shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

I had leftover pad thai for lunch.

brooch=
30.gif

I had chicken soup with saltines...and Smartfood popcorn (the only kind I could find).

Date: 2/18/2010 2:48:35 PM
Author: Bia
I had chicken soup with saltines...and Smartfood popcorn (the only kind I could find).
14.gif

So I''m kind of annoyed. Very few of my IRL friends have said anything in response to my status change on FB last night. Granted I they already know, but still. Why wouldn''t you post a public congrats? Am I being over sensitive?

I had turkey chili from the cafeteria. Now I''m having a sandwich.

I could really go for popcorn...
31.gif

Date: 2/18/2010 2:51:39 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
So I''m kind of annoyed. Very few of my IRL friends have said anything in response to my status change on FB last night. Granted I they already know, but still. Why wouldn''t you post a public congrats? Am I being over sensitive?
That crap bothers me too. Its a BIG deal! As much as I hate to admit it, it feels nice when people say nice things when big stuff is happening in your life! I ALWAYS congratulate people on FB who announce their pregnancies!

If you''re being oversensitive, then so am I!

Date: 2/18/2010 2:52:54 PM
Author: elledizzy5

That crap bothers me too. Its a BIG deal! As much as I hate to admit it, it feels nice when people say nice things when big stuff is happening in your life! I ALWAYS congratulate people on FB who announce their pregnancies!

Aww thanks Elle, you''re a good internet auntie.

But seriously, it makes me think they don''t approve or something.

hmmmm...maybe they want to congratulate you in person? or over the phone? or maybe they''ve been too busy to check FB?

Or maybe they''re haters (jealousy?)

Date: 2/18/2010 2:54:27 PM

*curtsey*

They''ve known since we got our BFP. I''m thinking they''re annoyed that I didn''t wait until 12 weeks.

Ditto. I am the same way. Not that I bother to announce anything on FB, but if I did...
Call us all oversensitive.

Date: 2/18/2010 2:57:10 PM
They''ve known since we got our BFP. I''m thinking they''re annoyed that I didn''t wait until 12 weeks.

...how would that annoy someone? Its not their business.

Date: 2/18/2010 2:57:10 PM
Why would they be annoyed? I don''t understand...

Date: 2/18/2010 2:55:26 PM

Date: 2/18/2010 2:54:27 PM

*curtsey*
I''m inclined to agree. I always do my best to comment on big life changing events when they''re announced on facebook...regardless of if I already knew or not, and regardless of how close a friend I am to the poster.

I misread your post HH.

There really isn''t any reason to be annoyed that you didn''t wait. Did you say you weren''t going to say anything until 12 weeks?

Because they''re moms and are very picky about doing things by the book and according to tradition blah blah blah

Date: 2/18/2010 3:02:05 PM
Because they''re moms and are very picky about doing things by the book and according to tradition blah blah blah
oh Goddddd
20.gif

yes. you have every right to be annoyed then.

No, they know me and they know I can't keep a secret to save my life.

ETA: I'm lucky I lasted as long as I did.

Date: 2/18/2010 3:02:05 PM
12 weeks isn''t the only tradition and they should just get over it.

I''ve had people tell me they were pregnant long before 12 weeks. Who can keep that kind of exciting news to themselves for that long?

I can''t believe a "Friend" would be so annoyed that you announced 4 weeks earlier than protocol that they wouldnt publicly congratulate you on your pregnancy.

Did you say they already knew? Then, did they congratulate you already? If so, then maybe you are being oversensitive.
I would feel the same way as you though, I would want the public congrats, but then I would try to talk myself out of feeling bad by telling myself I am being too sensitive
5.gif
3.gif

well I''m really only 3 weeks ahead of protocol.

Date: 2/18/2010 3:05:47 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl
Did you say they already knew? Then, did they congratulate you already? If so, then maybe you are being oversensitive.
I would feel the same way as you though, I would want the public congrats, but then I would try to talk myself out of feeling bad by telling myself I am being too sensitive
5.gif
3.gif
Totally see your point, but could you really see the public announcement of your friend about her pregnancy on facebook and ignore it?

Thats like.. a conscious decision NOT to acknowledge it, IMO!

Date: 2/18/2010 3:05:47 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl

5.gif
3.gif

Well they said congrats via text when I txt''d the news

Date: 2/18/2010 3:07:04 PM
Not the point!!!
3.gif
2.gif

It''s sad that I''m closer with some of my online friends than IRL
40.gif

Date: 2/18/2010 3:08:30 PM

Date: 2/18/2010 3:07:04 PM
Not the point!!!
3.gif
2.gif
Yeah, I definitely agree this is/should be totally irrelevant. If this is their reasoning, then that''s just DUMB!
14.gif

Date: 2/18/2010 3:09:06 PM
It''s sad that I''m closer with some of my online friends than IRL
40.gif
Same.
3.gif

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP