shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your personal style?

During the week, I''d say I''m conservatively edgy. I have a corporate job, so I need to dress for that.

I tend to buy a lot of classic clothes that flatter my figure, but I try to funk them up a bit with accessories, splashes of color, and fun belts. I wear a lot of skirts and dresses with boots, too. Each season, I tend to buy a few trendy pieces on sale or at cheaper stores since I know they''ll be "out" in a year or two, and I throw them into the rotation.

On the weekends, I''m either sporty (t-shirts, jeans, fleece jackets) or if we''re going out, I like to dress a little bit flirtier and wear a lower-cut shirt with fitted jeans.

One thing I am *not* is a pearls/sweater set kind of girl.

I''m going to play dress-up at Freke''s. That is all.
35.gif

My style is classic and tacky! I wear traditional clothing for the most part. sweater sets, pointy toed shoes, wide leg slacks, but then I have like an outrageous purse, or my swarovski crystal covered iphone to add some "funk". Every now and then I wear a loud obnoxious floral shirt, but then everything else is simple and basic black. i dont wear costume jewels.. Diamnods studs. wedding set, and hopefully one day a tennis bracelet

Date: 4/27/2010 12:01:20 AM
Author: risingsun
Date: 4/26/2010 11:45:00 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Um. I have around 150 pairs of shoes. They range from lucite stripper heels to Dansko clogs, from Teva trail running shoes to $600+ Magrit stilettoes with a huge embellishment on the side, from Old Navy flip flops to Delman 2 inch leather pumps. And others.
What size shoe do you wear
9.gif
I''ll be coming over shortly
11.gif
*I* wanna know ... what''s the rotation. Are there five pairs you wear 90% of the time? And what are they!? OR -- do you shuffle through the whole bunch & wear each pair 3x a year? INQUIRING MINDS!!!
9.gif

Funny, I was *just* thinking about starting a thread like this the other day, I swear!
3.gif
1.gif

I have different looks. When I'm at work (as a boring and conservative CPA), it's usually a dark suit by Max Mara or Max & Co, coupled with 3-inch covered-toe pumps. When I go out at night, I rock it with Gucci dresses and 4-5 inch Gucci heels (or Jimmy Choo, tho' I've recently discovered or rather reaffirmed I actually prefer Gucci). Handbags are usually Gucci, LV or Chanel. During the weekend or when I am not working, my attire usually consists of spaghetti-strap tops or boring jumpers (weather dependent) and leggings or Miss Sixty jeans (other brands make my butt look HUGE - LOL, am I allowed to say the b-word here?!)). I love Roberto Cavallii but can't wear them since I'm too short at 5'2
14.gif
. Most of my clothes, shoes and handbags are black but I do love red and white too. I reckon I can always bling up my outfit, if it's too dark, with my diamonds, he he.
26.gif

I reckon when I move into my fifties, Armani dresses and suits as well as Valentino dresses will be my staple. Dunno if I can still rock the 4-5 inch platform Gucci heels then but I will certainly try.
9.gif

"Um. I have around 150 pairs of shoes."

How many closets does this require? To each their own, but faced with a choice that massive everyday, I would go back to bed and pull the covers over my head.
3.gif
And I say that as someone who is known to have more than a few dozen pairs herself . . .

My personal style is classic/romantic. At least that was what I learned from one of those silly women''s club presentations. Remember ''color charting''? This was style charting. (We did ridiculous things in the 90s.)

I will say that this pretty much characterizes me, though. I have a boho-preppy vibe . I like long flowing skirts, but I was The Cardigan Queen long before Michelle Obama ever thought about sporting a cardy.
9.gif

I prefer simplicity over drama in my clothes, no matter what I''m wearing. And black goes with everything. Those are my credos.

Still a goth. Lots of sheer, lace, velvets, waist cinchers, corsets, v-necks and 95% is black. 3% purple and the rest is miscellaneous red, gray or print. Lots of unusual shoes and other accesories.

I do have have clothes aside for interviews and such when I have to look like normal folks.

My personal style? Peri-menopausal 40-something mom who showered yesterday. Makes for a nice mental picture, huh?

Although I have really nice bling!

Date: 4/27/2010 1:34:52 PM
Author: nytemist
Still a goth. Lots of sheer, lace, velvets, waist cinchers, corsets, v-necks and 95% is black. 3% purple and the rest is miscellaneous red, gray or print. Lots of unusual shoes and other accesories.

I do have have clothes aside for interviews and such when I have to look like normal folks.

tee hee

You must be very interesting.
2.gif

Thanks HollyS, I try.
1.gif
My freinds seems to think so and enjoy shopping in my closet sometimes.

I forgot to add that I almost never wear black. I just thought of this since so many people listed black as a wardrobe staple. I just don''t think it looks that good on me, though I''ve been told on occasion that it does. It seems to harsh for my skin tone so I prefer browns and greys instead.

I''m quirky. I love bright colors, it''s not uncommon for me to pair several of them together in one outfit, and I love prints. I do have meaty arms, so I tend to wear cardigans to hide that if I''m in something sleeveless. I adore Sarah Jessica Parker''s style, particularly on Sex and the City. I just don''t have her budget (man, I wish!), so I tend to shop at Old Navy, Target, New York and Company, etc, or I make stuff. Well, correction--I draw stuff then con my mother into sewing it because I''ve yet to figure out how to operate a sewing machine!

I wear jeans and button up shirts mostly. My jeans are all Citizens or Paige, most of my button up shirts are from Banana, but I do wear a lot of those v neck printed T shirts from Target too. I am not a big shoe person, lately I''ve been wearing a lot of metallic flip flops, but I do rock the stilettos sometimes. I usually have a colorful bag and big, fun earrings too. A guy I''m dating calls me a "Lincoln Park Trixie", and I do fit the description. I have a 2010 Jetta and a scruffy little dog too.

Date: 4/27/2010 11:41:11 AM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 4/27/2010 12:01:20 AM
Author: risingsun
Date: 4/26/2010 11:45:00 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Um. I have around 150 pairs of shoes. They range from lucite stripper heels to Dansko clogs, from Teva trail running shoes to $600+ Magrit stilettoes with a huge embellishment on the side, from Old Navy flip flops to Delman 2 inch leather pumps. And others.
What size shoe do you wear
9.gif
I'll be coming over shortly
11.gif
*I* wanna know ... what's the rotation. Are there five pairs you wear 90% of the time? And what are they!? OR -- do you shuffle through the whole bunch & wear each pair 3x a year? INQUIRING MINDS!!!
9.gif
Risingsun, I have shoes anywhere from a 7 to an 8.5, but 7.5 and 8 are most common.

Deco--My crocs are very lived in. I have a few pairs of flats/low heels that I wear all of the time, probably something like at least once every two days. I tend to change shoes about 3 times a day. I wear maybe one or two pairs of heels each week, but really, I'll try to wear as many as possible. I've worn 6 pairs in the last week, but thats only because it was my birthday and I got a more than normal number of excuses to wear them. Today I wore this outfit, again throwing in heels that weren't strictly necessary:

Steve Madden, Anabelle (never been worn before) neutral/gold
Ann Taylor LOFT, boyfriend wash jacket
Anthropologie, Floreat, Grasslands Dress
Necklace from Barry Bridgestock (mint tourmaline, 14kt rabbit ear setting)
Ring from Elsa Peretti/T&Co (blue sapphire stacking band
Kenneth Cole, Smash Hit hobo (my normal bag, I don't switch much)

Grasslands dress collage freke.jpg

Date: 4/27/2010 1:29:41 PM
Author: HollyS
''Um. I have around 150 pairs of shoes.''

How many closets does this require? To each their own, but faced with a choice that massive everyday, I would go back to bed and pull the covers over my head.
3.gif
And I say that as someone who is known to have more than a few dozen pairs herself . . .
Just the one. It is a walk-in, and the shelf (360 degrees, above the rods) is occupied by shoe boxes. There are also racks on the ground that have shoes on them too. It''s really not as bad as it sounds, but lets just say I don''t have a lot of stuff besides shoes and clothes in my closet...that''s all in my husband''s closet!

Date: 4/26/2010 6:33:41 PM
Author:jaysonsmom
I've noticed that a lot of you posted about not wearing shorts, but only skirts and dresses in the summer, so how would you decribe your personal style?

I would describe mine as preppy/non-trendy/classic. Lots of slacks and darkwash jeans paired with v-neck sweaters or sweater sets for work. I like solids, and rarely wear any type of print, and for jewelry I wear the same thing everyday. I have my wedding set, my diamond solitaire pendant, and cz studs. I wear shorts and tank tops with flip flops in the summer, and an occasional solid color tank dress. For weddings etc, I wear dresses straight out of J.Crew catalogue. In fact, my clothes usually come from. J. crew, Ann Taylor, and Banana Republic.

I forgot to add that if there were a celeb that I could identify with style-wise, it'd be Jennifer Aniston. Pretty much whatever she wears, I'd wear too.

Jennifer Aniston's Style

I probably would not wear the first outfit you see on the link, but the rest is all me. I don't like anything that requires ironing, so the button down shirt outfit is a stretch, but I love those shorts!

I am pretty versatile but I wear long flowy sundresses and skirts regularly paired with nice sandals or flip flops...I live in South Florida. I love to dress cool and comfortably while looking put together and feminine. I love to shop at Anthropologie, Nordstom, Bloomingdales, and the Impule Department at Macys. I don''t tolerate uncomfortable shoes at all ... my feet are very important to me because I am in the medical field and stand for at least 10 hours a day.

Date: 4/27/2010 11:29:13 AM
Author: winelover23
I''m going to play dress-up at Freke''s. That is all.
35.gif
Me, too! Wanna carpool?

Lori

What''s my style? Mark''s Whorehouse, with a bit of Ribkoff thrown in here and there.

Cheap (as it cost not in trashy) and lazy most of the time. I do clean up nice though.

I have no style!
3.gif

I live in jeans and fitted Ts (frequently these fitted tees feature my favorite baseball team). I work in a lab so I don''t really have a work wardrobe, therefore I don''t own very many nice pieces (I have ruined quite a few pieces of clothing in my day!). I look good in dresses and heels but I only own a couple of each. DH is an outdoors-y kinda guy, so we keep it pretty casual most days. But we can look good when we want to (about 2x a year, lol).

My personal style is...bad. I don''t know if what I wear can be considered style. I wear jeans a lot. Pants about 99.9% of the time. T-shirts. Polos. I TRY to be feminine, but...I fail.
38.gif

Every once in a while I pull of something "cute". I need help though. My friends serve as personal stylists from time to time.

Date: 4/27/2010 1:36:04 PM
Author: Uppy
My personal style? Peri-menopausal 40-something mom who showered yesterday. Makes for a nice mental picture, huh?

Although I have really nice bling!
Hee Hee, I love this! I think I often feel this way also, the bling is the redeeming factor when you are not feeling all that.

Date: 4/26/2010 10:03:28 PM
Author: thing2of2
Hmm, good question! Former pop punk mixed with fashion forward stuff?
3.gif
I wear black skinny higher waisted jeans pretty much every day with black boots of some sort or my favorite open toed lace up sandal shoe things. And usually a baggy top of some sort, preferably a tank top. And a long necklace of some sort. If it''s a little chilly, I always wear this black leather hoodie jacket by Mike and Chris that I LOVE. I recently bought a boyfriend blazer and I''m trying to mix that into the rotation...but I''m a creature of habit! I wear mostly blacks, greys and whites with the occasional pop of color. I love neon pink and bright blue a lot.

My favorite lines lately/always are Nudie Jeans, Something by Something Else, Erin Wasson X RVCA (just got several tops that I LOVE by that line!), Dolce Vita shoes and recently tops, Jeffrey Campbell shoes, Frye boots, etc. I love clothes!

Thing2 - have you seen this site?
to die for hours of browsing!

Date: 4/28/2010 2:11:33 PM
Author: jsm
I have no style!
3.gif

I live in jeans and fitted Ts (frequently these fitted tees feature my favorite baseball team). I work in a lab so I don''t really have a work wardrobe, therefore I don''t own very many nice pieces (I have ruined quite a few pieces of clothing in my day!). I look good in dresses and heels but I only own a couple of each. DH is an outdoors-y kinda guy, so we keep it pretty casual most days. But we can look good when we want to (about 2x a year, lol).

Don''t you love the lab coat wardrobe?! No one believes me that I could probably wear pajamas to work and no one would care!

Jeans + simple cotton tops + sandals = me.

Date: 4/26/2010 7:24:59 PM
Author: Amethyste
I am a total hippie. Really, I am. Flower everything, I smell like flowers, I just love love flowers.
I wear danskos, flowing dresses and skirts. I don''t own a pair of pants. I know I am weird, but that''s also part of my style hehe.
Often, I get the full up-down glare from women, I don''t care either, they can bite my flowery rear :)
Yay, another one! I *never* go out in public wearing pants. I admit I sleep in pj pants in the winter (DH is a freaking reptile and keeps the bedroom at approximately refrigerator temp) but I never ever wear pants in public. I just hate them. Skirts or dresses, with tights in the winter, all the way. I also think pants tend to make my butt look bigger than skirts do.

I''m still totally goth, I admit it. I may be 33 but it doesn''t stop me. Black, black and more black, with a bit of eggplant purple, burgundy or grey. I love blazers too, silk velvet especially. And poofy skirts. I tend to wear Tahitian pearls most days at the moment.

In the summer the building I work in gets about a zillion degrees- seriously, it hovers around 80something in here May-October. So I wear a ton of tank tops and sundresses.

I have a huge tattoo on my back and I love camisole-style tops that show the whole thing off (and the shoulder tattoo too), or halter top dresses. I admit it is a bit difficult to look professional when you''re so dang hot you have to wear tank tops for about 6 months of the year that show off all my body art... my tattoo is a Rene Lalique brooch from the 1900s, and I work at an antique mall, so it isn''t *that* odd. I''ve had elderly (like 80 year old) women really love the tattoo, which always entertains me. It''s a good conversation piece.

I hardly ever wear skirts and I never wear dresses. I dress pretty casually most of the time. The last time I wore a suit was probably about 12 years ago when I interviewed for a job in the business world. Now I'm a teacher, so suits and really dressy clothes aren't required. I usually wear khakis, dark jeans, or black pants and a solid shirt or light sweater. I'm really short, so most prints, especially larger ones, don't look great on me. I'm not sure what my style is though. I love JCrew, J. Jill, Land's End/LL Bean, and Talbots. I also like Kohl's though, too. The colors that look best on me are cranberry/wine, slate blue, and eggplant, but I also wear navy, black and gray, brown, and cream a lot. That covered most colors actually but I don't typically wear yellow or orange.

Hmmm, I don't know how to label it. I like classic type clothing, but with a "pretty" twist. I like a mix of things fitted and tailored paired with something a little more flowy, like a fitted top with loose wide-leg pants. I love anything waisted. I love a little frill, a little something flowery. I'm fairly girly with my clothes, and I have a lot of coral/pink in my wardrobe. I wear jeans in my downtime, usually bootcut. I don't have many skirts, we don't have the weather for it here, but I often wear casual, long-sleeved daytime dresses, like sweater dresses, with boots. The trenchcoat is one of my favourite inventions of all time. I don't much go for labels, I'm a mix of a few expensive boutique staples, paired with cheap chain-store stuff. I love vintage bags. I don't wear very much jewelry, the stuff I have is romantic/vintage style but not too ornate. My hair is kind of loosely curly and I wear pretty much the same makeup everyday - a little blush, mascara, some eyeliner, and lipgloss. The eyes get a lot darker for nights out!

I'm fairly predictable
2.gif

Date: 4/26/2010 10:03:28 PM
Author: thing2of2
Hmm, good question! Former pop punk mixed with fashion forward stuff?
3.gif
I wear black skinny higher waisted jeans pretty much every day with black boots of some sort or my favorite open toed lace up sandal shoe things. And usually a baggy top of some sort, preferably a tank top. And a long necklace of some sort. If it''s a little chilly, I always wear this black leather hoodie jacket by Mike and Chris that I LOVE. I recently bought a boyfriend blazer and I''m trying to mix that into the rotation...but I''m a creature of habit! I wear mostly blacks, greys and whites with the occasional pop of color. I love neon pink and bright blue a lot.

My favorite lines lately/always are Nudie Jeans, Something by Something Else, Erin Wasson X RVCA (just got several tops that I LOVE by that line!), Dolce Vita shoes and recently tops, Jeffrey Campbell shoes, Frye boots, etc. I love clothes!
OMG LOVE that style. One of my best friends is tall and slim, and she seriously rocks that style. She always looks so cool. I''m always so jealous of people with the figure to pull that off. You guys can wear anything. My figure is so restricting when it comes to clothes. I''m average height with big boobs - when I try to wear a loose, funky tank top I end up looking like a milking cow
14.gif
And skinny jeans are NOT my friends. I look like an upside down triangle if I try to sqeeze my hips into them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results