shape
carat
color
clarity

A Visit to Tiffany's!

MissGotRocks|1328235807|3117945 said:
Oh, Tiffany's. . . the ultimate field trip!! Just love the pictures of all the rings - it's such a fun place to go play. As an alternative, I think I like the 7 stone .56 band the best. I still am really taken with the thinner bands with the ering as I like that main diamond to be the star. Thanks for sharing your day with us!

BlueIris, did you send your stone to be set in the Vatche setting?

Yes, I know you have enjoyed those visits as well! It sounds like a lot of people like the .56 band!

How fun! What a perfect day out! :appl: I like both the 9 stone and 7 stone...they let your gorgeous diamond take center stage!

How would your daughter's Maytal band work with this setting? (not for you, but for those of us in love with her band! :bigsmile: )

Beautiful!!!!! I would LOVE to see all of those every day! Just applied for a job there ;) Gorgeous pics!!!

Starshine|1328239275|3117993 said:
How fun! What a perfect day out! :appl: I like both the 9 stone and 7 stone...they let your gorgeous diamond take center stage!

How would your daughter's Maytal band work with this setting? (not for you, but for those of us in love with her band! :bigsmile: )

I do like the 9 stone one, as well, Starshine! It was a beautiful band, too!

I can try on her band the next time I see her, but that band is also made low so I would expect it to be fine with it. Her band is right in between the sizes of the two Legacy bands at 2.5mm. It actually is a great size! Just remind me in a few days because I am going out of town for the next couple of days.

I actually like your current set as it is more than any of the bands you tried it with! I would be curious about a few metros or a novo with it tho.

DS! What a fun day you had! I'm quite jealous. I didn't know you had a new setting, it is gorgeous. So classic and beautiful.

All the bands looked great! Impossible to choose, so take one of each :lol:

P.s. my favorite stand alone ring is that bezel EW Lucida, yum yum :love:

04diamond<3|1328239651|3117999 said:
Beautiful!!!!! I would LOVE to see all of those every day! Just applied for a job there ;) Gorgeous pics!!!

Oh, wow, now that would be a great job!!!! Let us know what happens and good luck! :appl:

ame|1328242004|3118032 said:
I actually like your current set as it is more than any of the bands you tried it with! I would be curious about a few metros or a novo with it tho.

Well, I will have to say, I do love my current band, thank you! I just can't take decent pictures of it! I really don't need another band. I just thought for the next anniversary or something I might get a second band to help preserve this one. I have to be careful with it because I don't want to damage the milgrain. You know, I did not see any metros or novo bands there at all. I just realized that!

diamondseeker2006|1328233941|3117907 said:
blue iris....Yay!!! :appl: I am so happy you have decided! It will be mega-gorgeous with your amazing diamond for sure!!! I am 100% satisfied. I just love the look of the classic Tiffany and all their bands (or other repros). There is no way to capture the sparkle in the Legacy e-ring or wedding band. They were just beautiful pieces. My little band is beautiful. But there was more of it with the wider band! :bigsmile: The shared prong band that is under 2 cts. would be beautiful, too, no doubt.

This is the swing band they had:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP00044&mcat=&cid=&search_params=s+1-p+2-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+swing&search=1

I think it could be worn if there was another thin band below it (as in, the swing band in the middle). It didn't look great by itself with the e-ring. I LOVE all those kinds of bands including JBEG and BevK. But I don't think I could order any of them without trying them on.

Thank you! Until I have the ring back and am happy with it, I'm going to be nervous. You know that feeling! :D

I think the .56 or the full eternity (I can't remember if I told you that I called the store to be sure the full eternity also uses 8 pt. stones) is enough of a different look from your Legacy that it would be a good bet for you, if you decide to go that way. You know I love it! :) But I can also see something with colored stones (sapphires?), since I've been imagining that for myself, too. Or both. :twisted:

I guess I'll have to order a Legacy band to try. Oh, darn! :lol:

That is the swing band I love! So pretty. I couldn't order a band from JbEG or BevK either, without trying it on. I saw that the one JbEG have made up in the Jessica is a size 6 and I so wish I could try it! I'd want it made in platinum, though.

MGR, I did order the Vatche. I truly appreciate all the patience and help from DS and you while I vacillated between MM and this setting! I'm sure that my reset may not make a lot of sense to some, but I'm happy that I'm keeping a simple setting, as before (and going from four to six prongs) and gaining the versatility to wear a diamond band (or others).

angeline|1328243962|3118052 said:
DS! What a fun day you had! I'm quite jealous. I didn't know you had a new setting, it is gorgeous. So classic and beautiful.

All the bands looked great! Impossible to choose, so take one of each :lol:

P.s. my favorite stand alone ring is that bezel EW Lucida, yum yum :love:

Thanks, Angeline! I am happy with the new setting! One of each would be great for the bands!

I am sure our sales guy would be more than happy to sell you the bezel Lucida! :bigsmile:

blueiris|1328244352|3118060 said:
diamondseeker2006|1328233941|3117907 said:
blue iris....Yay!!! :appl: I am so happy you have decided! It will be mega-gorgeous with your amazing diamond for sure!!! I am 100% satisfied. I just love the look of the classic Tiffany and all their bands (or other repros). There is no way to capture the sparkle in the Legacy e-ring or wedding band. They were just beautiful pieces. My little band is beautiful. But there was more of it with the wider band! :bigsmile: The shared prong band that is under 2 cts. would be beautiful, too, no doubt.

This is the swing band they had:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP00044&mcat=&cid=&search_params=s+1-p+2-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+swing&search=1

I think it could be worn if there was another thin band below it (as in, the swing band in the middle). It didn't look great by itself with the e-ring. I LOVE all those kinds of bands including JBEG and BevK. But I don't think I could order any of them without trying them on.

Thank you! Until I have the ring back and am happy with it, I'm going to be nervous. You know that feeling! :D

I think the .56 or the full eternity (I can't remember if I told you that I called the store to be sure the full eternity also uses 8 pt. stones) is enough of a different look from your Legacy that it would be a good bet for you, if you decide to go that way. You know I love it! :) But I can also see something with colored stones (sapphires?), since I've been imagining that for myself, too. Or both. :twisted:

I guess I'll have to order a Legacy band to try. Oh, darn! :lol:

That is the swing band I love! So pretty. I couldn't order a band from JbEG or BevK either, without trying it on. I saw that the one JbEG have made up in the Jessica is a size 6 and I so wish I could try it! I'd want it made in platinum, though.

MGR, I did order the Vatche. I truly appreciate all the patience and help from DS and you while I vacillated between MM and this setting! I'm sure that my reset may not make a lot of sense to some, but I'm happy that I'm keeping a simple setting, as before (and going from four to six prongs) and gaining the versatility to wear a diamond band (or others).

I didn't see any bands with sapphires today, but I would have loved to have tried some on! I did love the swing band. There is another swing band that I also love but they didn't have that one. It is standalone, though.
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP00812&mcat=&cid=&fromGrid=1&search_params=s+1-p+2-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+swing&search=1

The setting really looked good with all of them. I thought that the full eternity looked like it had 8 pointers. I guess he pulled the 7 stone first and I never thought to ask to try the full eternity since I thought they looked exactly the same size.

Yes, I understand the apprehension, but I am really impressed that my diamond is being held up by a beautiful little crown! It is just so pretty and they even lined up the arrows on the stone! Yours will be better than mine because the larger stone is even better in the setting, I think. So I can't wait to see yours as well as watch your band deliberations!!! (Did you send your diamond to GOG?)

Oooh la la!!! Thank you for the bling parade! you have such pretty hands too!

Sounds like such a fun day!!!

diamondseeker2006|1328226915|3117782 said:
That larger Legacy band is gorgeous! I think janetjoan liked it best. I think it had the presence that the full eternity of around 8 pointers would have, but it is less expensive because it's stones are not 8 points, obviously. I think the 8 point stones are beautiful, though, big enough to be significant but not too big to take away from the diamond e-ring. The little one was gorgeous, too! Honestly, if I were younger and could collect one every 5 years, I'd take one of each!

A long time ago when I first tried them on, I did choose the 7 stone, .56 band. I sort of regret not having gotten that one at the time.

I love, love, love, the 7 stone .56 shared prong band. Your Tiffany photo show was soooo much fun. Thanks for sharing!

Sounds like you ladies had a fabulous day at Tiffany & Co. I was in there a few weeks back and tried on some shared prong 7 stone bands yum :love: they were lovely. One of favourites was a 5 stone open gallery ring almost 3 cts (obviously a stand alone ring) adorable. I am amazed that they let you take so many photos and try so many on - I bet you both had a wonderful time.

Thank you for sharing all those great photos :wavey:

What a fun day! I love going to Tiffany's and really all the great diamond houses, but Tiff's is my favorite. I LOVE the Lucinda. I love the cut of the stone and the solid and fluid setting. If I could have gotten the size and price in a ring, it would have been my first choice.
The Legacy makes me swoon. So pretty. I also LOVE the Etoile. Yum. I saw one online with an emerald cut. Love love love.

Fun fun day. Thanks for sharing.

I can't believe you tried every possible band and none of them was of the diamonless kind, the ones I am interested in seeing. :lol:

Your ring looks beautiful with any of these, but I agree with someone who commented it looks best with the one you already have. :love: And the classic channel set because I love that wband + ering combo. =)

I am very happy you got yourself a beautiful setting and a gorgeous diamond, DS. =)

diamondseeker2006|1328225048|3117739 said:
And just for the record, here's my own 2mm Legacy band just to make the thread complete!

Absolutely gorgeous! And would you remind me of the specs on the diamond in your solitaire, too? While I am drooling, I want to know exactly what I am drooling over, please!

Deb
:saint:

tuffy....thank you! I have pretty OLD hands, but not too old to enjoy the bling! ;))

H-A Girl...I am so glad you enjoyed the pictures! Thanks!

MonnyJay...janet joan was great at just taking pictures...we didn't ask and they didn't tell her to stop! :bigsmile: Sounds like you had a fun trip there, too!

luv2sparkle...I really love Tiffany, too! They certainly have beautiful and classic diamond jewelry!

Ivana...Oh, no! I should have tried on the plain bands, too!!!! We could have easily done that, too! I'm sorry! Thanks for you nice comments about my ring!

Deb...hi!!! And thank you! It is a 1.58 G VS1. I just got the new ring! Story here:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-1-58-g-vs1-from-gog-in-vatche-u-113-tiffany-repro.171351/page-3']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-1-58-g-vs1-from-gog-in-vatche-u-113-tiffany-repro.171351/page-3[/URL]

Love all the pics DS makes me want to go again this week!

janetjoan64|1328582406|3120598 said:
Love all the pics DS makes me want to go again this week!

We'll definitely do it again! I need to see your new bracelet!

I'll take one of each please :lol:

diamondseeker2006|1328223600|3117713 said:
First, the shared prong rings, starting with the 9 stone, .27 ct., then the 7 stone, .56 ct.

DS: Just saw your thread--looks like a fun day!

Still waiting on my wife's ring to come in from Tiffany, so this was great to see both the .27 and .56 bands again! My wife is getting anxious for her ring to come in--she's been wearing just the standalone solitaire on her left hand and told me she feels as though she's just engaged with only 1 ring on. ;)) She decided the big eternity band as a right hand ring is just for special occasions.

Anyhow, thanks for posting the pictures!

HappyEverAfter...yeah, me too!!!

sna....I am sure it feels strange to her to just be wearing the e-ring! Hopefully her band will be ready soon! I loved that band so much, but I am afraid it is so similar in size and sparkle to my 2mm Legacy band. But I really do think the smaller bands are all very elegant to wear with an e-ring, and the larger band (2.86 or so) is just significant enough to stand alone. I can understand why she might not want to wear it everyday especially if she is right handed. I wouldn't want to put the wear and tear on it that would happen with everyday wear since you grasp so many things with your right hand. But it will be beautiful to wear when going out and that kind of thing!

diamondseeker2006|1328759523|3122189 said:
HappyEverAfter...yeah, me too!!!

sna....I am sure it feels strange to her to just be wearing the e-ring! Hopefully her band will be ready soon! I loved that band so much, but I am afraid it is so similar in size and sparkle to my 2mm Legacy band. But I really do think the smaller bands are all very elegant to wear with an e-ring, and the larger band (2.86 or so) is just significant enough to stand alone. I can understand why she might not want to wear it everyday especially if she is right handed. I wouldn't want to put the wear and tear on it that would happen with everyday wear since you grasp so many things with your right hand. But it will be beautiful to wear when going out and that kind of thing!

It's funny you mention the sizing--the small band is similar to your existing Legacy so you'd go with the larger one--whereas the larger band is similar to her existing eternity band so we went smaller. Ha! If she didn't own the eternity band, I suppose we would have gone with the larger band... Actually, that brings up a good point---if she's wearing just the new wedding band with her engagement ring (and not the RHR), do you think that it will look "off"? I mean I loved how the dainty wedding band looked with the 2.33ct stone--it really made the center stone "pop"--but now I'm starting to second-guess myself that if she's not wearing the RHR that it would appear that I cheaped out on the wedding band or something--that it doesn't compliment the e-ring enough? Don't want her friends to think I broke the bank on the e-ring and couldn't afford a proper wedding ring. ;))

I probably should stoup over-analyzing things now. :rolleyes:

sna it will look divine, and no one will think you cheaped out. Unless they got knocked on the head or something ;)) How could they think that with such an amazing solitaire? And besides, style is style no matter the price, and that thinner band with that big solitaire is STYLE baby!

I think she will love it and find it much more comfortable expecially when wrangling the two kids.

sna....I agree with Dreamer. I absolutely loved the little band! I will probably get it if I can find a like-new one at a good price in my size. I have a 7 stone Memoire band with 10 pointers, so it is sort of unnecessary for me to get one with 8 pointers, although I wouldn't mind having the full eternity with 8 pointers. :naughty: Really, I liked them all with the e-ring, but the one you are getting is really gorgeous with the e-ring. Your e-ring diamond makes the statement. You don't need a large wedding band.

OK, thanks ladies for the reassurance. Both my wife and I and the Tiffany saleswoman liked the smallest band the best actually--I'm just over analyzing it while waiting in anticipation. ;))

It's due in by the 10th...

Oh, great! Pictures soon!!!

diamondseeker2006|1328808020|3122450 said:

and they just called.. it's in. Will pick it up on the way home from work tonight! :appl:

sna77|1328813290|3122503 said:
diamondseeker2006|1328808020|3122450 said:

and they just called.. it's in. Will pick it up on the way home from work tonight! :appl:

:appl: I can't wait to see her new set!!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP