrote something meaningful. He did say he bought me and his mother two really nice cards but that he forgot them at work. I told him to PROVE IT!
He literally did nothing for me, and made fun of anyone who did for their SOs.

I'm glad you had a good V-day, wife, even if the food sucked.
2.gif
I'm sure mine would have been better had I been romancing with you!
27.gif

Date: 2/16/2010 11:23:55 AM

VC!

NOM!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

The closest Polish bakery is in Gaithersburg, Maryland, about an hour drive each way for me. The grocery stores don''t even carry them!!!
39.gif
23.gif
39.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
Paczkis for Fat Tuesday.

Its a polish thing. they have like 80 bajilliondy calories. They''re basically epic donuts.
31.gif

Date: 2/16/2010 11:24:36 AM

Mine was...fine. FI woke up early to get ''coffee'' and I went back to sleep. I woke up 30 min later and he had a little v-day themed bag with a card. The card was for ''Someone Special.''
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
11.gif
'' He looked at me and said, ''CVS had such a bullsh*t selection this was the best one!!'' Oh and he got me two bags of dove chocolates. He did take me out for a nice (and a little too expensive) dinner - too bad the food sucked. So now that ''Someone Special'' card is on the mantle and every time I see it I laugh. At least he wrote something meaningful. He did say he bought me and his mother two really nice cards but that he forgot them at work. I told him to PROVE IT!
He literally did nothing for me, and made fun of anyone who did.

I''m glad you had a good V-day, wife, even if the food sucked.
2.gif
I''m sure mine would have been better had I been romancing with you!
27.gif
See that''s the thing. We both think it''s kind of a bull**** holiday too! But to do nothing is wrong because it makes you feel like s*** anyway!

I would have made V-DAY awesome for you love...I promise!!!

Date: 2/16/2010 11:25:17 AM

VC!

NOM!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

39.gif
23.gif
39.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
Paczkis for Fat Tuesday.

Its a polish thing. they have like 80 bajilliondy calories. They''re basically epic donuts.
31.gif
OMG, those look mightily delicious!

Date: 2/16/2010 11:25:17 AM

VC!

NOM!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

39.gif
23.gif
39.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
Paczkis for Fat Tuesday.

31.gif
do they have filling?

yes. there is filling!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Elle did you do something for him?

So I brought a salad for lunch but I totally don''t want it now. It''s such a weird salad too. It''s romaine lettuce, cucumbers, leftover roasted red potatoes and tuna fish with light ceasar dressing. It sounded good when I made it (kindof like salad nicoise), but now I''m not so sure.

duplicate post

Date: 2/16/2010 11:28:37 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

So I brought a salad for lunch but I totally don''t want it now. It''s such a weird salad too. It''s romaine lettuce, cucumbers, leftover roasted red potatoes and tuna fish with light ceasar dressing. It sounded good when I made it (kindof like salad nicoise), but now I''m not so sure.
Who the hell wants salad when it''s 30 degrees ou?t! I want a grilled cheese and soup right now.

Date: 2/16/2010 11:27:16 AM

Date: 2/16/2010 11:24:36 AM

20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
11.gif
He literally did nothing for me, and made fun of anyone who did.

I''m glad you had a good V-day, wife, even if the food sucked.
2.gif
I''m sure mine would have been better had I been romancing with you!
27.gif
See that''s the thing. We both think it''s kind of a bull**** holiday too! But to do nothing is wrong because it makes you feel like s*** anyway!

I would have made V-DAY awesome for you love...I promise!!!
Same thing here B! J went out to get "coffee" and came back with a bouquet of flowers and handed them to me laughing and saying "happy valentine''s day honey" in a dweeby voice lol. It was pretty funny! And then in the evening, we just went out for a nice dinner, which we probably do about once a week anyway.

No, but thats because he spent all week making fun of it.

And to be fair, its not that he didnt do anything on V-Day. The issue is he "doesnt understand why you have to do it on ONE day" he thinks its lame, and thinks you should be romantic on other days, not just when you''re forced to. Ok, fine, I get that.

I literally can''t remember the last time he surprised me with anything. (other than my proposal) THAT is the problem.

I get flowers like once a year, but he tells me about them before he sends them (big surprise)

I surprise him ALL THE TIME, but nothing from him ever. It just really stung on Sunday.
39.gif

Date: 2/16/2010 11:29:58 AM

Who the hell wants salad when it''s 30 degrees ou?t! I want a grilled cheese and soup right now.
Ditto! Nom nom nom B...except that would mean I have to go outside to get that
14.gif

Ditto! It''s 55 here though.

MY RING MADE IT TO WHITEFLASH!!!!!!

Date: 2/16/2010 11:31:31 AM
Author: hisdiamondgirl

Ditto! Nom nom nom B...except that would mean I have to go outside to get that
14.gif
I have a salad waiting for me at home!

Bleu cheese, dried cherries, walnuts, and balsamic vin.

18.gif

Date: 2/16/2010 11:32:25 AM
Author: winelover23

Ditto! It''s 55 here though.

MY RING MADE IT TO WHITEFLASH!!!!!!
YAY!

Glad its safe!!
36.gif

Date: 2/16/2010 11:31:07 AM

So I brought a salad for lunch but I totally don't want it now. It's such a weird salad too. It's romaine lettuce, cucumbers, leftover roasted red potatoes and tuna fish with light ceasar dressing. It sounded good when I made it (kindof like salad nicoise), but now I'm not so sure.

And to be fair, its not that he didnt do anything on V-Day. The issue is he 'doesnt understand why you have to do it on ONE day' he thinks its lame, and thinks you should be romantic on other days, not just when you're forced to. Ok, fine, I get that.

I literally can't remember the last time he surprised me with anything. (other than my proposal) THAT is the problem.

I get flowers like once a year, but he tells me about them before he sends them (big surprise)

I surprise him ALL THE TIME, but nothing from him ever. It just really stung on Sunday.
39.gif
29.gif

J needs an INTERVENTION Elle. What time should we all be at your apt?

FI worked yesterday so I spent all day doing homework and watching INTERVENTION. I saw a really sad one too
15.gif

Date: 2/16/2010 11:34:10 AM

And to be fair, its not that he didnt do anything on V-Day. The issue is he ''doesnt understand why you have to do it on ONE day'' he thinks its lame, and thinks you should be romantic on other days, not just when you''re forced to. Ok, fine, I get that.

I literally can''t remember the last time he surprised me with anything. (other than my proposal) THAT is the problem.

39.gif
29.gif

ASAP! PLEASE!

Elle I''m still
38.gif
at Jimbo. Bad Jimbo, bad!

I''m debating whether to get some more interesting toppings from the salad bar or to deviate from my salad all together and get something else yummy like soup.

Date: 2/16/2010 11:35:27 AM
FI worked yesterday so I spent all day doing homework and watching INTERVENTION. I saw a really sad one too
15.gif
Which one? I love that show!

IM GETTING CABLE TV ON THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: 2/16/2010 11:35:54 AM
Elle I''m still
38.gif
at Jimbo. Bad Jimbo, bad!

I''m debating whether to get some more interesting toppings from the salad bar or to deviate from my salad all together and get something else yummy like soup.
I vote soup!

WL, glad your ring made it safe and sound! And when she comes back she''ll be all happy and the right size and nice and secure on your finger!

elle, sorry again about J being a douchecanoe. I agree with everyone else that Vday is a Hallmark holiday...but it does sting when there''s nothing...not even a stupid cute card for "someone special"
2.gif

HH, your salad actually sounds kind of good.
4.gif

I think I''m going to start with the salad and then get something else if I''m not feeling it.

And to be fair, its not that he didnt do anything on V-Day. The issue is he ''doesnt understand why you have to do it on ONE day'' he thinks its lame, and thinks you should be romantic on other days, not just when you''re forced to. Ok, fine, I get that.

39.gif
29.gif

I''m soooo in on that! I feel like I could really help KNOCK some sense into him.
emfist.gif

Date: 2/16/2010 11:38:11 AM
WL, glad your ring made it safe and sound! And when she comes back she''ll be all happy and the right size and nice and secure on your finger!

elle, sorry again about J being a douchecanoe. I agree with everyone else that Vday is a Hallmark holiday...but it does sting when there''s nothing...not even a stupid cute card for ''someone special''
2.gif

HH, your salad actually sounds kind of good.
4.gif
If he was otherwise romantic, I swear I would not have minded.

I didnt get a B&B trip, dang it!!
3.gif

Date: 2/16/2010 11:39:49 AM
Author: winelover23

39.gif
29.gif

I''m soooo in on that! I feel like I could really help KNOCK some sense into him.
emfist.gif
Oooh! Fiesty!!

Date: 2/16/2010 11:36:58 AM

Date: 2/16/2010 11:35:27 AM
15.gif
Which one? I love that show!

IM GETTING CABLE TV ON THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the 21st century, elle!!!
36.gif

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP