shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD help 3 stone OMC ring

Can you do the donuts in yellow gold?

I love this metal transition:

I think that's what she is saying about the "bridge". And I agree with you about making that area yellow.

Yes, I meant make the bridge yellow if you want two tone in the shoulder. Sorry, was trying to multi-task and didn't proof read.
You said it correctly! I was just confused! Yes, I definitely think making the bridge gold helps. I mocked up a picture below. I’m still wavering on doing all gold. I just have to decide which one I think makes my stones pop more.

Can you do the donuts in yellow gold?

I love this metal transition:

Yes!

Pictures are always better than words!

I see now what you mean about a shoulder detail. They are all very pretty! It is safest to see if you can find examples from DKs own work, I think. If he has never done it.... I would hesitate.
He has multiple variations like the ones I posted before and I added one of his below but none in a three stone and none without the air gap! Womp womp.

Attachments

• IMG_7454.png
    IMG_7454.png
    306.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7485.png
    IMG_7485.png
    353.3 KB · Views: 7
I don’t think it being three versus one stone matters. The size of the stone is enough to visualize. How big are your sides? Look for examples with similar size solitaires.

Eg my sides are only 4.3mm there is no room for fancy shoulders.

I don’t think it being three versus one stone matters. The size of the stone is enough to visualize. How big are your sides? Look for examples with similar size solitaires.

Eg my sides are only 4.3mm there is no room for fancy shoulders.

It would be a tiny detail. The width of the shank/shoulder would be 3.7mm where the design is and them the shank tapers to 2.3 at smallest. My side stones are 5.27/5.09 and 5.37x5.17.
I mocked up pictures. I have no photoshop skills. I tried to “fill in” the air gap to get a visual. But your comment helps, it is a very small area…I may be forcing this!

Attachments

• IMG_7507.jpeg
    IMG_7507.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7509.jpeg
    IMG_7509.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 6
I think it will be difficult to do a detail like that but you could easily have a carved out area a similar shaper with bead set diamonds.

I think splitting it is forcing the issue as you say. Why not just make it solid and as @Dreamer_D suggests, carve that shape into the metal and then set the diamonds?

@Dreamer_D @Lookinagain I think you both are right! I was forcing it and trying to create something. I think it could be all yellow gold. I really do like the general design. However, I asked them for a simpler CAD with a very slight shoulder just ending at baskets and no small diamonds, very similar to our first cad just minimizing the shoulder (it had come to a point). I feel terrible asking, they have been so helpful and must be getting annoyed by my indecision.

Hopefully I am not annoying everyone here also! I really do appreciate all the input and assistance, thank you!

Hopefully I am not annoying everyone here also! I really do appreciate all the input and assistance, thank you!

I think everyone can relate to analysis paralysis. It's a big decision and you want to love it forever with no regrets (and get exactly what you're dreaming up) - your jeweler understands that. He wants you to love it.

Here’s what I learned in my 4 month custom journey. The little things always seem big in a CAD - it's huge and super zoomed in. The prongs, which seemed so chunky on the CADs- aren't at all and they blend right into my stone so I barely see them at all. CADs are tough - they are so zoomed in that it's hard to know if it will have the aesthetic you want it to have when it's a normal size. Once you get your next pictures, maybe try zooming out to make it smaller / the actual size it will be on your finger.

Best advice - ask David to send you a mold of your ring. I'm glad I did - don't laugh, but I actually used a nail clipper to cut the prongs down to the height they would be and wore it for 3 days straight. I don't think I would have signed off on it if I hadn't had it to wear around because I can't visualize CADs at all.

Good Luck - I love following your journey. Keep us posted!

I think everyone can relate to analysis paralysis. It's a big decision and you want to love it forever with no regrets (and get exactly what you're dreaming up) - your jeweler understands that. He wants you to love it.

Here’s what I learned in my 4 month custom journey. The little things always seem big in a CAD - it's huge and super zoomed in. The prongs, which seemed so chunky on the CADs- aren't at all and they blend right into my stone so I barely see them at all. CADs are tough - they are so zoomed in that it's hard to know if it will have the aesthetic you want it to have when it's a normal size. Once you get your next pictures, maybe try zooming out to make it smaller / the actual size it will be on your finger.

Best advice - ask David to send you a mold of your ring. I'm glad I did - don't laugh, but I actually used a nail clipper to cut the prongs down to the height they would be and wore it for 3 days straight. I don't think I would have signed off on it if I hadn't had it to wear around because I can't visualize CADs at all.

Good Luck - I love following your journey. Keep us posted!

Thank you! I appreciate your insight and encouragement. I am definitely going to have the mold sent, we’ve already been discussing it! I’ve set myself a deadline for this week. It’s easy to get so wrapped up in the details, which really are important to me and I love brainstorming ideas but they are tiny details, that truly only I (and PSers) would notice!
As Dreamer (it won’t let me tag you?) said, all I will see will be the stones!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP