shape
carat
color
clarity

white sapphire side stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beginswithT

Rough_Rock
How would they look in a 3 stone ring with a darker (but still nice) blue sapphire center stone?

Do they sparkle at all? Do they look like diamonds? And if so, do they look like really blah diamonds?

Any experiences?

From my experience use of white Sapphires as side stones has never been a sucess,..
Why? they may be nice , but just don''t sparkle the same as accent stone should ,.. diamond is still best solution when creating piece of fine jewelry,... CZ seem to look much better but again not suitable for fine jewelry.
Lately we have been sucessful with colored Sapphire accents . Yellow, pink and blue 1/2 moons or trapezoids . Yellow and blue seem to be growing in popularity,.. For aded slas small accent diamonds may be used or if you prefer simple look, no other accent color is needed
George

sapp+diaring.jpg

Soft colors generally don''t need diamond accents

NICON ! 044.jpg

Georg ! the second ring is a marvel
1.gif
Thanks!
The yellow sides near blue definitely belong there.

White sapphire... well, I would not use side-stole cuts (half mon, baguette, those that are only used as side stones). Made up with diamonds in mind, these cuts are not bright anyway. With some luck, even diamonds carved this way look drab
7.gif
But round sapphire sides sound good, and there are enough cut very well. Pears are nice too, if you can find them done well. I don't think these stones look like diamond because they lack dispersion, but they still sound better than syntetics or what not.

Here is a larger image,.. Please don''t try this combination with native cut or darker blues,..
This gem is cut to sparkle by it self!

2a_1.jpg

I have a pair of small (3 mm) loose white sapphire trillions that are quite sparkly. I think in a smaller stone with the right cut they could looks similar to diamonds.

Georg, the cut of the blue sapphire is quite lovely, who does it ? You ?
2.gif

Ana, yes all images are of jewelry made by our studio .

George
17.gif

Date: 1/7/2005 8:43:17 PM
Author: Georg
Ana, yes all images are of jewelry made by our studio .

George
Aha! Link ?
11.gif

yes, link, link!!

georg, welcome to Pricescope! That 2nd ring has an elegance all its own. I''ll believe you about the colors. You''ve got it to work like a charm. Thanks for posting that lovely picture.
36.gif

~kmom
35.gif

Ana,
Sorry, no link ,...I believe this ring was a custom order and so was the other one these are file photos,.
I do need to check , but anything we do is make to order,... you can email me privately,..
George
28.gif

Hi Kmom,..
Thank you for the welcome , I trully enjoy this forum,.. Love colored gems,.. and I love your style of presentation Kmom!
30.gif

George

Those really are great!
I think, though, that in my case, I''d better not risk it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP