shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty 0.25ct diamond in a unique setting. I can't tell if its original or someone added the buttercup head. 22k gold and engraved with initials. Size 5.5.

1714610849920.png

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So just an example of how bad the RR photos are, I expected this ring to be dull and dirty, but it really isn't. A bit banged up, but that's fine. I had thought I'd have DK add engraving as @Mreader mentioned, but now I'm not sure I will. I kind of like using it the way it is as a stacker.
IMG_7306.JPG

Love that you shared pictures!! Like I said I have the two toned one and one thing I love about it besides the shape is the heft. And yes it looks much shinier than in the photos!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
@Lookinagain BEAUTIFUL!! You'd never know how gorgeous it would turn out from the original photos!

@lovedogs - I've been watching #4 and it has been bought and returned before---that doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with it, just wanted to note for anyone on the fence.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Gosh someone please buy this! 22k gold, size 7, very old with lovely engraving.

1714606851959.png

I'm trying to understand the hallmarks on this and am failing. I would have thought the year should be after the assay office and I can't seem to find what the shield means. This is my first time looking at hallmarks, though, so I'm really going in blind. Is anyone who knows anything willing to help?

Edit: wait, is the shield-ish thing actually the lion for the London office?

Edit again: if so, does that T seem to be the 1954 T?

1714660533747.png

Last edit, haha! This Etsy shop sold a 22k ring from 1954 with what appear to be the same hallmarks so I think I've done it!

1714660635809.png

Last edited:

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I'm trying to understand the hallmarks on this and am failing. I would have thought the year should be after the assay office and I can't seem to find what the shield means. This is my first time looking at hallmarks, though, so I'm really going in blind. Is anyone who knows anything willing to help?

Edit: wait, is the shield-ish thing actually the lion for the London office?

Edit again: if so, does that T seem to be the 1954 T?

1714660533747.png

I can help with the maker of the ring :)
W.W.Ld. for William Wilkinson Ltd,

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is Marchesa TRR’s house brand or are pieces sold elsewhere?

Marchesa sells jewelry as a stand alone brand

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
@jgny I think it is a liquidation client. The Devon tiktok channel follows TRR's quarterly reports and they do offer that for some brands, but they're moving out of it because it's less profitable. I've noticed they carry a lot of Badgley Mischka lab grown jewelry as well. Multiples of the same item, same pricing, etc. and Daniela Designs. Too many for a regular person to be consigning them. They also don't go on markdown as much as consigned items, I've found.

Are those flexible style rings more comfortable? I've never tried one of them on.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I always wondered why there are SO MANY Marchesa pieces. Either they have a lot of LA clients who are getting rid of them or maybe Marchesa uses TRR as a liquidation channel.

This is exactly my thought. Seems like there are A LOT of Marchesa pieces on TRR. I’m aware that it’s a fashion house. I just wonder if someone licensed the name to market jewelry (a la Vera Wang).

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock

Sachsensox

Rough_Rock

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

jgny

Shiny_Rock
I finally had my first time of seeing an Instagram seller reselling something from TRR that I had been watching. It was $584.50 on TRR and is listed for $1295 on Instagram. I was curious what the markup was and now I have some clue. I thought others here might be interested as well.

1714697263264.png
1714697458360.png

This is so interesting! I follow that seller and I do like some of the pieces she posts (usually the big honking rocks I can’t afford). I did wonder how she sourced some of her smaller pieces though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results