shape
carat
color
clarity

Will no ajour holes in this band be a problem?

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I bought this band from TRR when it went on sale. It is 2.8mm wide with 0.64 ctw in diamonds set in over 7 gr of 900 platinum. It was $600 including tax/shipping. I’m still in the return period. The potential problem is that it has no ajour holes under the stones. I know this can present cleaning problems with square cut stones set side by side in a channel setting, but wonder if it holds true for round stones as well. Do you think this will be hard to keep clean?IMG_0704.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0709.jpeg
    IMG_0709.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 25
I would think that you could soak it and it would clean up. I would also try to avoid lotions or anything greasy that could get behind the diamonds and gunk them up. Looks great with your other ring!

No reason you couldn't put that in an ultrasonic, and since there are small spaces between the diamonds I bet the dirt would just float out. I'd ESPECIALLY go for it because what a great deal! (And if you need to pay a real jeweler to clean it, or if an ultrasonic loosens a diamond, it's not the end of the world because you're saving so much over buying new...!)

I would think that you could soak it and it would clean up. I would also try to avoid lotions or anything greasy that could get behind the diamonds and gunk them up. Looks great with your other ring!

Thanks for responding. I was hoping it would be ok. I do take my rings off when applying lotion and clean my rings often.

No reason you couldn't put that in an ultrasonic, and since there are small spaces between the diamonds I bet the dirt would just float out. I'd ESPECIALLY go for it because what a great deal! (And if you need to pay a real jeweler to clean it, or if an ultrasonic loosens a diamond, it's not the end of the world because you're saving so much over buying new...!)
The price was a big part of why I snagged it when it went on sale, especially because I may not wear it daily, so price per wear is reasonable. I really do like the way it looks with my 5 stone, so I was hoping it would be ok.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP