shape
carat
color
clarity

(Future) Whitby Jet protects (x2)

i am finally taking my phone into my provider to get it sorted out tomorrow as i will definatly need to show photos after all this

Yay... please do!
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay... please do!
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

its so cold today ....i dont think i want to go out :lol:i have the day off)

im at the point where im about to pack up the jet beads into a bag and put them back in the drawer, unless something spectacular happens with the carnelin, i mean its still going to be $100 for the clasp & knotting from the jeweller
i saw these really pretty spacers last night but they were gold plated brass and i went so far as to google the hardness of brass
1715290984074.png
now i found these
1715291038965.png
1715291091532.png
1715291141993.png
but then they might look great on moss agate !;)2

who cares now days if black and silver was for mourning, darling Borris passed away so i could just get a little cat charm or something

i try to remember how ugly the necklace was when i got it, i cant even remember but the findings were ugly as sin

noisy sigh

its so cold today ....i dont think i want to go out :lol:i have the day off)

im at the point where im about to pack up the jet beads into a bag and put them back in the drawer, unless something spectacular happens with the carnelin, i mean its still going to be $100 for the clasp & knotting from the jeweller
i saw these really pretty spacers last night but they were gold plated brass and i went so far as to google the hardness of brass
1715290984074.png
now i found these
1715291038965.png
1715291091532.png
1715291141993.png
but then they might look great on moss agate !;)2

who cares now days if black and silver was for mourning, darling Borris passed away so i could just get a little cat charm or something

i try to remember how ugly the necklace was when i got it, i cant even remember but the findings were ugly as sin

noisy sigh

Did your kitty make the journey over the rainbow bridge? :(

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did your kitty make the journey over the rainbow bridge? :(
i miss Borris so much
yes, poor Borris our cat whom we brought this house for, Gary wanted fast internet, i wanted a safe yard and street for Borris
i spent Borris with two R's because i cant spell but we also thought she was a boy, so we say that two R's are the girl's way to spell her name
she came with us from Wellington and her and Gary looked after each other that first year when i was boarding in Waikanae waiting for a company transfer that never came, i bussed home on the weekends, it was hell

now i think of all the days i could have spent with dear darling Borris, and also with Gary before he got sick
i miss her lying on me at night, well i miss everything about her
she is burried at the garden at the front door along with Tibby's ashes, Tibby would find that funny -Borris probably not
FLuffy loved Borris, but Fluffy also stressed Borris out but Fluffy misses Borris so much, we wonder when she went missing for 10 days if she was in mourning ?

i honestly do not know how parents survive the death of a child (i would never ask Gary this - his daughter Melanie died of cancer a few years ago) because i still cry for Tibby and also Tinky, Borris was the link who knew everybody, all our cats have been strays who just turn up hungry at the back door (well Tinky was an SPCAkitten)
death sux (i know saddly i dont need to tell you that :cry2:)
Borris wasnt all that old, but she got sick
:cry2:

i have to go find a hanky
anyway Tinky was a ginger, Borris and Fluffy grey and Tibby was Mr Tibby Tabby

i miss Borris so much
yes, poor Borris our cat whom we brought this house for, Gary wanted fast internet, i wanted a safe yard and street for Borris
i spent Borris with two R's because i cant spell but we also thought she was a boy, so we say that two R's are the girl's way to spell her name
she came with us from Wellington and her and Gary looked after each other that first year when i was boarding in Waikanae waiting for a company transfer that never came, i bussed home on the weekends, it was hell

now i think of all the days i could have spent with dear darling Borris, and also with Gary before he got sick
i miss her lying on me at night, well i miss everything about her
she is burried at the garden at the front door along with Tibby's ashes, Tibby would find that funny -Borris probably not
FLuffy loved Borris, but Fluffy also stressed Borris out but Fluffy misses Borris so much, we wonder when she went missing for 10 days if she was in mourning ?

i honestly do not know how parents survive the death of a child (i would never ask Gary this - his daughter Melanie died of cancer a few years ago) because i still cry for Tibby and also Tinky, Borris was the link who knew everybody, all our cats have been strays who just turn up hungry at the back door (well Tinky was an SPCAkitten)
death sux (i know saddly i dont need to tell you that :cry2:)
Borris wasnt all that old, but she got sick
:cry2:

i have to go find a hanky
anyway Tinky was a ginger, Borris and Fluffy grey and Tibby was Mr Tibby Tabby

I remember when dear Tibby passed... oh I'm just so very sorry to hear about your girl, Borris. :cry: It never gets any easier when we lose our furbabies. They are members of the family. My ginger, Mittens (she was double pawed), crossed the rainbow bridge in '09, and I still find myself getting teary-eyed over it. My sympathies to you and Gary, my friend. ❤️

hugs000001.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remember when dear Tibby passed... oh I'm just so very sorry to hear about your girl, Borris. :cry: It never gets any easier when we lose our furbabies. They are members of the family. My ginger, Mittens (she was double pawed), crossed the rainbow bridge in '09, and I still find myself getting teary-eyed over it. My sympathies to you and Gary, my friend. ❤️

hugs000001.gif

thank you dear Autumn

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds
@Autumn in New England
In my opinion, the only thing that helps with the grief, is to realize that we gave our pets the best life. Good food, shelter, a warm bed and lots of love. I just try to remember all the kitty snuggles we shared. His name was Phrixus, and he was my special boy.
It's bittersweet, but I can smile about it now.
((((Hugs to Daisy and Autumn)))))

@Daisys and Diamonds
@Autumn in New England
In my opinion, the only thing that helps with the grief, is to realize that we gave our pets the best life. Good food, shelter, a warm bed and lots of love. I just try to remember all the kitty snuggles we shared. His name was Phrixus, and he was my special boy.

console2.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds
@Autumn in New England

thank you
Phrixus would have had just the best life with you :kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
the disco ball SS spacers look terrible, the latest (Lozinge shaped) carnelian looks dyed, i like the orange way too much, looks like an Air NZ boiled lolly (sweet) and they dont match the pendant
im very close to putting it all back in the drawer ...or
ordering new spacers
but im trying one more idea today
i brought some tiny carved rose beads in adventurine in green and orange

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
nope nope nope
this is definatly not encouraging me to get my phone set up, too ugly
i guess im ordering those spacers
1715739536247.png
1715739562966.png
to highlight these
1715739638154.png
and if its a no at least i will eventually use the spacers
these carnelian at least match the colour of the pendant but they do not pop like these ones
1715739861781.png
but these ones look like this orange
1715739933543.jpeg
which will be fine for the fun pearl necklace

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
these are the little roses i also rejected
al though that's a bit unkind as they were never intended for the Whitby Jet
im not even trying to make a silk purse out of a cow's ear anymore, i dont care if it ends up looking costume jewellery, i just want it to please my eye enough to wear it !

but the little roses - are so cute
1715740053117.png
quite a different colour orange, im going to try them with the new Navajo jet and my cameo .....but they are definatly going on some Wen pearls

Last edited:
these are the little roses i also rejected
al though that's a bit unkind as they were never intended for the Whitby Jet
im not even trying to make a silk purse out of a cow's ear anymore, i dont care if it ends up looking costume jewellery, i just want it to please my eye enough to wear it !

but the little roses - are so cute
1715740053117.png
quite a different colour orange, im going to try them with the new Navajo jet and my cameo .....but they are definatly going on some Wen pearls

I'm partial to orange/peach aventurine, so my opinion is biased! I have this large carved rose pendant (the other one is blue lace agate). :)

Blue lace agate and peach aventurine carved rose pendants.JPG

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm partial to orange/peach aventurine, so my opinion is biased! I have this large carved rose pendant (the other one is blue lace agate). :)

Blue lace agate and peach aventurine carved rose pendants.JPG

oh those are beautiful
it is kind of an apricot peach rather than an orange, i like the colour
how do they carve gemstones ?
ive seen all sorts of pretty and interesting things on etsy

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
well the carnelian is off the table
it was a nice idea but it just doesnt work, or not with this fascated Whitby jet anyway
am now thinking about a silver snake clasp
1715837163499.png

well the carnelian is off the table
it was a nice idea but it just doesnt work, or not with this fascated Whitby jet anyway
am now thinking about a silver snake clasp
1715837163499.png

I'm sort of a serpent motif lover, so this is a big yes from me! Did I ever show you this sterling necklace? It's from Mexico... a statement piece for sure. I wish the eyes were emeralds (or rubies) though. lol

Silver snake necklace.JPG

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sort of a serpent motif lover, so this is a big yes from me! Did I ever show you this sterling necklace? It's from Mexico... a statement piece for sure. I wish the eyes were emeralds (or rubies) though. lol

Silver snake necklace.JPG

he is quite a character !:kiss2:
you know we dont have snakes here, they are illegal, even in zoos,
i was indifferent to them untill i started watching these guys on you tube for their pet alligator Rex (who is a girl),
snakes are really beautiful (not as shoes and bags)
the Victorian's loved them as a sign of never ending love, Queen Victoria had a snake ER
the young Queen was quite a trend setter
1715894687834.png
but HM sure overdid it on the morning and ruined the Jet industry in the long run -and put the present BRF off amathests for how many generations now .....) thats a bit unfair of me, the poor thing probably had depression in a day when the madness of King George wasn't all that long ago
anyway i wish those snake beads didnt have CZ's in them

im now thinking i'll wait till the carelian rose arrives from Singapore, i do tend to make things too busy, but right at this moment im toying with the idea of the snake clasp at the center and the rose at quarter past

1715895270453.png

1715895440796.png
sorry, that screen shot was very glitchy

Attachments

• 1715895333423.png
    1715895333423.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 1
he is quite a character !:kiss2:
you know we dont have snakes here, they are illegal, even in zoos,
i was indifferent to them untill i started watching these guys on you tube for their pet alligator Rex (who is a girl),
snakes are really beautiful (not as shoes and bags)
the Victorian's loved them as a sign of never ending love, Queen Victoria had a snake ER
the young Queen was quite a trend setter
1715894687834.png
but HM sure overdid it on the morning and ruined the Jet industry in the long run -and put the present BRF off amathests for how many generations now .....) thats a bit unfair of me, the poor thing probably had depression in a day when the madness of King George wasn't all that long ago
anyway i wish those snake beads didnt have CZ's in them

im now thinking i'll wait till the carelian rose arrives from Singapore, i do tend to make things too busy, but right at this moment im toying with the idea of the snake clasp at the center and the rose at quarter past

1715895270453.png

1715895440796.png
sorry, that screen shot was very glitchy

Wow... I knew New Zealand (and Australia) was very protective of their native wildlife, but I had no idea you did not have snakes. Interesting! We have a big problem in Florida with pythons. They are NOT native, invasive, and killing many of the area's indigenous creatures. Apparently, they're brought over from Asia by collectors, and then released when they become too much trouble. I imagine this is what you guys are trying to avoid down there.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow... I knew New Zealand (and Australia) was very protective of their native wildlife, but I had no idea you did not have snakes. Interesting! We have a big problem in Florida with pythons. They are NOT native, invasive, and killing many of the area's indigenous creatures. Apparently, they're brought over from Asia by collectors, and then released when they become too much trouble. I imagine this is what you guys are trying to avoid down there.

i have read that those pthytons have encroached onto the alligators habbitat :(2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

oh those are yummy :lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout:
they look very good quality carnelian, :appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:im loving those very natural looking markings, :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:they look beautiful with those rather lovely looking pear:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

im sure the beads i just recieved are dyed -so if i have to buy more pearls i'll be buying cheaper pearls

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
why is nothing simple in this world
1716103611377.png
1716103680719.png
you know they used to keep the electrioal rolls at the post office, im on there with my address, so im really Nicola and not Nicky but anyone should be able to work that out !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results