shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this $1250 sapphire

dj508

Rough_Rock
Here it is I have finally bought a ring

Just out of curiosity what do you think of it?

It's a cushion heated padparadscha (I think it's more orange and you?) 1.23 carat.

I believe if there is window it's very small depending of the angle.

And yeah some purple zoning but it's fine for me.

Price was around 1250$ for it.

Do you think it was fair with previous information ?

Here are the photos and videos to complete this

Thank you :mrgreen2:

1000047339.jpg

1000047226.jpg

Last edited:
Based on the first picture, i woul say it is more orange than pad no ? Do you have a lab report ?

Edit : it looks bicolor with orange and a touch of pink on the bottom.

As I understand it, Pads can only have pink and orange. Any other color cancels out the Pad designation.

Based on the first picture, i woul say it is more orange than pad no ? Do you have a lab report ?

Edit : it looks bicolor with orange and a touch of pink on the bottom.

Indeed I also think it's more Orange than Pad too. I asked for a GIA report.

On the videos I still see some mix of orange and pink what do you think?

As I understand it, Pads can only have pink and orange. Any other color cancels out the Pad designation.

Yes with purple color zoning from what I've read here it's not Pad and it's clearly on the orange range

$1250 is not too much overpriced for this Orange sapphire then?

It still weird that people are calling Pad what is not, personally I wanted orange but imagine someone who truly wanted Pad...

Last edited:
I'd say price is about as expected as for a stone from the NSC - they're a bit on the high side, but I've read many positive experiences with their customer service, and that costs, too. Do you have it yet, or are these videos from the vendor? I hope it looks just as nice in person.

Obviously, it's not a pad-pad, but you already knew that. If it was an actual pad, it would've had a different price tag. And you were looking for an orange sapphire to begin with, so all seems to work out.

I'd say price is about as expected as for a stone from the NSC - they're a bit on the high side, but I've read many positive experiences with their customer service, and that costs, too. Do you have it yet, or are these videos from the vendor? I hope it looks just as nice in person.

Obviously, it's not a pad-pad, but you already knew that. If it was an actual pad, it would've had a different price tag. And you were looking for an orange sapphire to begin with, so all seems to work out.

Thank you for the clear answer =)2.
I'm waiting for it to be ID certified by GIA and it should be ready from production and delivered home in December

I think it's very pretty. I'm also a fan of the zoning it's like a little birthmark/fingerprint that belongs only to your stone. It will make lovely three stone. I can't wait to see some pictures.

I personally love this stone because I am crazy for zoning (others don’t like it - YMMV). I have no clue about price - but very interested to hear what GIA says!
Thank you, indeed will post about it

I think it's very pretty. I'm also a fan of the zoning it's like a little birthmark/fingerprint that belongs only to your stone. It will make lovely three stone. I can't wait to see some pictures.
Yes you're right it's also why here I wanted this stone because the zoning is cute and it will be uniq for a special ring. I hope it will be nice in real now.

Let see that in December for the result

A beautiful stone with more orange than padparadscha. However, technically, it could still be considered a padparadscha because it contains pink, but at the same time, it is more orangey.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP