color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Date:
1/1/2009 12:18:24 AM
Author: Blenheim

Aww, thanks Deborah.
1.gif
In terms of announcements, this might be what you''re looking for. It''s not always 100% up to date with new pregnancies though.

Thanks, blenheim. That list is great. It should be somewhere separate, however, somewhere where it is always easily accessible-not where one must sarch through a thread for it-and where the entire Pricescope community, not just the pregnant women, is aware of it. In my opinion.

Deborah
34.gif

Date:
1/1/2009 1:45:11 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Happy New Year mamas to be!!

Congratulations on your pregnancy, Dreamer! Now that I have seen the list, I know that you are expecting!

Deborah
34.gif

Hi all just a quick drive by to say CONGRATS to NYC about the babies and being a mom is wonderful...except when it''s 4am and you are awake with two babies who won''t go to sleep unless someone human is holding them! Get ready ladies!
32.gif

Happy New Year Everyone!

I just want to thank everyone for being so supportive to all of us throughout this journey. And a huge thank you for being so understanding of my situation with my FI. It has made everything feel so much easier. You all are going to be great moms

face23.gif
. 2009 is going to be great!

Hi Everyone- wanted to thank you all for the good wishes and support while my baby is in the hospital- things are going as well as we could hope for. Yesterday they took out his breathing tube, an arterial line, his foley catheter(urine) and a tummy drainage tube. Then they added a new tube through his nose to his tummy so he can be fed!!!!!! Hooray!! I am so very happy. Today I think he will meet with the occupational therapist to make sure he knows how to suck and swallow- he sort of has the sucking thing down and likes the paci but he has a lot of "spit bubbles" and it doesn''t seem like he remembers to swallow- I know they will be able to help him though- Also they will take out a central line(right atrial) line that is measuring pressures right now and then we will be able to hold him!!!! Like I said I am very happy.
My little baby looks so sweet to me, but so different already than when he was born. I can''t wait until he is free of all tubes and wires and I can really check him out- know what I mean? Well that is it for now. Thanks for reading.

I promise I will try to add some pics-

NYC Congratulations on one and one! That is sooo very exciting! I am happy to hear that everything looks great with all the organs! And what a great start to the new year!

Pandora Sorry to hear your employers still stink! Glad to hear you are so well hooked up with services. I know it can be overwhelming(at least to me) to meet with so many different people. I swear some days it felt like a job just keeping all the appts. for the baby while I was pregnant. Hope you had some peaceful time with DH over the holidays. Happy new year!

Blen sorry to hear about your scare- I am glad that things seemed ok and it was only r.l. pain, although it sounds very painful. Aren''t those nurses reassuring in L&D. They are really wonderful. I had such a great experience(that I will post about some day...).

Hope everyone else is doing super- Sorry no time for more individ posts- have we heard from Neat again?

Pave, thanks. Glad to hear that a lot of Tyler''s tubes were ready to come out. Hopefully he can pick up swallowing pretty quickly. Was this one surgery all he needs, or is he going to need subsequent surgeries? Do they have any idea when you''ll be able to take your little guy home? Neat''s been posting mainly in the mom''s thread, I think, although I know that she has her hands full with two little ones. She seems to be doing well (but busy!) and her boys are doing well, but her MIL has been annoying from what I gather.

Happy New Year everyone!

Pave, that''s great that he''s having tubes removed already! I can''t recall if you posted this already, but any idea when you''ll be able to take him home?

DH and I went to a NYE party with Sabine and her DH last night and I ran into an old high school friend who I hadn''t seen in years. She asked what was new with me and I said, well, I''m pregnant! She said she was actually going to ask if I was, so I guess I''m starting to look pregnant enough for others to notice! I think a lot of it had to do with the shirt I was wearing and perhaps some bloat, but it made me happy none the less.
1.gif

Hi Robbie,Blen and all-
The baby''s hospital stay is supposed to be about 2 weeks. I prepared myself for 3 weeks just in case cause you know sometimes unexpected things come up but I would be thrilled if he gets out by 2 weeks, and my parents would still be here a whole week to spend time with him/help if he gets out around then. I would love that. The way things are going it is looking good but I am scared to get too excited and am saying that I am ''cautiously optimistic''. He has so many ppl praying for him and thinking of us and I can''t believe how fortunate and blessed we are. I have my fingers crossed though and knock on lots of wood but that is just me.
wow I just reread my 2nd sentence and it may be the longest run-on I have ever written- Sabine, you teach grade school, right? yikes. lol.
Leaving for the hospital shortly. Hope everyone has a great day.

Pave- I wish you all the best and im sure little tyler will be a strong fighter and get through this just fine..add us to your list of prayers..bc we are praying and thinking of you.

Robbie- isn''t it fun when ppl start noticing?? This just started happening to me (bc im a big girl as it is)..and I find it very exciting :)

Hi everyone.....I haven't really stopped in here lately....the holidays have been so busy!

Pave I'm so glad to hear that your little guy is doing so well! As a NICU nurse, I know how scary it is for parents to see their babies hooked up to so many things. Best wishes to you, and it is great that he will hopefully be able to come home soon!

I had my first appointment on Dec. 30th and got to see my little peanut on ultrasound. He/She was so active--squirming, kicking, punching, flipping around...all I could think about while watching was the song "Kung Fu Fighting"! I think I will call him/her kung fu panda!

I also wanted to share how we told our families that we are expecting. We had our annual Chinese dinner and I made fortune cookie ornaments with a special fortune in each one:

New Years Fortune.jpg

Kelley- that is such a fun unique way to tell everyone...I can just imagine their shocked and excited expressions:) ..congrats!

Date: 1/1/2009 5:29:17 AM
Author: AGBF

Date:
1/1/2009 12:18:24 AM
Author: Blenheim

Aww, thanks Deborah.
1.gif
In terms of announcements, this might be what you''re looking for. It''s not always 100% up to date with new pregnancies though.

Thanks, blenheim. That list is great. It should be somewhere separate, however, somewhere where it is always easily accessible-not where one must sarch through a thread for it-and where the entire Pricescope community, not just the pregnant women, is aware of it. In my opinion.

Deborah
34.gif
Just wanted to say that I for one would not be totally happy about this idea.

Posting in the TTC and Preggo threads, or in threads that aren''t super obvious is a way that I feel I can participate in PS without it being instantly accessible to every Tom, Dick and Harry out there. People have to actually read the threads to know what is going on.

Also things can and do go wrong in pregnancies and the current status quo would be easier to deal with in that regard.

I don''t know how others feel, but I don''t think I''d like a sticky thread or anything like that.... sorry.

Happy New Year’s Day everyone! This is my first visit to PS in about 8 weeks. I had no idea how my days would just disappear in a blur once I became a mommy, but I am completely in love with my baby girl, and when she smiles at me all of the long hours and exhaustion are worth it. We had a great first Christmas with her. All 4 of her grandparents came to visit (and stay with us!), so it was quite exciting. Alexis is the first grandchild on both sides, and she just traveled from lap to lap. I really cannot believe she is now 10 weeks and 2 days old. She is awake a lot more often and more interactive now, but I also miss how tiny she was those first couple of weeks. The days are precious and they just go by so quickly.

I have spent the last couple of hours trying to quickly skim this thread, mostly looking for birth and pregnancy announcements. Please forgive me if I miss anyone.

First, a shout out to the new mommies.

Neatfreak, congratulations to you and Mr. NF!
36.gif
36.gif
Your boys are so precious – you look like such a happy family in that picture. So glad they didn’t need NICU time. I love their names too. Poor Dex had a rough entrance into the world – ouch!
23.gif

Pave, congratulations and welcome to little Tyler!
36.gif
35.gif
I am so glad to hear the surgery went well and wish him a quick recovery. Can’t wait to see pics of him.

Now to try to catch up on the rest of the news I missed. Sorry my comments are so out of date at this point.

Sabine, Brgirl, ChinaCat, Buttercup, and Neveah, congrats and welcome!
35.gif

LIA, that was quite an L&D experience you had. Jacob is beautiful and I love his name. I would love to see more pics.

Courtneylub, congrats on joining team pink!
36.gif
Little girls are so much fun to dress up. Lovely bump!

Blen, cute 20 week belly and baby pics! So sorry to hear about your hubby’s job – sending you dust for a new job quick. I don’t think he should have to re-pay tuition since it was not his choice to leave the job before the 1-year mark. It sounds like you had a scary visit to the hospital – glad to hear it wasn’t serious.

Robbie, love the first picture of your little peanut! Sexy bikini shots and cute preggo belly! Glad everything went well with the big announcement.

Sabine, glad the u/s showed a strong heartbeat and will keep my fingers crossed that your follow up u/s goes just as well.

Fiery, cute bean!

Mela, cute bump you have there! I love the black and white print canopy with the red Bugaboo. Your new “niece” Taylor is mighty cute! Congrats on a great anatomy scan – that’s a cute little thumb sucker you have there.

Kelley, congrats on your second baby!
36.gif

DD, that is a sweet baby belly! I can’t believe you are past the 30 week mark already. Glad to hear your interview went so well. Congrats on passing your GD test with flying colors!
36.gif

Lindsey, congrats on good US results!
36.gif
The 3D pic is amazing. Cute belly!

Pandora, your vintage 1920’s dress sounds amazing – any pics to share? You’ve got a cute bump. Your employers are such a-holes – I can’t believe they sent you crap on Christmas Eve.
29.gif
I hope you really stick it to them.

Steph and Peony, I am a bit late in sending condolences, but I am so sorry for the losses you both have experienced. I hope we see you back here soon. Hugs.

Brgirl, we used Freshaire paint in the nursery, but DH still thought I shouldn’t paint while pregnant, and I didn’t argue.
2.gif

Nycbkgirl, congrats on team blue and team pink!
36.gif
36.gif
That is so exciting!

Kelley, love the announcement fortune cookies.

We had professional pictures taken of Alexis at 6 ½ weeks. This is one of my favorites.

DSC_8722-2-25.JPG

And here is a head shot that shows her blue eyes. Unfortunately, she was a bit blotchy that day.

DSC_8599-tu-20.JPG

For those who were wondering, I am here reading and lurking but typing with one hand is hard! And sometimes I don''t even have one hand consistently free!
1.gif

Kay- omg she is precious! So beautiful...the first pic is so amazing.love the black and white...and of course the blue eyes are killer ...congrats mama! :))

Neat-we know u have your hands full but whenever u can post so more pics please do so ;)

Date: 1/1/2009 9:57:41 PM
Author: neatfreak
For those who were wondering, I am here reading and lurking but typing with one hand is hard! And sometimes I don''t even have one hand consistently free!
1.gif
I hear you on that one. The people at my office are constantly e-mailing me questions, and it takes so long to type replies with one hand, when she lets me have one hand free. I think that''s why I stopped using my laptop for entertainment and just watch TV while I''m holding LO. And your hands are twice as busy!

Date: 1/1/2009 10:08:19 PM
Author: nycbkgirl
Kay- omg she is precious! So beautiful...the first pic is so amazing.love the black and white...and of course the blue eyes are killer ...congrats mama! :))

Neat-we know u have your hands full but whenever u can post so more pics please do so ;)
Thanks, nycbkgirl! We are completely smitten with her.

NF, I would love to see more pics too!

Kay, she''s soooo beautiful! Congrats!

Kay thanks for popping in! I love those pictures, I hope to have similar B+W ones taken when our baby comes!

NF I bet your hands are full! Are you BFing mostly? How is it going? A two or three word answer will be fine
9.gif

31w 4d

Date: 1/2/2009 1:09:09 AM
Kay thanks for popping in! I love those pictures, I hope to have similar B+W ones taken when our baby comes!

NF I bet your hands are full! Are you BFing mostly? How is it going? A two or three word answer will be fine
9.gif

31w 4d

I am BFing mostly. As of right now I haven''t had the time to figure out my pump yet and I NEED sleep, so DH is giving them one bottle of formula at their 11pm ish feeding so I can sleep from their 9pm feeding through till about 2-3am. Which is SO NICE. But soon they''ll be getting pumped milk for that feeding most likely. Anyway, if your baby will happily go from breast to bottle without problems I highly recommend having your DH do a nighttime feed if he''s the type to stay up late/get up early anyway. So nice to get a chunk of sleep.

Boys are sleeping for now, Dexter is laying on my chest (hence why I have 2 hands) and Max is in his pack n'' play in the living room. We''re up for the day already so we are out here letting DH get some sleep.

Kay, Alexis is beautiful! Love the pictures!

NF, that's great your DH is doing a bottle-feeding and you're getting some sleep. I used to do the same so I could get a good chunk of sleep in but it didn't last long. How do you feel after waking up? I was feeling extremely engorged when I skipped a feeding and my MW said to not go that long without nursing or pumping. Your body will get used to going longer during the nights and eventually produce less milk. So while DH bottle fed, I pumped. Just wanted to share since you plan to pump and give your boys breast milk for that one feeding. I don't want your supply to go down. Maybe sleep 4 hours then wake up and pump. Whatever works for you. Sounds like BFing is going well?

OMG Kay look at those beautiful blue eyes! She''s such a doll!! Lots of love to you and your family!

NF thanks for stopping by and sharing stories of ''babyhood.'' I love lurking on the PS mommies thread because you just learn so much (and you are all honest which is great!)

A little side silly story, FI and I hung out with a friend of his around 2:30AM New Year''s Day. When we got there it was all guys (I sooo wished I knew that beforehand, I would have sent him alone and gone to bed
3.gif
). One of FI''s friends was there with his adorable 1 year old. Mom stood home. I got up to walk away from all the guy talk and grab a snack from the kitchen. FI follows me and this was our conversation:

FI: Can you believe its almost 3AM and he''s out here with his daughter and she''s awake!?
Me: I know.
FI: She should have been asleep hours ago!
Me: I know
FI: And they''re all smoking cigars out there in front of her and she''s crawling around the dirty floor...
Me: Yup
FI: And it''s 60 degrees! She doesn''t have a jacket on and she''s wearing shorts! He''s wearing a jacket (refering to dad) and she isn''t! And where is her mother!

Anyway, we head back outside and the little girl was sitting on her dad''s lap while he continued to smoke his cigar. So FI asked if he could hold her and as soon as he got her, he wrapped her in his sweater and put her to sleep.

It was just funny to see him go into instant dad mode. While all the guys were talking about the old days of clubbing and football, FI was rocking this little girl that isn''t even his to sleep. Too cute! He was really disappointed in his friend. I''m glad he witnessed that because I made it very clear that he will never, ever, ever take our child out of the home in the middle of the night to hang out with his buddies.

Date: 1/2/2009 7:56:29 AM
Author: snlee
Kay, Alexis is beautiful! Love the pictures!

NF, that''s great your DH is doing a bottle-feeding and you''re getting some sleep. I used to do the same so I could get a good chunk of sleep in but it didn''t last long. How do you feel after waking up? I was feeling extremely engorged when I skipped a feeding and my MW said to not go that long without nursing or pumping. Your body will get used to going longer during the nights and eventually produce less milk. So while DH bottle fed, I pumped. Just wanted to share since you plan to pump and give your boys breast milk for that one feeding. I don''t want your supply to go down. Maybe sleep 4 hours then wake up and pump. Whatever works for you. Sounds like BFing is going well?

Thanks Snlee. It is going fairly well, we have a pedi appointment today so we shall see just how well I guess! So far my chunk of sleep is only about 4 hours, so while I do get engorged towards the end, it isn''t a huge deal so far. I do need to figure out the whole when to pump thing...not enough brain power now

3.gif

Date: 1/2/2009 7:12:16 AM

I am BFing mostly. As of right now I haven't had the time to figure out my pump yet and I NEED sleep, so DH is giving them one bottle of formula at their 11pm ish feeding so I can sleep from their 9pm feeding through till about 2-3am. Which is SO NICE. But soon they'll be getting pumped milk for that feeding most likely. Anyway, if your baby will happily go from breast to bottle without problems I highly recommend having your DH do a nighttime feed if he's the type to stay up late/get up early anyway. So nice to get a chunk of sleep.

Boys are sleeping for now, Dexter is laying on my chest (hence why I have 2 hands) and Max is in his pack n' play in the living room. We're up for the day already so we are out here letting DH get some sleep.
That sounds great, Neat, and especially with twins it is a huge time committment to BF so it's great to see it is working out for you! re: snlees comment about supply: I wonder if it is less of an issue with twins to make sure you hit the every 4 hour mark (or more) because they are probably emptying you out completely each time and also probably nursing more often than a singleton?? Just a thought... but they are still little and will need more and more milk as time goes by so I guess it is an ever-changing process! ETA I don't know what type of pump you have, but give nthe high need with twins you may want to invest in the electric type: my freind has one and it is much faster and more efficient than the hand held one.

Date: 1/2/2009 11:46:35 AM
Date: 1/2/2009 7:12:16 AM

I am BFing mostly. As of right now I haven''t had the time to figure out my pump yet and I NEED sleep, so DH is giving them one bottle of formula at their 11pm ish feeding so I can sleep from their 9pm feeding through till about 2-3am. Which is SO NICE. But soon they''ll be getting pumped milk for that feeding most likely. Anyway, if your baby will happily go from breast to bottle without problems I highly recommend having your DH do a nighttime feed if he''s the type to stay up late/get up early anyway. So nice to get a chunk of sleep.

Boys are sleeping for now, Dexter is laying on my chest (hence why I have 2 hands) and Max is in his pack n'' play in the living room. We''re up for the day already so we are out here letting DH get some sleep.

That sounds great, Neat, and especially with twins it is a huge time committment to BF so it''s great to see it is working out for you! re: snlees comment about supply: I wonder if it is less of an issue with twins to make sure you hit the every 4 hour mark (or more) because they are probably emptying you out completely each time and also probably nursing more often than a singleton?? Just a thought... but they are still little and will need more and more milk as time goes by so I guess it is an ever-changing process! ETA I don''t know what type of pump you have, but give nthe high need with twins you may want to invest in the electric type: my freind has one and it is much faster and more efficient than the hand held one.

Thanks Dreamer. I do have a fancy electric one, I can''t even imagine trying to pump for twins with a handheld one!

dreamer, it''s about supply and demand. If there''s no demand (in the middle of the night) the supply will go down.

NF, BFing one is hard and I can''t imagine two! You''re doing a great job. I would suggest to pump in the morning after you''ve gotten some rest. You can get the most out in the morning since you produce the most milk when you are resting. However with twins, I''m not sure how much you''ll get after you nurse both your boys. Good luck! Stop by the mommy thread and let us know how the pedi appointment goes.

Date: 1/2/2009 1:28:21 PM
Author: snlee
dreamer, it''s about supply and demand. If there''s no demand (in the middle of the night) the supply will go down.
Yeah, I guess this can be an issue for many new moms trying to establish BFing! I was just thinking with a higher demand all the rest of the time because of twins, then maybe missing that one feed wouldn''t be as detrimental to the supply, but your are probably right that it doesn''t matter!

Kay those pictures are BEAUTIFUL. Your little one is gorgeous!

I had a rough day today. Our biweekly checkup at the perinatologist went well, our little one''s blood flow to the brain was healthy and normal [background: I have Rh incompatibility/antibody issues and the baby is checked every other week for signs of anemia.] So I was very happy leaving this morning. Then I got a call this afternoon from my OB saying that my antibody titers went up. The c antibody went from 1:1 (barely measurable) to 1:64 which is not good. I sat in the car and cried. I shouldn''t be that upset, because the baby was doing great this morning, which means that there are no signs that she is being affected. The blood used for the titer levels was drawn two weeks ago, which mean my antibodies have been this high for two weeks now and her ultrasound this morning looked fine. It''s just frustrating to feel so passive -- I just have to sit back and I can''t do anything to make things better which is tough. My anti D level actually went down from 1:16 to 1:8 which is sort of bizarre, but that''s good. That''s my griping for the day...

22w 4d

Date: 1/1/2009 9:57:41 PM
1.gif
Neatfreak: I was wondering how you were doing! Congrats on your twin boys
1.gif
I hope that things are going well!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP