shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@lulu_ma. Wow, that necklace. I heard that their prices are wild for antiques. I'm assuming jewelry is the same.

@RRfromR Oh-what's $248K or $1.25 mill :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

lala646

Brilliant_Rock

@RRfromR Oh-what's $248K or $1.25 mill :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

Holy heck! :eek2: Welp, I know what I'm doing once I (start playing and eventually) win the lottery!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I’ve been hunting eBay I guess I’ve usually been looking for things priced barely above scrap value! Mostly because I’ve been looking for old cut diamonds not completed pieces. I’ve been more of a rock hound for most of my PS life, not so much a jewelry connoisseur. But more recently I’ve been thinking more about collecting completed pieces. The cost and stress of custom mounting is pretty high. Many of these truly elegant settings you can find on antique pieces would cost 3-5K or more to replicate, or much much more.

I wish there were antique shows near me. Such a dream to wander and enjoy.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I’ve been hunting eBay I guess I’ve usually been looking for things priced barely above scrap value! Mostly because I’ve been looking for old cut diamonds not completed pieces. I’ve been more of a rock hound for most of my PS life, not so much a jewelry connoisseur. But more recently I’ve been thinking more about collecting completed pieces. The cost and stress of custom mounting is pretty high. Many of these truly elegant settings you can find on antique pieces would cost 3-5K or more to replicate, or much much more.

I wish there were antique shows near me. Such a dream to wander and enjoy.
Yeah I got my "start" on PS with colored gems (which I still love), and mostly bought them loose and set myself. But I'm starting to really love the artistry and charm of antique pieces, especially for things like pins cause who is going to make me a pin?! I imagine it'd be pricey to pay for that level of workmanship now for an item that isn't particularly popular lol.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Has this been posted yet? $2080 for a ~0.85ct 5.99 x 5.90mm OEC center stone ring that looks well-cut and white in the photos to my untrained eyes. Appraisal claims G-H, VS2. 900 platinum, size 7.75, 1.06 est carat weight. Apparently 2 of the melee stones are chipped and 1 is cracked. While we're all learning about pricing and antiques, what do the knowledgeable people here think?

1713984539144.png

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Has this been posted yet? $2080 for a ~0.85ct 5.99 x 5.90mm OEC center stone ring that looks well-cut and white in the photos to my untrained eyes. Appraisal claims G-H, VS2. 900 platinum, size 7.75, 1.06 est carat weight. Apparently 2 of the melee stones are chipped and 1 is cracked. While we're all learning about pricing and antiques, what do the knowledgeable people here think?

1713984539144.png

I've had that one on my watch list for a while. I think it's a decent price. Not screaming, not terrible. I think their appraiser is pretty accurate, based on a stone I got from them and had GIA graded. That is in the ballpark of what you would pay for a similar graded loose stone from Ivy & Rose, so it's like you're getting the setting for free. But if you need it size, and want to replace those damaged melee, or have the main stone graded, that will add on a bit.

Last edited:

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
I've had that one on my watch list for a while. I think it's a decent price. Not screaming, not terrible. I think their appraiser is pretty accurate, based on a stone I got from them and had GIA graded. That is in the ballpark of what you would pay for a similar graded stone from Ivy & Rose, so it's like you're getting the setting for free. But if you need it size, and want to replace those damaged melee, or have the main stone graded, that will add on a bit.

Thank you for weighing in! That's very helpful :)

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I believe this is a Lohengrin band, based on the faint mark visible in the picture. 18k, size 7.75. Nice price.
1713990540781.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm on a weird floral/sculptural ring kick right now.

I kind of want to buy one and replace the center with something bettrr cut.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
I believe this is a Lohengrin band, based on the faint mark visible in the picture. 18k, size 7.75. Nice price.
1713990540781.png

Another Lohengrin band in size 7.75 for $295 at TRR:

1714066228929.png

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a true monstrosity. But 5K for two 1.15ct diamonds seems half decent. Subtract scrap and watch long enough that you make an offer. Cuts looks good though very tinted.

IMG_2402.jpeg

IMG_2401.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
This is a true monstrosity. But 5K for two 1.15ct diamonds seems half decent. Subtract scrap and watch long enough that you make an offer. Cuts looks good though very tinted.

IMG_2402.jpeg

IMG_2401.jpeg

That ring is hilarious! Who would design that lol. But yes nice for parts!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lala646

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_2402.jpeg

IMG_2401.jpeg

They're running a little sale right now, and it's marked down to US$4,600.

Is one of them a cushion? Or are the exceedingly weird prongs playing a trick on my eyes?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
They're running a little sale right now, and it's marked down to US$4,600.

Is one of them a cushion? Or are the exceedingly weird prongs playing a trick on my eyes?

I think they are both round? Given the facet patterning, which is later OEC, I would expect them to be round.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results