shape
carat
color
clarity

9-11 Never Forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord
Bless and comfort the families affected by the September 11th attacks.
Keep them safe and hold them in your loving arms.
Let them know that we are thinking of them this day.

Lord I ask your protection for those fighting terrorism all over the world.
Guard them and protect them and keep them safe.

Lord please bless America and keep her safe.

In Jesus’ name
Amen!

Huge ****hugs**** to my Pricescope friends and family!
May you find comfort on this day that we will never forget.
Take the time to hold your family close.
Take the time to help someone.
Take the time to feel sorrow.
Take the time to thank the hero in your life.

but most of all....
Never Forget!!!!

I sit here with tears running down my face.
Even after all these years the pain of that day still goes deep.

Lord
Bless and comfort the families affected by the September 11th attacks.
Keep them safe and hold them in your loving arms.
Let them know that we are thinking of them this day.

Lord I ask your protection for those fighting terrorism all over the world.
Guard them and protect them and keep them safe.

Lord please bless America and keep her safe.

In Jesus’ name
Amen!

Thank you @Karl_K - beautiful prayer. God Bless America, Land that I love!!!

The day the whole world cried with you and for you
From the otherside of the planet the scariest day of my life - i can not begin to imange the horror of living through it for brave New Yorkers - the most resilient people anywhere
We have a firefighters memorial in Christchurch with steel gurders from the twin towers and a memorial stair climb for firefighters at the Auckland sky towers held every year on 9 11

America is our brother 11722572994_4b5743ce0f_b.jpg0e32adef-51c1-4860-8bde-dccbc8e7b17d_d-1.jpg

Springsteen down in the hole audio

I will never forget that horrific day.

It started out as a sunny and beautiful and just the right temp that September morning. I remember thinking what a gorgeous day. I was walking up the subway stairs and people were staring up at the sky. A huge crowd had gathered right at the subway stairs exit outside. I remember saying excuse me please, excuse me please, because I was late to work. I didn't look up and I couldn't spare a moment to see what the brouhaha was about. We were 2 blocks from the towers. You could see the towers right at the subway stairs as you looked up. I however was just looking straight ahead focused on getting to my destination ASAP as I had patients waiting for me.

Once I managed to leave the subway exit I ran down the block to work where there was a lot of commotion. I said what is happening and I was told they weren't sure. A plane accident. A plane had hit the towers. A few minutes later the whole building shook. It was like an earthquake. All of a sudden the floor was thrown into chaos. The staff and the doctors all not sure what to do. The supervisors made an announcement saying we had to evacuate. Immediately. I went to the office and picked up the phone to call Greg and my mom. I did not have a mobile phone at that time.

Everyone was leaving and my friend Tamara came in and said Missy come with me to my apartment (she lived on the UWS at that time) and she said you cannot go to Brooklyn as it is in the direction of the attack. At that time we were surmising it was a terrorist attack. One plane hitting the building could be an accident. But two? No. Had to be terrorists. But I said Tamara, thank you but no, I have to call Greg and my mom first. And I want to go back to my apartment. My cats were there alone. She was insistent but I was more stubborn. She left. I called my mom who said to me I'm on another call, can I call you back. She had no clue what was happening. I said no I am evacuating and will call you when I get to my apartment. Turn on the news. I called Greg. He said he had to stay at the office. I said OK please be careful and I left the building.

I caught the last subway to Brooklyn before they stopped all the trains. It was eery. No one else was on the train but me. Surreal. I got home at 9:35AM or so and was anxious and restless, I called Greg. I called my mom to let them know I was safe and home. I couldn't sit still so I went out to the local grocery shop. Where the TV was on and I saw the towers collapse. Around 10:30 AM I think. I collapsed into tears.

I will never forget. The loss of life that day. The loss of innocence. Mothers and fathers who died leaving their children without their moms and dads. Children dying. Leaving their parents with inconsolable grief. Husbands dying leaving their young wives without a goodbye. Wives dying leaving widowers. And loss of love and life. The heartache that will never leave those who lost loved ones.

The scars of that day have healed somewhat but they will never fully heal. The children that will never be born because of the parents to be that never had a chance to have children because they died that day. And so on and so forth. Because that is how it works. Not just the loss of life that day but the loss of future generations never to be born. The loss of people who died from 9/11 related illnesses. Leaving their families devastated. So much loss and devastation. For what? For hate without reason. No one will ever convince me otherwise. Hate is the poison that will destroy our world. Sooner vs later if we keep going the way we are going.

:(

9:11memorial.jpeg

9:11memorial.jpg

Oh @missy

6928426838_de064346c8_b.jpg
Im.so greatful that you and my other NY / NJ freinds escaped death that day
Gary and I often think of those 3000 souls who died that day
We used the radio as our alarm and Gary reached over to turn on the tv.in my half asleep state i thought it was a funny time of day to be screening a die hard type movie.
I think the first tower had already collapsed and then we saw the 2nd one fall. Gary was worried about the long term effects of all that dust. Them we saw replayed footage of people jumping out windows amd we started thinking about all those people - just ordinary people at work
I would hate to die at work
I didn't want to get out of bed to go to work, i just wanted to stay home with Gary . I had never given NYC much thought before. But i remember looking into their scared dusty faces and realized they were just like us
It was spring and when i got off the train in town the sky looked so similar so blue. It was so quiet - no one was talking. The streets seemed half empty.
At work we watched the telly all day, then we were just all scared about what might happen next

Oh @missy

6928426838_de064346c8_b.jpg
Im.so greatful that you and my other NY / NJ freinds escaped death that day
Gary and I often think of those 3000 souls who died that day
We used the radio as our alarm and Gary reached over to turn on the tv.in my half asleep state i thought it was a funny time of day to be screening a die hard type movie.
I think the first tower had already collapsed and then we saw the 2nd one fall. Gary was worried about the long term effects of all that dust. Them we saw replayed footage of people jumping out windows amd we started thinking about all those people - just ordinary people at work
I would hate to die at work
I didn't want to get out of bed to go to work, i just wanted to stay home with Gary . I had never given NYC much thought before. But i remember looking into their scared dusty faces and realized they were just like us
It was spring and when i got off the train in town the sky looked so similar so blue. It was so quiet - no one was talking. The streets seemed half empty.
At work we watched the telly all day, then we were just all scared about what might happen next

So true Daisy. We are all of flesh and blood. If we get cut we bleed. We all have hopes and dreams. Hopes and dreams that were cut far too short that day. Hopes and dreams that will never be realized. Because of hate with such a passionate fervor that it knows no bounds. There is true evil in this world and that day proves it. Not that we needed proof because there are lots of examples of pure evil. 9/11 is but one example. One devastating heartbreaking horrific example. :(

So true Daisy. We are all of flesh and blood. If we get cut we bleed. We all have hopes and dreams. Hopes and dreams that were cut far too short that day. Hopes and dreams that will never be realized. Because of hate with such a passionate fervor that it knows no bounds. There is true evil in this world and that day proves it. Not that we needed proof because there are lots of examples of pure evil. 9/11 is but one example. One devastating heartbreaking horrific example. :(

Just regular people at work, going about their bussiness, from all walks of life, from all over the world too, whole companies of people just gone
All those fireman - Bruce talks about all the fire stations having having funerals
The fire service here took up collections for their American pears

And then for the longest time some people had nothing to bury

But there was so much love for America and her people out here in the world in the aftermarth, i hope you could feel it

I will never forget that horrific day.

It started out as a sunny and beautiful and just the right temp that September morning. I remember thinking what a gorgeous day. I was walking up the subway stairs and people were staring up at the sky. A huge crowd had gathered right at the subway stairs exit outside. I remember saying excuse me please, excuse me please, because I was late to work. I didn't look up and I couldn't spare a moment to see what the brouhaha was about. We were 2 blocks from the towers. You could see the towers right at the subway stairs as you looked up. I however was just looking straight ahead focused on getting to my destination ASAP as I had patients waiting for me.

Once I managed to leave the subway exit I ran down the block to work where there was a lot of commotion. I said what is happening and I was told they weren't sure. A plane accident. A plane had hit the towers. A few minutes later the whole building shook. It was like an earthquake. All of a sudden the floor was thrown into chaos. The staff and the doctors all not sure what to do. The supervisors made an announcement saying we had to evacuate. Immediately. I went to the office and picked up the phone to call Greg and my mom. I did not have a mobile phone at that time.

Everyone was leaving and my friend Tamara came in and said Missy come with me to my apartment (she lived on the UWS at that time) and she said you cannot go to Brooklyn as it is in the direction of the attack. At that time we were surmising it was a terrorist attack. One plane hitting the building could be an accident. But two? No. Had to be terrorists. But I said Tamara, thank you but no, I have to call Greg and my mom first. And I want to go back to my apartment. My cats were there alone. She was insistent but I was more stubborn. She left. I called my mom who said to me I'm on another call, can I call you back. She had no clue what was happening. I said no I am evacuating and will call you when I get to my apartment. Turn on the news. I called Greg. He said he had to stay at the office. I said OK please be careful and I left the building.

I caught the last subway to Brooklyn before they stopped all the trains. It was eery. No one else was on the train but me. Surreal. I got home at 9:35AM or so and was anxious and restless, I called Greg. I called my mom to let them know I was safe and home. I couldn't sit still so I went out to the local grocery shop. Where the TV was on and I saw the towers collapse. Around 10:30 AM I think. I collapsed into tears.

I will never forget. The loss of life that day. The loss of innocence. Mothers and fathers who died leaving their children without their moms and dads. Children dying. Leaving their parents with inconsolable grief. Husbands dying leaving their young wives without a goodbye. Wives dying leaving widowers. And loss of love and life. The heartache that will never leave those who lost loved ones.

The scars of that day have healed somewhat but they will never fully heal. The children that will never be born because of the parents to be that never had a chance to have children because they died that day. And so on and so forth. Because that is how it works. Not just the loss of life that day but the loss of future generations never to be born. The loss of people who died from 9/11 related illnesses. Leaving their families devastated. So much loss and devastation. For what? For hate without reason. No one will ever convince me otherwise. Hate is the poison that will destroy our world. Sooner vs later if we keep going the way we are going.

@missy,

I read Karl's thread every year and I often wake up on September 11th thinking of it and remembering that I have to get on-line early to see if he has already posted it. (He usually gets it up very early.)

I read it thoroughly every year, but I did not remember all the detail of your story. I do not know if you ever posted it before. That you were so close to the towers when they were hit and that you actually made it back to Brooklyn after they were hit (a miracle!) escaped me until now. I also never took in that you were on a subway alone. I am glad you got to your cats. Some people couldn't get to Manhattan from places (like Brooklyn and Connecticut, where we were) that required crossing bridges for days once they were shut down.

Big hugs,
Deb

My husband's office was very close to the Twin Towers at that point, but by a complete fluke on 9/11 he was at an overnight "retreat" sponsored by his bank in rural Massachusetts. He was supposed to be unreachable by phone. Our nine year-old daughter was in school a block away from our home in Connecticut, where I was. Many of the parents of the children with whom she went to school commuted to work in New York City as my husband did. I was on-line when the first plane crashed so I went and turned on the television. It was I who informed the center where the bank was holding its retreat that there had been an attack. My husband came home that night with a co-worker from New Jersey who could not get home (no bridges) and needed a shirt. When everything shook out (and it took days to figure out, because there was no cell phone service and people were trying to walk out of Manhattan), they figured that no children at my daughter's school had lost their parents. We were very lucky. Our town did lose many people.

I will never forget the bravery of the firemen going up the stairs with their heavy equipment. Everyone was coming down the stairs; they were going up.

@missy,

I read Karl's thread every year and I often wake up on September 11th thinking of it and remembering that I have to get on-line early to see if he has already posted it. (He usually gets it up very early.)

I read it thoroughly every year, but I did not remember all the detail of your story. I do not know if you ever posted it before. That you were so close to the towers when they were hit and that you actually made it back to Brooklyn after they were hit (a miracle!) escaped me until now. I also never took in that you were on a subway alone. I am glad you got to your cats. Some people couldn't get to Manhattan from places (like Brooklyn and Connecticut, where we were) that required crossing bridges for days once they were shut down.

Big hugs,
Deb

Thank you Deb ❤ You are kind and generous. (((Hugs))).

I was extraordinarily fortunate. I got the last subway back to Brooklyn. The mass transit system shut down immediately after my train.

I remember I was frightened. I was alone heading back under the tunnels. I held my breath til we reached Brooklyn and then I breathed a sigh of relief.

I had friends unable to get home. Friends that had to walk through the horror and for whom it took hours to reach their destination by walking. Their only option. It was dark before they got home.

It was a nightmare come to life. A nightmare even I had never envisioned. And that’s saying something. As was many many weeks and months afterwards.

I have stories to share about when I returned to work that week. I’ll share one. I returned to my other job that Thursday. Not to that (Tuesday) job as they shut down for 6 months IIRC. But I had my Wednesday and Thursday job that was open and I went Thursday. He was closed that Wednesday (day after September 11).

I arrived and no one was at the front so I went back to my office to get things ready. Unbeknownst to me though there was a bomb threat (that job was directly across from Grand Central Station) at Grand Central Station. No one knew I was at work though as I went to my office to set up for the day and the staff wasn’t out front.

Long story short (haha too late) I went up to the front as it was eerily silent. To see where was everyone. And I saw people running in the street. And our office was deserted. Everyone left fleeing not realizing I was there! I went outside but couldn’t move. I was frozen. From shock. Not again. A young man running past stopped and took my arm and said we have to get out of here.

Anyway after a block or so with him
I then saw my boss ahead with the staff and they were like oh my goodness we didn’t know you were here. Oh it was quite the time after the attack. For weeks and months after everyone was on edge but also everyone was so helpful and kind towards each other. The best came out. Even with Adrenaline flowing for long after the attack.

We were so lucky. So many weren’t :(

My daughter just took this pic from Brooklyn. #neverforget

A9DFFCA9-36C9-4640-9539-1380D165AB62.jpeg

I never got to see the towers but I would like to see the memorial lights one day. I was thousands of miles away from any of the sites that were hit but it felt eerily close. No one moved, no one breathed that day. I feel compelled to watch the coverage each year And hear the stories although it is still emotionally hard. That people had to make the choice to face flames or jump is still so unimaginable.
Pandemic or worse...those lights need to be on every year no matter what...I am glad the decision to skip it this year was reversed.

@1ofakind I agree! The lights need to be lit yearly no matter.
I live an hour out of NYC and many of my student’s parents were down in the city that day. The streets around us were eerily silent. We have many first responders living out here in the suburbs and we lost quite a few locals. Many couldn’t get home that day as all bridges and trains shut down. I still can’t believe it is 19 years...
I have quite a few pics of the towers prior and in the aftermath. The memorial museum is a beautifully solemn tribute. I wish we still had the camaraderie we had after the tragedy. ♥

I was in an educational meeting in the early afternoon (UK time). Two of us went to make coffee and some of the staff were watching the TV in horror. I will never forget that moment.

@missy For what? Those two words sum it up for me. The feeling of utter exhaustion at the hate generated by humans who can’t live together in tolerance on this tiny speck of rock hurtling through space that we all call home.

For what? For hate without reason. No one will ever convince me otherwise. Hate is the poison that will destroy our world. Sooner vs later if we keep going the way we are going.

@missy For what? Those two words sum it up for me. The feeling of utter exhaustion at the hate generated by humans who can’t live together in tolerance on this tiny speck of rock hurtling through space that we all call home.

Yes. Hate is a poison that will destroy all good if we don't fight against it. We cannot be silent. We must always work for good and against hate and evil. Silence fuels it. Action destroys it. In the words of the great late MLK Jr. :

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”

Hate and intolerance will be our ultimate destruction. IMO.

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 5.29.12 AM.png

What a bas##rd covid is that we can't have the memorials in person. I hope the bereaved families who get some comfort from attending the memorials in person can feel the love and support we all send them

Hugs back to you Karl

A belated, but no less very appreciative, Thank You, @Karl_K ; your tradition means much to this New Yorker.

I again saw to it that my son had a box of Oreo cookies Friday. Because when we were finally reunited at about 8:30 pm 19 years ago, I asked him what he wanted for supper, assuring him he could have anything he wanted, I'd go anywhere/purchase-prepare whatever he wished (he hadn't eaten anything since breakfast that morning, when he headed off to school just north of the WTC). His reply: "Oreo cookies and milk." After downing cookies and milk, he showered off all the ashes (we threw out the clothes he'd worn) and went to bed. When I peeked into his room before I retired for the evening, I saw that my 15-year-old had retrieved, from the back of his closet, his favorite stuffed animal from childhood & was sleeping with it clutched to his chest. It was his nighttime companion for the next week.

@Slick1 , what a wonderful photograph of the Towers in Light; it's such an evocative tribute. Thank you for posting it, and please relay our thanks to your daughter!

My heart is full. With the memories of the horrific losses, the widespread anguish left in the wake of that day... and also, the wondrous sense of caring community that suffused the City and beyond.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP