shape
carat
color
clarity

PEARL PARADISE & TAKAHASHI LIVESTREAM!!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me tooooooo!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been wondering how the pricing will be. Will PP mark it up much, or will we see pricing closer to what Takahashi charges? With their Sea of Cortez show, the pricing was better on the vendor's website. :confused:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wondering how the pricing will be. Will PP mark it up much, or will we see pricing closer to what Takahashi charges? With their Sea of Cortez show, the pricing was better on the vendor's website. :confused:

Yup, pricing will almost certainly be higher than from T directly. With the SoC live, they said part of the appeal is buying from a US vendor directly vs international and return issues, etc.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We need to have a group text during the live to yay or nay the pieces and prices!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these livestreams! This one will be at midnight our time, sadly, so not sure if I’ll watch. I know this is counter to the mode of selling but I wish they would give us more of a preview of what’s going to be sold. As an overseas buyer it sometimes requires a bit of thinking time and you just don’t get that.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
I'll be missing the Saturday night one because (unfortunately?) I am watching a Broadway show at the same time. Would it be bad to have it streaming on my phone while I'm in the theater? :lol-2:

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
Yup, pricing will almost certainly be higher than from T directly. With the SoC live, they said part of the appeal is buying from a US vendor directly vs international and return issues, etc.

That is helpful to know. I would eventually like to get some nice pearl pieces, but I don’t even know the ballpark prices of things. So being able to watch the livestream and think, Oh, I can get that for a little bit less direct, would be helpful.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Torturing myself by watching some of the Livestream during the intermission of the Broadway show I'm at :cry: Need to watch the replay later when I am home, and hoping there is still something left for the Wednesday stream!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
you can't say that and not tell us what you got!

Edit: Does anyone who has purchased from Takahashi directly have a sense of how the PP pricing compared?

Fessing up - I bought a pair of Natural White Gem 8-8.5
also bought one of the 3 Gem Strands Natural White 7.5 - 8.mm
Have no clue what I'm going to do with them :). Will start looking for a clasp for the strand. And I think I want a drop or dangle setting for the pair.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Fessing up - I bought a pair of Natural White Gem 8-8.5
also bought one of the 3 Gem Strands Natural White 7.5 - 8.mm
Have no clue what I'm going to do with them :). Will start looking for a clasp for the strand. And I think I want a drop or dangle setting for the pair.

at first I misread that as you getting 3 strands of the 7.5-8mm and was thinking WOW, what a pearl rope that would be! But one earring pair and one strand is going to be so so lovely, congratulations!

Reactions: Ann

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
you can't say that and not tell us what you got!

Edit: Does anyone who has purchased from Takahashi directly have a sense of how the PP pricing compared?

Hisano said at the outset that there was no markup from Takahashi's retail prices.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ugh. That Tennyo strand! :kiss2:

I spent a lot at Takahashi in 2022. The prices at this show were very reasonable! I compared my receipts to the show prices and was pleasantly surprised! I did buy a few things today. Oops.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
I'm watching the video now -- amazing that people have this opportunity to buy from Takahashi with a short return period and at the original price! I can't wait to see what everyone got :)

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh. That Tennyo strand! :kiss2:

I spent a lot at Takahashi in 2022. The prices at this show were very reasonable! I compared my receipts to the show prices and was pleasantly surprised! I did buy a few things today. Oops.

And ...... what did you buy? I was very tempted to buy one of the larger single pearls. But I did enough damage earlier.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I missed what the live stream is going to feature tomorrow? I really better not watch, haha!!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
I missed what the live stream is going to feature tomorrow? I really better not watch, haha!!

Akoya keshi

Reactions: Ann

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Ann I bought a pair of the gem blue akoyas and a gem loose round. I also messaged Takahashi to see if they have a certain pearl from an old post so it can be added to my goodies.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I watched a bit of it . I found it hard to actually see the pearl lustre - they did say that most were AAA and from what I could see I'd agree with that...But most pairs were sold before they did a close up. I think Hisano said the white strands were a mix of Gem and AAA ? It's interesting but I think they need to refine the photography so that there is a close up before they start the sale. I don't see how some were buying from a distance shot. Of course I was on my phone maybe it was better on a Pad or PC .

I think the advantage is that you had a two day return through PP . That's pretty crucial if you're going to drop 10k on the grey pearl necklace without a Madama certificate.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I watched a bit of it . I found it hard to actually see the pearl lustre - they did say that most were AAA and from what I could see I'd agree with that...But most pairs were sold before they did a close up. I think Hisano said the white strands were a mix of Gem and AAA ? It's interesting but I think they need to refine the photography so that there is a close up before they start the sale. I don't see how some were buying from a distance shot. Of course I was on my phone maybe it was better on a Pad or PC .

I think the advantage is that you had a two day return through PP . That's pretty crucial if you're going to drop 10k on the grey pearl necklace without a Madama certificate.

I agree. I hesitated buying the Nat. White strand and I waited til they took them off the screen. I will return if they don't live up to what I want. But to me, the prices were good. I bought an Akoya Baroque strand from Tak last year and paid around $2500. US. (I think). If I will just stop buying the lesser price goodies, I can get that major Akoya strand I really want, haha.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock

It seems like you're relying on their eyes and description because of the video quality. The video only shows the overtones and somewhat of a 'real life' look. But being able to return makes a big difference!

I was being circumspect, I bought right at the very end knowing that I would be able to return. But I was rewatching everything to make sure I felt good about it! I got an 8-8.5mm pinked gem pair and a 7-7.5mm pinked bracelet that supposedly match each other well, "a match made in heaven" according to Hisano on the stream. I figure for the price and as a newbie, having multiple sets of experienced eyes on them is pretty good!

My only other pearls are a natural white pair of AAA 7.5-8mm from Moline and an unknown 6.5-7mm strand with good luster but darker body color and some blemishes/imperfect matching. I have never tried on a pinked set so this will be a first! I'm debating bracelet vs tin cup necklace if I love them in-person. My Moline earrings are drops so these could be studs but my earlobes are tiny so I'm not sure that's the best move.... I could always do a switcheroo and make these new ones into the drops since they're bigger. And I could string a bracelet myself but would need to pay someone to have a tin cup necklace made. Thinking, thinking.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did someone buy either of these??? I hope so!

I re watched and am still tempted to put myself on the waitlist for that super gem, but need to keep my $$ for my continuing search for an overblue diamond. Ugh.

Screenshot_20240427_224223_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20240427_224450_Facebook.jpg

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs I bought TK-27, so you can relax and keep saving for that blue diamond!

Those little snowman pearls were tempting, weren't they?

eta: The one pearl I'm unsure of is this one, because it was blurry. I saw some pink in it and decided to give it a try:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 6.47.51 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 6.47.51 PM.png
    565.1 KB · Views: 3

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
@lovedogs I bought TK-27, so you can relax and keep saving for that blue diamond!

Those little snowman pearls were tempting, weren't they?

eta: The one pearl I'm unsure of is this one, because it was blurry. I saw some pink in it and decided to give it a try:

So happy for you for TK-27! Do you have any idea what you're going to do with it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results