shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Marquise Diamond Ring

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I've recently become intrigued with Marquise cut diamonds. I currently only own round cut diamonds- so the "change of scenery" is appealing to me!
I purchased a vintage platinum ring with bonus ring guard :). It is an approx. 1.3 carat diamond- described as F/G VS1 or better. It is incredibly white and sparkly, and I was really surprised how nice it is. As with the case with vintage diamonds- I wasn't looking for perfection in the cut.
The prices for vintage marquise rings seemed very expensive to me - so I was happy to find this ring at a good price.
It is very difficult for me to capture the diamond in pictures- they don't really do it justice.

IMG_6295 (2).jpgIMG_6360 (2).jpgIMG_6294 (1).jpgIMG_6340 (1).jpg

I've recently become intrigued with Marquise cut diamonds. I currently only own round cut diamonds- so the "change of scenery" is appealing to me!
I purchased a vintage platinum ring with bonus ring guard :). It is an approx. 1.3 carat diamond- described as F/G VS1 or better. It is incredibly white and sparkly, and I was really surprised how nice it is. As with the case with vintage diamonds- I wasn't looking for perfection in the cut.
The prices for vintage marquise rings seemed very expensive to me - so I was happy to find this ring at a good price.
It is very difficult for me to capture the diamond in pictures- they don't really do it justice.

IMG_6295 (2).jpgIMG_6360 (2).jpgIMG_6294 (1).jpgIMG_6340 (1).jpg

Love marquise! Great find!!!

The following photo is a ring being sold at EraGem- I was wondering if the cut of the diamond is similar to the ring that I purchased. I honestly am a novice when it comes to Marquise diamonds. I would like to try and date the cut of the diamond.
The ring in this picture belongs to EraGem. It is not my ring :)
I'm using it for diamond cut comparison purposes.
IMG_6413.jpg

Last edited:
I'm loving all these vintage marquise/moval stones! This looks like an 8 main with the mains going through the center which
are hard to come by. They tend, in my experience, to have better light return and less bow-tie effect through the center. Nice
find!

It’s absolutely beautiful & the cut is stunning! I hope you can find more information on the date of it & come back to update us!

Great find! I love the pastels in your photos!

The following photo is a ring being sold at EraGem- I was wondering if the cut of the diamond is similar to the ring that I purchased. I honestly am a novice when it comes to Marquise diamonds. I would like to try and date the cut of the diamond.
The ring in this picture belongs to EraGem. It is not my ring :)
I'm using it for diamond cut comparison purposes.
IMG_6413.jpg
The ring in the photo appears to have more of an antique, old-cut marquise, while yours has a more modern-cut diamond.

I'm loving all these vintage marquise/moval stones! This looks like an 8 main with the mains going through the center which
are hard to come by. They tend, in my experience, to have better light return and less bow-tie effect through the center. Nice
find!

Thank you ! I’m going to research your description so I can find out more about the way the diamond is cut. I feel that lucked out on getting the ring set for a good price (approx $2,000) based on prices I’ve seen for marquise rings.

Lovely ring! More hand shots please!

It really is lovely and my novice eye sees no dark patches or bowtie.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP