shape
carat
color
clarity

The tale of the Unicorn Ruby: Now what do I do with it???

Dr_Diesel

Brilliant_Rock
Who made this one?
2 Armenian brothers in Bangkok. They just stopped dealing directly consumers as of last month however :wall:

After JTC in Las Vegas, they got a big order from a major jewelry house in NYC and are now gearing up for a more large-volume trade-focused business.:cry2:

Last edited:

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few mockups. Thoughts?

IMG_0137.jpeg

I think I’m kind of liking the last one…at least for the moment :lol-2:

If it were me, I would go with option #3 or option #4. Given the almost neon glow, I'd go with white metal. I'm a sucker for bezels, but this stone needs those claw prongs!
I saw a nice trellis three stone on David Klass's instagram from a few years ago--the center had six claw prongs and the smaller side stones had three. Maybe something "swoopy"?

Dr_Diesel

Brilliant_Rock
If it were me, I would go with option #3 or option #4. Given the almost neon glow, I'd go with white metal. I'm a sucker for bezels, but this stone needs those claw prongs!
I saw a nice trellis three stone on David Klass's instagram from a few years ago--the center had six claw prongs and the smaller side stones had three. Maybe something "swoopy"?

IMG_0074.jpeg I'm a huge CvB fan! I think I may end up with something like the one I posted earlier in this thread (but in white. I keep coming back to it.

IMG_0073.jpeg

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
I’m unfortunately going to be stuck in the pondering stage for a bit.

Think of it this way.

While you're "stuck", the ruby is also "stuck" - conveniently in its gem box, available for you to take it out, hold it, spin it around, enjoy it, and overall be smug about how you have this amazing stone and all the rest of the world doesn't. :P2

The moment this stone ends up in a ring, it's also going to end up on the hand of your beloved, and I somehow doubt she'd be all too willing to share it after that. :mrgreen:

Point being, enjoy it while you still have it. :lol:

Dr_Diesel

Brilliant_Rock
Think of it this way.

While you're "stuck", the ruby is also "stuck" - conveniently in its gem box, available for you to take it out, hold it, spin it around, enjoy it, and overall be smug about how you have this amazing stone and all the rest of the world doesn't. :P2

The moment this stone ends up in a ring, it's also going to end up on the hand of your beloved, and I somehow doubt she'd be all too willing to share it after that. :mrgreen:

Point being, enjoy it while you still have it. :lol:

That’s nothing less than brilliant!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m also stuck waiting and saving for a setting. I have my gemmmies in a box on my desk resting under my monitor so I can look at them while I wait.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That color is amazing. Congrats.

Dr_Diesel

Brilliant_Rock
I just spoke with Caysie at CvB ID!

After a brief conversation, we decided to move forward with this design in platinum, using ideal-cut OECs (August Vintage Rounds).

Part of our thinking was that the gallery may give us a little bit more size & presence, since the center stone is only 6.2 mm

I’m low on cash right now, so will at least take it as far as completing the design and producing a CAD.

It may be a little while before I can actually afford to create the real thing.

Meanwhile, I will keep you guys in the loop when the CAD images are available!

IMG_0410.jpeg

After a brief conversation, we decided to move forward with this design in platinum, using ideal-cut OECs (August Vintage Rounds).

Part of our thinking was that the gallery may give us a little bit more size & presence, since the center stone is only 6.2 mm

I’m low on cash right now, so will at least take it as far as completing the design and producing a CAD.

IMG_0410.jpeg

Yasssssssssssssssss!!!
cheerleader1.gif

newtojewels

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_0410.jpeg

That's going to be so stunning when you can make it happen! I can't wait to see it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results