Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Any Suzanne Kalan fans? Size 5.25 sapphire half eternity for $812.50 in "excellent" condition, retail is $2800. The stones don't look great in the photo but I expect they're better in person based on the other Suzanne Kalan pieces I've seen. It's in the Manhasset store too if anyone wants to take a look. For those who care, their website says: "All of our sapphires are 100% natural, sourced directly from the earth, and are never treated or heated in any way."

1714184192338.png
More photos available on the designer website: https://suzannekalan.com/products/frenzy-rainbow-sapphire-half-band
1714184545476.png

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
@newtojewels Love her stuff. I've seen that some of TRR pictures have really vibrant, gorgeous sapphires and some don't. I wonder if anyone else can weigh in on if there are inconsistencies within the brand.

For all inquiring, this is/was the holy grail. A necklace very similar to this one worn by Kate at the Olympics in 2012. I've always thought it was the perfect long necklace. She wore it again in NYC in 2014.
1714206014766.png

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
This is *baffling* to me. Why is this listed as a men's pinky ring? It's a size 7!! Looks like there could be some windowing on the sapphire, but it's very large, blue and natural. Good value for the size IMO.

1714206289086.png

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
@newtojewels Love her stuff. I've seen that some of TRR pictures have really vibrant, gorgeous sapphires and some don't. I wonder if anyone else can weigh in on if there are inconsistencies within the brand.

For all inquiring, this is/was the holy grail. A necklace very similar to this one worn by Kate at the Olympics in 2012. I've always thought it was the perfect long necklace. She wore it again in NYC in 2014.
1714206014766.png

First, stunning necklace! I can see why it's a holy grail.

Second, in case you don't already know this, she has different colorways in stones including two different sapphire rainbows in 18k and another one with semiprecious stones in 14k. I haven't seen a ton of pieces in person and maybe Neimans only selects the best ones or something, but every item in the sapphire "rainbow" collection I saw there had the same vibrancy as every other item in the "rainbow" collection. Same with the "pastel rainbow", "dark blue", "light blue", etc. The ring I linked is clearly a "rainbow" but of course no responsibility if I'm wrong on it looking like the other vibrant rainbows! The one on TRR is final sale, unfortunately, and nowhere close to my size or I would have considered risking it.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Would this description make you more or less likely to buy this ring? The seller sounds very motivated, anyway. Criss cuts, if anyone's looking for that.

"This lovely ring has a complex combination of curses layered on it. The primary curse is a Binder that prevents the wearer from leaving the relationship or situation even if they desperately want to. In addition to the binding curse, it also has a financial losses curse layered on it, which causes the wearer to lose money even in situations which should be easily profitable. Finally, it has a joy block, which means it creates a shield around the wearer, preventing them from experiencing happiness even in the most euphoric situations.

This ring will berate the wearer and criticize every aspect of their life. Nothing will ever be enough for this ring. It is haunted by the ghost of a dissatisfied mother who took great pleasure in destroying her children’s relationships, and keeping them in her control through emotional and financial blackmail.

The perfect gift for a frenemy or if you want to punish someone close to you but don’t want them to be able to leave you.
The ring has requested a new owner and instructed us to sell it ASAP"

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Would this description make you more or less likely to buy this ring? The seller sounds very motivated, anyway. Criss cuts, if anyone's looking for that.

"This lovely ring has a complex combination of curses layered on it. The primary curse is a Binder that prevents the wearer from leaving the relationship or situation even if they desperately want to. In addition to the binding curse, it also has a financial losses curse layered on it, which causes the wearer to lose money even in situations which should be easily profitable. Finally, it has a joy block, which means it creates a shield around the wearer, preventing them from experiencing happiness even in the most euphoric situations.

This ring will berate the wearer and criticize every aspect of their life. Nothing will ever be enough for this ring. It is haunted by the ghost of a dissatisfied mother who took great pleasure in destroying her children’s relationships, and keeping them in her control through emotional and financial blackmail.

The perfect gift for a frenemy or if you want to punish someone close to you but don’t want them to be able to leave you.

Heck no! That belongs to the bottom of a deep lake or a volcano... I think a volcano would do.:lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
I’ve never wanted to buy a piece of jewelry for someone in my life!

….. side note, my emojis still don’t work, ugh

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’ve never wanted to buy a piece of jewelry for someone in my life!

….. side note, my emojis still don’t work, ugh

I don’t think phone emojis ever work on Ps. You have to select from the menu.

sbliss6

Rough_Rock

Nooooooooope

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know whether to laugh or cry reading that description. As far as buying the ring, although I'm not superstitious, it would make me nervous. I wonder if the seller got it from her mother?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I feel like the seller is just being silly and maybe wanting to garner interest with that description?

Could be a bit of both. I bet the ring belonged to their mother, they had a difficult relationship with her, they really want it out of their life, AND they hope the description will cause the listing be shown around and discussed. Which, I guess I fell for that. I do like the scissors cuts, though.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t know much about pearls or the value of these types of rings, but I love the looks and proportions of this ring and the price seems good. Size 8.25!

1714247582314.png

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Dip your toe in by buying this “lightly cursed” ring:lol-2:

Tinytreasurers

Rough_Rock
Hey! So pretty new here, hoping this is okay to ask here. My local jeweler is awesome and knows I'm into Old euro cuts. I brought a piece into her appraised today and she showed me the following diamond. This photo is under 10x magnifying lens, plus has a good bit of dust on it (all the tiny white flecks).

She graded it (she's a certified Gia gemologist for what it's worth) at 1.57 carats, h color (but faces up very white), no fluorescents, and s12, not because of inclusions, but because the stone has some abrasions on the facets under magnification. She offered it at $5700, thoughts? I am looking to upgrade my engagement ring which is a 1/2 carat aaa ruby.

Attachments

• image_1.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 48

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey! So pretty new here, hoping this is okay to ask here. My local jeweler is awesome and knows I'm into Old euro cuts. I brought a piece into her appraised today and she showed me the following diamond. This photo is under 10x magnifying lens, plus has a good bit of dust on it (all the tiny white flecks).

She graded it (she's a certified Gia gemologist for what it's worth) at 1.57 carats, h color (but faces up very white), no fluorescents, and s12, not because of inclusions, but because the stone has some abrasions on the facets under magnification. She offered it at $5700, thoughts? I am looking to upgrade my engagement ring which is a 1/2 carat aaa ruby.

Snap that puppy up! It’s a gorgeous American cut.

Tinytreasurers

Rough_Rock
Snap that puppy up! It’s a gorgeous American cut.
Thanks for the quick feedback! Can you tell me more about American cuts? While I'm not super new to jewelry, this is a new phrase to me. Always learning something new!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Can you get use a pic of the bottom of the stone? I just wonder if it's really an H color. Color will determine if it's a deal or not.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results