shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique, interesting, or just plain odd stones...Post them here!

Not running the windmills all the way down was done to bypass the 1902 asscher patent.
Today its about weight retention but can still be done well.
They are not super rare.

I like it too.

Wow, I didn't know that! Cool piece of historical info.

And antique stones too!

Gold! I need gold to drop!

I think old cuts are falling. The ones I bought on eBay recently were shockingly inexpensive. Less than I recall 11 years ago when I was on eBay before, which is wild considering inflation since then. But they are only half carat. I could see larger old cuts not changing bc of the rarity factor.

Etsy — no claims as to the authenticity of Etsy stuff but thought this was interesting. My eyes could never get it in focus.

IMG_4533.jpeg

—-
Wonder what happened to the color on this one?

IMG_4535.jpeg

—-

Wow, I didn't know that! Cool piece of historical info.

Some of these collapsed-windmill stones look very deco-y.

IMG_1782.jpeg

It reminds me of a square crisscut

I was thinking it was a Tiffany Legacy style cushion. I ordered two of these loose a couple of years back and sent them back because they both went pretty dark across the centre and leaked light around the culet. Pretty facet pattern though.

diamondhoarder, there you are! I was worried, we haven't heard from you in a while.
I agree about the stone in this discussion, thought it was interesting but just stayed too dark in the center.
Any new acquisitions to share?

diamondhoarder, there you are! I was worried, we haven't heard from you in a while.
I agree about the stone in this discussion, thought it was interesting but just stayed too dark in the center.
Any new acquisitions to share?

Hi @Ibrakeforpossums :wavey:

Ive not been on PS much lately. I had a period of selling a couple of pieces and trying not to buy more.........although I slipped up a couple of times recently. :lol:

There's an ebay sapphire ring bargain and cool lab diamond that I think qualifies for the "unique and interesting stones" thread. I will post them when I get chance.

Any new bling on your side of the fence recently?

Last Nov. I bought lovedogs' CBI, 1 ct. N color, wanted a CBI but never thought I'd get one. I put it in a used YG setting with princesses on the sides, lovedogs was gracious enought to not respond with a vomit emoji. LOVE it.
I'd like to hear about your slip ups.Set.CBI-1.jpg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP