shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Purchase Of 2012

orbaya said:
YayTacori|1355839349|3334299 said:
orbaya said:
We didn't really make any large purchases for the family or home this year. So, I'll say that my Whiteflash DBTY was my best purchase of 2012. :cheeky:

Although, if you count a vacation as a purchase then my answer would be bringing our 2 year old son to Disney World!
Aww that's so sweet! He must have been ecstatic!

Oh he was beside himself when he met the characters....especially Mickey Mouse! The first time Evan saw Mickey was during a parade and we thought he was going to hyperventilate he was so excited LOL!

Here's a picture of Evan meeting Mickey. It's my absolute favorite picture from the whole trip.
He is so so so so so so cute. Wow.

I would have to say my engagement ring, even though it's not really mine yet!! Thank you preloved!! :D

I love reading all the unique purchases this year.

My house! Everyone at work gave me funny looks when I told them where I bought,but my property value has already gone up by a few thousand and there is a Starbucks going in around the corner!

orbaya|1355839727|3334322 said:
orbaya said:
We didn't really make any large purchases for the family or home this year. So, I'll say that my Whiteflash DBTY was my best purchase of 2012. :cheeky:

Although, if you count a vacation as a purchase then my answer would be bringing our 2 year old son to Disney World!

Oh he was beside himself when he met the characters....especially Mickey Mouse! The first time Evan saw Mickey was during a parade and we thought he was going to hyperventilate he was so excited LOL!

Here's a picture of Evan meeting Mickey. It's my absolute favorite picture from the whole trip.

This is just gorgeous! What a sweet memory, definitely money WELL spent! :bigsmile:

My first new (not preowned) sofa, the West Elm Blake in Peacock! Love it!

orbaya|1355839727|3334322 said:
orbaya said:

HI:

Orbaya! That picture is priceless!!! :love: Vacations are definately worth talking about! I was gonna too!

cheers--Sharon

ame|1355839886|3334328 said:
I had to think about this for a LONG time....So I am going to go with a tossup between the:
1) Tiffany Band (words I never thought Id say) despite my rarely wearing it
2) My crossbody LP bag
3) the iPad we got my MIL for bday/xmas.

HI:

Well Tiffany is pretty awesome! I recall thinking your gift to your MIL was very generous. Hope she enjoys it!

cheers--Shaorn

pandabee|1355840575|3334371 said:
I would have to say my engagement ring, even though it's not really mine yet!! Thank you preloved!! :D

HI:

Thrilling! Better post handshots when the time comes :bigsmile: !

cheers--Sharon

chemgirl|1355840819|3334407 said:
My house! Everyone at work gave me funny looks when I told them where I bought,but my property value has already gone up by a few thousand and there is a Starbucks going in around the corner!

HI:

Sounds good! Enjoy decorating!

cheers--Sharon

mercoledi|1355840936|3334445 said:
My first new (not preowned) sofa, the West Elm Blake in Peacock! Love it!

HI:

New furniture is always very cool (and welcome!)!

cheers--Sharon

marcy|1355840803|3334403 said:
I love reading all the unique purchases this year.

HI:

Me too Marcy!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal|1355858053|3334807 said:
ame|1355839886|3334328 said:
I had to think about this for a LONG time....So I am going to go with a tossup between the:
1) Tiffany Band (words I never thought Id say) despite my rarely wearing it
2) My crossbody LP bag
3) the iPad we got my MIL for bday/xmas.

HI:

Well Tiffany is pretty awesome! I recall thinking your gift to your MIL was very generous. Hope she enjoys it!

cheers--Shaorn
She so far has. And it was a big thing for her to want, she's not techno-interested at all, typically, and for her to actually specify this, and be interested in something like this and for so long...that was huge. So it was really exciting for me and DH to get it, and moreso for me to set it up and hand it to her totally ready to use, so that she could just grab it and go. I hope that she can go to the apple store for a little workshop and learn more. We spent some time doing little "lessons" but I wished we had been able to do more of them. I did tell her you can't really "break it" unless you drop it. Or stream something like netflix in which case she'll get a call from me saying hey lady stop that!

This was a hard question...it took me a while to think of something I've bought in 2012 that wasn't baby related. I upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a 5, and it's amazingly fast. I suspect my favorite 2012 purchase is under the Christmas tree- an iPad w/Retina display.

Oh, I did buy a new camera lens. Nothing crazy or expensive, but the 1.8 aperture is so much fun.

amc80|1355862531|3334887 said:
This was a hard question...it took me a while to think of something I've bought in 2012 that wasn't baby related. I upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a 5, and it's amazingly fast. I suspect my favorite 2012 purchase is under the Christmas tree- an iPad w/Retina display.

Oh, I did buy a new camera lens. Nothing crazy or expensive, but the 1.8 aperture is so much fun.

HI:

Cool loot! :bigsmile: Ohhhhh retinal scan--does Daniel Craig come with?????

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal|1355864578|3334930 said:
amc80|1355862531|3334887 said:

HI:

Cool loot! :bigsmile: Ohhhhh retinal scan--does Daniel Craig come with?????

cheers--Sharon

That costs extra...I'm guessing DH didn't spring for it.

My favorite purchase of the year would have to be my Bernina 830LE sewing computer. I could have bought a small car for the same amount but I am having so much fun with it. It is crazy amazing the stuff it can do. No longer referred to as a sewing machine, it is a sewing computer. Because I purchased this baby in June, I was able to attend a VIP retreat thrown by Bernina this December in Ill. It was so fun and a memory I will treasure!

I just bought a Dyson DC39 Animal vacuum cleaner :D

I hope it's as good as people say on Amazon - I got an awesome deal on it! It was $250 off during a "one day sale" that The Bay had. I had to wake up early and race some little old ladies up the through the store AND up the escalators to get one of the last DC41s (they were on the third floor of the department store). Those little old ladies move fast when they want something! :eek:

Interesting thread! Its making me want new things! :tongue:

My favourite is a very beloved Nike+ Sportswatch. We gifted it to SO's father the day he arrived home from the hospital after a near-fatal heart attack. I feel SO happy just thinking about it! He is obsessed with the thing.

hoover|1355877398|3335146 said:

I hope it's as good as people say on Amazon - I got an awesome deal on it! It was $250 off during a "one day sale" that The Bay had. I had to wake up early and race some little old ladies up the through the store AND up the escalators to get one of the last DC41s (they were on the third floor of the department store). Those little old ladies move fast when they want something! :eek:

Wow, I bought a Dyson animal a few years ago and it was way way way more than $250! Even so, it was worth every penny. White carpets with 3 cats and this vacuum keeps up.

Good job chasing down those ladies!

My best purchase this year was our 10-day trip to Italy in September - hands down. It was worth every penny we spent, and we're STILL swooning over the memories of it.

YAY TACORI - Forgive me if this has been tried already (I skimmed and didn't see this, so I'm hoping it might help) - have you had your dog tested for Lyme disease? I ask because my dog became lame last year for an extended period despite not having any identifiable hip issues. It turned out not to be Lyme, but another tick-borne disease called anaplasmosis.

Anaplasmosis can mimic arthritis in dogs since it inflames the tissue surrounding the joints; my dog was put on antibiotics and then following with glucosamine and chondroiten, which resolved limping he'd been doing for a few months.

AlJDewey's post reminds me of my best purchase of 2012, actually.

I gave my parents 2 cans of permethrin spray with which to treat their outdoor clothing. Ticks were very bad this past year and they're outdoors a lot.

luv2sparkle|1355877347|3335145 said:
My favorite purchase of the year would have to be my Bernina 830LE sewing computer. I could have bought a small car for the same amount but I am having so much fun with it. It is crazy amazing the stuff it can do. No longer referred to as a sewing machine, it is a sewing computer. Because I purchased this baby in June, I was able to attend a VIP retreat thrown by Bernina this December in Ill. It was so fun and a memory I will treasure!

HI:

What a perk! Awesome purchase!!

cheers--Sharon

hoover|1355877398|3335146 said:

HI:

Yay! I didn't know Dyson was included in those sales....I msut ge the fan next time I hear the ODS advertized!! Another Dyson lover--good on ya!!!

cheers--Shaorn

Chewbacca|1355879915|3335176 said:
Interesting thread! Its making me want new things! :tongue:

My favourite is a very beloved Nike+ Sportswatch. We gifted it to SO's father the day he arrived home from the hospital after a near-fatal heart attack. I feel SO happy just thinking about it! He is obsessed with the thing.

Hi:

Hope he is well! Does he us it to keep track of his HR? Very useful gift indeed!

cheers--Sharon

aljdewey|1355892818|3335323 said:
My best purchase this year was our 10-day trip to Italy in September - hands down. It was worth every penny we spent, and we're STILL swooning over the memories of it.

YAY TACORI - Forgive me if this has been tried already (I skimmed and didn't see this, so I'm hoping it might help) - have you had your dog tested for Lyme disease? I ask because my dog became lame last year for an extended period despite not having any identifiable hip issues. It turned out not to be Lyme, but another tick-borne disease called anaplasmosis.

Anaplasmosis can mimic arthritis in dogs since it inflames the tissue surrounding the joints; my dog was put on antibiotics and then following with glucosamine and chondroiten, which resolved limping he'd been doing for a few months.

HI:

I wa shoping someone would chime in about travel! How thrilling
Agreed.....I lived the same experience as you--our three weeks to Paris/Tuscany in May did rival my choice for best purchase as well.

cheers--Sharon

monarch64|1355899315|3335354 said:
AlJDewey's post reminds me of my best purchase of 2012, actually.

I gave my parents 2 cans of permethrin spray with which to treat their outdoor clothing. Ticks were very bad this past year and they're outdoors a lot.

HI:

Cheers to their health and safety! :appl:

Sharon

aljdewey said:

Wow... I never even thought of that aljdewey... They've haven't been tested for Lyne disease... Not that I remember. Both the girls got bit by a tick last summer tho. I'm going to go look up symptoms! Thank you!

Jewelry will always come up first for me as far as material possessions go, and I bought too much in 2012! I think my best bargains were two additional Beaudry settings from Pearlman's for RHR's if I can ever find center stones for them! The other amazing find was a South Sea pearl pendant with rose cut diamond that I bought for a fraction of the current $5800 price! :appl:

Non-jewelry would probably be my iPhone 5 and iPad, and Disney World trip with my sister and our teen girls.

diamondseeker2006 said:
Jewelry will always come up first for me as far as material possessions go, and I bought too much in 2012! I think my best bargains were two additional Beaudry settings from Pearlman's for RHR's if I can ever find center stones for them! The other amazing find was a South Sea pearl pendant with rose cut diamond that I bought for a fraction of the current $5800 price! :appl:

Non-jewelry would probably be my iPhone 5 and iPad, and Disney World trip with my sister and our teen girls.

I am so excited to see these rings!! You have such an amazing collection.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP