shape
carat
color
clarity

PEARL PARADISE & TAKAHASHI LIVESTREAM!!!!

lovelygemgem

Rough_Rock
No, they gave me the pricing over instagram before I visited or told them I was buying multiple pieces.

In person, I did do some light negotiation and if I recall managed to get like 5% off. I’m pretty sure I only got that because of buying over 12k of items and doing it in person at their office. They even told me they don’t do discounts on Instagram sales, so I don’t think people will have a lot of luck remotely.

thanks! that's good to know :)

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
It was too rich for my blood, but I enjoyed looking at the pretties. That button pearl with basically one color with depth on the top and another color on the bottom was something else!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was too rich for my blood, but I enjoyed looking at the pretties. That button pearl with basically one color with depth on the top and another color on the bottom was something else!

Ooo I think I missed that one!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I’m a repeat buyer and only once asked for a discount somewhat cheekily since I was debating between one or two of the baroque akoyas that i was admiring and just needed a reason to get two. Mr Kan offered me a 5% discount which wasn’t hugely significant since it wasn’t a huge purchase, I think it was more him humoring me as a repeat patron haha. Also he knows I’m Chinese and I can’t help asking, it’s the way my mom raised me!

But yeah all to say I don’t think discounts or haggling are a thing with them as wholesalers. Though I will say I think they reach out to some of their repeat clients if they get something in stock they think that client would like. I likely wouldn’t have nabbed my supearl if they hadn’t alerted me that they had one since I don’t check instagram super often.

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
Haha I’m a repeat buyer and only once asked for a discount somewhat cheekily since I was debating between one or two of the baroque akoyas that i was admiring and just needed a reason to get two. Mr Kan offered me a 5% discount which wasn’t hugely significant since it wasn’t a huge purchase, I think it was more him humoring me as a repeat patron haha. Also he knows I’m Chinese and I can’t help asking, it’s the way my mom raised me!

But yeah all to say I don’t think discounts or haggling are a thing with them as wholesalers. Though I will say I think they reach out to some of their repeat clients if they get something in stock they think that client would like. I likely wouldn’t have nabbed my supearl if they hadn’t alerted me that they had one since I don’t check instagram super often.

Kan deals with Chinese clients a lot so he is used to having that light haggling. My wife is Chinese and you should have seen him chuckle when she started negotiating in Kobe with him — he knew it was coming!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
I just got my order! 7-7.5mm gem luster with light kizu bracelet and 8-8.5mm gem studs. Here are some photos alone and next to my Moline AAA 7.5-8mm natural white pair and 6.5-7mm strand from a B&M store. Now I need to choose a bracelet clasp and decide what to do with the earring pair. I have tiny earlobes so am not convinced that studs are the right call. The Moline pair are set on jump rings to dangle from huggies. I think I like the Takahashi color better on me. They said these had silver overtones on the livestream if I recall correctly.

I'm lucky my wrist is small, I would need to get a big clasp or have big knots otherwise.

1715969812249.png
1715969840122.png
1715969877795.png
1715969925479.png
1715969979546.png
1715970423475.png

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
I just got my order! 7-7.5mm gem luster with light kizu bracelet and 8-8.5mm gem studs. Here are some photos alone and next to my Moline AAA 7.5-8mm natural white pair and 6.5-7mm strand from a B&M store. Now I need to choose a bracelet clasp and decide what to do with the earring pair. I have tiny earlobes so am not convinced that studs are the right call. The Moline pair are set on jump rings to dangle from huggies. I think I like the Takahashi color better on me. They said these had silver overtones on the livestream if I recall correctly.

I'm lucky my wrist is small, I would need to get a big clasp or have big knots otherwise.

1715969812249.png
1715969840122.png
1715969877795.png
1715969925479.png
1715969979546.png
1715970423475.png

Beautiful!!!

Personally I like the Takahashi pieces more than the other two. Better luster, etc.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!!

Personally I like the Takahashi pieces more than the other two. Better luster, etc.

Well the other two were definitely cheaper! :lol: You get what you pay for, right? It's Moline's AAA vs Takahashi's gem for the studs, too.

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
Well the other two were definitely cheaper! :lol: You get what you pay for, right? It's Moline's AAA vs Takahashi's gem for the studs, too.

Yea, I was surprised to see the gem studs beat the AAA moline that clearly on luster, especially since they are a bigger size. The general rule of thumb is same luster on a larger pearl means the larger pearl is higher quality.

My guess is one reason for the luster difference is because the AAA moline is a natural white? NW is rarer and it is hard to find NW pearls that match the luster of non-NW without going even higher the quality spectrum. I love the whiteness of NW on my wife’s skin tone though!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Yea, I was surprised to see the gem studs beat the AAA moline that clearly on luster, especially since they are a bigger size. The general rule of thumb is same luster on a larger pearl means the larger pearl is higher quality.

My guess is one reason for the luster difference is because the AAA moline is a natural white? NW is rarer and it is hard to find NW pearls that match the luster of non-NW without going even higher the quality spectrum. I love the whiteness of NW on my wife’s skin tone though!

I tried to take some photos side by side of the pair after giving everything a quick wash -- but it's so hard! This is the best I could do. Again, this is Moline AAA 7.5-8mm NW vs Takahashi Gem 8-8.5mm with standard treatment.

1715980000580.png

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow the Takahashi take the cake. Makes me wish I wore earrings.

If you’re not convinced by studs, there’s lots of enhancer/drop designs out there! Added benefit that some of those type of designs allow for them to be worn as pendant charms too

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
I was looking through pearl earring settings and like both of these, though I recognize they're very different from each other!

1716001406176.png

1716001917451.png
I already have a pair of cluster diamond and Paraiba studs so could make drops/enhancers to hang from them maybe...I don't own other studs in white metals.
1716002273613.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results