shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your personal style?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I've noticed that a lot of you posted about not wearing shorts, but only skirts and dresses in the summer, so how would you decribe your personal style?

I would describe mine as preppy/non-trendy/classic. Lots of slacks and darkwash jeans paired with v-neck sweaters or sweater sets for work. I like solids, and rarely wear any type of print, and for jewelry I wear the same thing everyday. I have my wedding set, my diamond solitaire pendant, and cz studs. I wear shorts and tank tops with flip flops in the summer, and an occasional solid color tank dress. For weddings etc, I wear dresses straight out of J.Crew catalogue. In fact, my clothes usually come from. J. crew, Ann Taylor, and Banana Republic.

I forgot to add that if there were a celeb that I could identify with style-wise, it'd be Jennifer Aniston. Pretty much whatever she wears, I'd wear too.

E B

Ideal_Rock
My style's a lot like yours, jaysonsmom. I like classic basics in darker colors. I wear a lot of black, brown, navy, eggplant, wine/cranberry, and gray, and I'm usually in jeans and black ballet flats or flip flops. I also like/wear classic jewelry pieces: white gold ball or diamond studs, wedding band, five stone, pearls, etc. I'm not a big print person either, though plaid is a huge guilty pleasure of mine. (Odd, because I had to wear it all throughout both grade and high school.)

I think I was born without the accessory gene, because I have a really hard time accessorizing. If given a choice of, say, five classic jewelry pieces or two drawerfulls of fun jewelry, I'd choose the classics. I'll always reach for the diamond studs over a pair of colorful hoops. I have to admit, I'm a little envious of people I know who are always wearing different cute earrings and a coordinating necklace every time I see them, like my mother-in-law. She's fabulous at accessorizing (and it helps that she makes jewelry!). She wears a lot of bright colors and prints, too, so our overall styles are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I think my style is "last season''s sale items."
I have a lot of classic plain colored slacks for work, and then I pair them with trendier tops, and I often layer a whole lot.
When going out, I typically am a jeans and top kinda girl...much more on the casual side. I like to wear heals, and that''s how I dress something up. I accessorize with simple necklaces usually and funky earrings. I can''t say I''m so much a "classic" dresser, I usually feel like I''m put together but not quite "there." I wish I had better style! I can put together other peoples outfits, but not my own!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is mostly sweaters and fitted shirts that I pair up with jeans. I love designer jeans and will wear those with less expensive shirts, like ones from Old Navy. About 1/3 of my shirts/sweaters are black and the rest are purple, wine, and similar shades. I look terrible in lighter colors like white and cream - they really wash me out, so I usually try for darker shades.

Jewelry is very simple. Wedding set with diamond studs and a diamond pendant.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I am a total hippie. Really, I am. Flower everything, I smell like flowers, I just love love flowers.
I wear danskos, flowing dresses and skirts. I don''t own a pair of pants. I know I am weird, but that''s also part of my style hehe.
Often, I get the full up-down glare from women, I don''t care either, they can bite my flowery rear :)

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Preppy and girlie... think J. Crew, Banana Republic, Urban Outfitters, and Anthropologie :)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
preppy jeans and tee shirt. BR, Ann Taylor, Loft, JCrew, etc.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
My style? "Really Chubby Jennifer Garner"

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I wear what''s on sale mostly.. and pretty classic pants (black or grey dress pants or jeans), and whatever tops I can find on sale :)
I do love coloured shoes though - I wear pink shoes at work most days and would love blue and green pairs

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 7:50:17 PM
Author: Maevie
I wear what''s on sale mostly.. and pretty classic pants (black or grey dress pants or jeans), and whatever tops I can find on sale :)
I do love coloured shoes though - I wear pink shoes at work most days and would love blue and green pairs

I like "accent" shoes too. I often wear all neutral clothing then wear throw in red patent ballet flats or bronze pumps etc.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 8:01:56 PM
Author: jaysonsmom
Date: 4/26/2010 7:50:17 PM

Author: Maevie

I like 'accent' shoes too. I often wear all neutral clothing then wear throw in red patent ballet flats or bronze pumps etc.

Me, too, on the accent shoes (or scarves or jewelery). I used to have a very, very strong no print policy and just incorporated a few things with a print on them, though I am still very strongly solid color. I also very much rock blacks, whites, and grays.

I try my best to wear things that work for my body type. If it happens to be trendy, so be it, but if it looks good, I will wear it past the trend cycle. Mainly though, because of the whole no/limited print thing, I tend to look very classic.

ETA: I will say that my complete style icon at the moment is Emma Pillsbury (Jayma Mays character on Glee). Between her and Joan Holloway (Christina Hendrick's character on Mad Men), I could die and live in vintage, printless fashion heaven.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
My style is fairly classic and toned down - I don't wear a lot of bright colors or flashy prints. I love things that are simple but have a structural detail that makes them stand out.

More or less everything at Banana Republic is my style
3.gif

I love a pair of accenting shoes and I'm not afraid of any color or print if it's a shoe! Otherwise I'm not great at accessorizing and tend to wear the same few jewelry pieces over and over.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I have a personal style. Sometimes I wear juicy sweats, sometimes I wear jeans and tees. Usually, I wear jeans and a cute shirt. I do wear shorts sometimes, but mostly I wear jeans. Today I wore dark blue jeans with a ruched Ann Taylor LOFT shirt and a cable knit sweater because it was cold, with a pair of chocolate brown loafers.

I wore it with my pear set, butterfly dangly earrings, my SG butterfly pendant and a white ceramic MK watch.

I don''t usually dress up at all though. I wore slacks and a button down shirt (from NY company) for the first time in about two years, last Tuesday for Albany Lobby Day, but they said we had to be a little dressed up and no jeans. By the end of the day, I was wear a red NYSNA shirt though, lol....

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
I wear suits to work. When I''m not working ~ I guess my style is Kate Hudson or Cameron Diaz-eque: classic lines with an overlay of California boho chic. I wear lots of layers: skinny jeans and a thin top, plus a more structured tailored jacket or long sweater. If I''m going out, I''ll add on a scarf or a couple strands of long necklaces, heels or other fun shoes. Temperatures are on the cool side in my city, so I usually have a light trench coat or a pea coat as well. I try not to overdo it on the ''classic'' or the ''trendy,'' but to strike a fun, low-key balance. I do tend to shy away from mall stores and browse in smaller neighborhood boutiques, mostly b/c I don''t like seeing what I''m wearing on somebody else.
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm, good question! Former pop punk mixed with fashion forward stuff?
3.gif
I wear black skinny higher waisted jeans pretty much every day with black boots of some sort or my favorite open toed lace up sandal shoe things. And usually a baggy top of some sort, preferably a tank top. And a long necklace of some sort. If it''s a little chilly, I always wear this black leather hoodie jacket by Mike and Chris that I LOVE. I recently bought a boyfriend blazer and I''m trying to mix that into the rotation...but I''m a creature of habit! I wear mostly blacks, greys and whites with the occasional pop of color. I love neon pink and bright blue a lot.

My favorite lines lately/always are Nudie Jeans, Something by Something Else, Erin Wasson X RVCA (just got several tops that I LOVE by that line!), Dolce Vita shoes and recently tops, Jeffrey Campbell shoes, Frye boots, etc. I love clothes!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thing, you seem so cool! Your style sounds fab :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. I have around 150 pairs of shoes. They range from lucite stripper heels to Dansko clogs, from Teva trail running shoes to $600+ Magrit stilettoes with a huge embellishment on the side, from Old Navy flip flops to Delman 2 inch leather pumps. And others.

Ok, now that shoes are covered...

The rest of my style I'd say is vibrant classic with a hint of whimsy. These seem to be the stores of choices for various clothing items...

Pants from Old Navy or Ann Taylor LOFT
Shirts from LOFT, Anthropologie, Ann Taylor, and other random places
Sweaters and jackets from anywhere and everywhere
Skirts from Anthropologie and Old Navy
Dresses from Anthropologie, Nordstrom, J Crew, LOFT
Suit from Banana Republic (there is only one suit in my closet)

I love bright vibrant colors, although I stay away from warmer colors typically, and I'm not a huge pattern person. I LOVE pinstripes, and LOATHE plaid. Black and gray are great neutrals and browns suck. I have more of an hourglass figure, so I like to emphasize my waistline and de-emphasize my hips. Most of my tops reveal too much cleavage, but thats because they are designed for smaller busted women.

I love small details and punching things up with accessories and color. Today I wore navy sailor pants from LOFT, a silk flower embellished dark gray tank from Anthro, a jean jacket from LOFT, and flat silver sandals from Dillards.

I dunno...

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Freke, I love Anthropologies dresses! Well, I pretty much love everything from that store :)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 11:45:00 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Um. I have around 150 pairs of shoes. They range from lucite stripper heels to Dansko clogs, from Teva trail running shoes to $600+ Magrit stilettoes with a huge embellishment on the side, from Old Navy flip flops to Delman 2 inch leather pumps. And others.

Ok, now that shoes are covered...

The rest of my style I'd say is vibrant classic with a hint of whimsy. These seem to be the stores of choices for various clothing items...

Pants from Old Navy or Ann Taylor LOFT
Shirts from LOFT, Anthropologie, Ann Taylor, and other random places
Sweaters and jackets from anywhere and everywhere
Skirts from Anthropologie and Old Navy
Dresses from Anthropologie, Nordstrom, J Crew, LOFT
Suit from Banana Republic (there is only one suit in my closet)

I love bright vibrant colors, although I stay away from warmer colors typically, and I'm not a huge pattern person. I LOVE pinstripes, and LOATHE plaid. Black and gray are great neutrals and browns suck. I have more of an hourglass figure, so I like to emphasize my waistline and de-emphasize my hips. Most of my tops reveal too much cleavage, but thats because they are designed for smaller busted women.

I love small details and punching things up with accessories and color. Today I wore navy sailor pants from LOFT, a silk flower embellished dark gray tank from Anthro, a jean jacket from LOFT, and flat silver sandals from Dillards.

I dunno...
What size shoe do you wear
9.gif
I'll be coming over shortly
11.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol risingsun, in shoes or clothes?

And me too burberrygirl. I have a wishlist thats a mile long on their website!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Comfort first.
Nothing second.

I only wear loose-fitting 100% cotton, usually from thrift stores.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tend to wear a few common silhouettes that best compliment my body, and there are a handful of design and structural details that I really like as well.

Pants
- Fitted through the waist and thighs, wide at the bottom
- Thick cuffs (sewn in on non-jeans) at bottom
- I love dress pants with a center crease sewn in them
- Very long
- I love jeans, but I also love thick, classic dress pant fabric and a heavy wool pant. I wear a lot of linen in the summer, too.

Tops
- Collars--I love interested collars on tops, especially very thick cowl necks or collars that are exaggerated
- Fitted through the torso
- I like sleeves with details at the cuffs
- Long
- I love wool sweaters, especially if they have exaggerated sleeves or necklines
- I love a crisp white button down shirt. My current favorite is from Banana Republic. It was great detailing and it fits so well.

Shoes
- The higher the heel, the better
- I love rounded square toe boxes
- I love bold colors

Accessories
- I like neck scarves, simple jewelry, and really great makeup

I guess you could say my silhouette is loose and flowy at the sleeves and bottoms of my pants, but fitted in the middle. I go for classic fabrics and details, I'm not big on trends. I like a bold splash of color, but my wardrobe has everything from basic black pants to bright yellow. I shop everywhere from Loehmann's to BR, Nordstrom, Anthro, Free People, and thrift stores.

This thread is so timely. I just spent the evening reminiscing with two of my fellow costume design majors from college. Boy do I miss the days of having a key to the costume vault. My wardrobe was KILLER back then!

I have no idea what my style is called, though.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Love your style Kenny! Mine seems to be the norm, pretty sporty / classic, not many prints unless it is a skirt or dress, those I wear a lot of in summer, many sweaters cause I am a freezebaby and my shoes are mostly Born, Keens or boots wich I wear alot of. Northface because the sleeves are sooooo long, I love them!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Classic but modern. A ton of my stuff is from J-crew.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
almost always my style is whatever is comfortable and a solid color. My closet has a mix of styles but the one thing that doesn''t surprise my friends when they see my closet is the lack of any prints - I have one shirt I like with stripes and every single other thing is a solid color. I like them on others and I try them on sometimes, but I feel too busy. Right now I''m wearing a green cotton tee shirt (long, almost like a tunic) and brown cotton capris. I''d say this is pretty typical although I''m more likely to be in black than in brown and I''m more likely to be in blue than in green. (though I don''t wear black and blue together, it''s one of my things haha)

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 10:03:28 PM
Author: thing2of2
My favorite lines lately/always are Nudie Jeans, Something by Something Else, Erin Wasson X RVCA (just got several tops that I LOVE by that line!), Dolce Vita shoes and recently tops, Jeffrey Campbell shoes, Frye boots, etc. I love clothes!
YAY for Frye boots. I have 3 pair in different styles. The red western boots are a favorite, and the tall campus boots are great with skirts.
3.gif

This thread makes me want to go shopping in the worst way!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I''m completely and thoroughly preppy. My wardrobe is probably more than 80% Ralph Lauren. Even though, I''ve been gravitating towards Lacoste for my polos because they tend to fit me better. Now, I have to mention that while I''m unashamed to admit that I''m preppy, you will never see me with a popped collar.

I''m obsessed with argyle socks. I love socks in general, but argyle socks make me happy. Especially if they''re from Paul Stuart.

There''s nothing in the world like a great pair of really dark jeans. No holes, no distressing, no stupid designs on the pockets. I would personally like to burn all the True Religion jeans made, along with Rock and Republic.

Cardigans make me happy also.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simple, tailored pieces in muted colours... and I love my sweaters. I've started to experiment with brightly coloured shoes lately
1.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like classic but modern clothing. I like building a wardrobe over the course of time. I wear Ann Taylor and Loft, Jones New York, Kate Hill, Ann Klein and Calvin Klein. I love jeans, black turtlenecks and blazers in the winter, and capris, crop pants and nice tees and tops in the summer. I''ve been trying to find more summer dresses and skirts that fit me and I wanted to thank the Anthropolgie ladies for posting their preferences. I just went to their website and saw some really nice things! Better than that, I have an Anthropologie store a half hour away from my house. (I really have to try things on) I can have fun shopping there!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I have a mostly country style, lots of boot cut jeans with plaid shirts. I love boots. But I also have a really girly sense of style to me, I like flowy skirts, and I like girly tops. I wear a lot of neutrals, but I love blue on me, and sometimes purples. I love clothes that accentuate my favorite parts of myself, but that are relaxed, and easy. I like light weight pastel dresses. I sometimes dress kindof business dressy. I follow trends, but I also have to wear things that make sense for my lifestyle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results