shape
carat
color
clarity

They’re not going down easy

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here’s a “True Story” from a newsletter in today’s email.

“Let me tell you a true story. Not long ago, a client in Colorado walked into a luxury retailer with $60,000 in his pocket, looking to buy a 3-carat F/VVS round brilliant diamond for his wife.
The salesman could smell that $60,000 sale, but margins on a 3-carat F/VVS with a GIA certificate were only 12%.
The client was holding a Rapaport price list, so he negotiated the price down. Then the salesman had an idea and turned around, pulling a different stone from the drawer.
“I’ll give you a great deal you can’t refuse,” he said. “I have a real LGD with an Antwerp IGI certificate showing this stone to be an F/IF.
I can offer it to you for $24,000, including a solitaire ring.”….. ( end of quote)

Excuse me but what a load of bull!!’
What really gets my goat is the unmitigated willingness to misinform people.
Exactly who’s paying $24k for a 3ct lab diamond????
And what a slimeball move for the salesperson!!
And how about a guy walking around with $60k AND a rap sheet in his pocket who wouldn’t know 3 ct lab diamonds can be had for a fraction of $24k????

The people interested in trying to rescue the natural diamond market are really getting desperate. Rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.

Sounds like the same type of scumbag who was doing the same scam using egl graded stones.

Karl……From my perspective…. The whole damn story is total bull$hit.
Or maybe it happened 4 years ago

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP