shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

o wow blen -what a relief that eveything is ok though...goodness there are just so many things throughout pregnancy that happen and you can never know just what it is. sorry you had to go through that but again relieved that it isnt anything serious!

Oh wow, Blen, glad to hear you''re ok! I''ve had some round ligament pain that''s been pretty bad, but nothing that''s lasted more than 30 seconds or so. I can''t even imagine driving through that pain!

Blen I'm glad it was nothing! I know that when I have unexplained wierd pains and feelings and start to worry and focus on the pain, it makes it worse, so I bet the shock and worry really exacerbated it! If it happens again, you will know what it might be and perhaps it will pass faster before you have to go all the way to L&D! Alls well that ends well, but man pregnancy s a roller coaster!
40.gif
At least now you know that your cervix is in good shape too, that is nice to know.

ETA good luck tomorrow NYC!!

Blen, that''s just HORRIBLE! But I''m glad it was nothing serious. I hope that doesn''t happen to you again.

Pandora, I''m so glad you and DH felt the baby! That''s such a fun thing, isn''t it?

Hey ladies! Hope everyone had a happy holiday!!

Pave - Glad to hear Tyler''s surgery went well!

Blen - that sounds so scary! Glad it was nothing to worry about.

Everything''s good here. Looking forward to ringing in the new year w/ hubby and dog snuggled on the coach
1.gif
It''s snowing here again! They are calling for only 2 inches, but jeez I hate snow. This is the 3rd time in 2 weeks. Unusual for NJ.

Happy New Year everyone!!!!!
36.gif

Thanks DD...
in waiting room....
Extra nervous...

Blen -- so glad that you are OK! Tell the little one to settle down! Round ligament pain can be awful. I have a lot of pubic bone pain, because the ligaments have relaxed and I have a misaligned pelvis due to a previous pelvic reconstruction surgery. It can be terrible!

So who all is feeling their little one move? I have an anterior placenta and didn''t really start feeling light movement until 20w 4d. Now I''m 22w 2d and I can feel her all of the time! My husband got to feel her for the first time Monday, she has been kicking hard and you can see my whole stomach jump! I absolutely love it, I jabber non-stop about whenever she is moving around or kicking. Does it get old when they''re kicking REALLY hard later on?
2.gif

I have been able to feel it for the last three days - I''ve got a posterior placenta so it makes it easier I think. DH can feel it pretty well if I am lying very still.

Blen, I''m glad it turned out to be nothing, but you did the right thing. One of my friends had appendicitis when she was 29 weeks - she thought it was just constipation or something and only went to the hospital because her husband forced her!

Nycbk, I started buying things a few years ago - things like handmade pique baby clothes with lace edging from Burano in Venice. I bought the cot the week before xmas, and then we were given so many baby things for xmas it seemed stupid not to take advantage of the sales.

I reckon at 20 weeks I am as safe as it''s ever going to be. Having had such a detailed NT scan has made me less worried about the anomaly scan next week.

I also want to enjoy the shopping, which means doing it whilst I can still walk properly - the bump is now so far out in front that I find my balance is off already and bending down is a real effort (joy and I''m only 20 weeks).

Touch wood, but it''s now been 3 days and I haven''t felt sick in the mornings before I take my promethazine. I''m still taking it, but I might see what happens if I try to taper off.

I first felt the fluttering around 18-19 weeks, but I didn''t feel real fluid movement until I was almost 21 weeks I think. Now she''s moving around like crazy!! As soon as I ly down for bed she starts doing Tae Bo in my belly. I hope this isn''t an indication of what she''ll be like when she gets here!

I felt the first flutters at about 17 weeks but it wasn''t strong and constant until about 22 weeks. Now I feel more roiling aorund that outright kicking. I think our baby is pretty laid back, knock wood. The baby has been in the same position for weeks and weeks: head down, facing my right side. So I feel hiccups down in my lower left, and I feel little punches in my lower right and kicks in my uper right under the ribs. Nothing hurts, more like uncomfortable.

And no, it hasn''t gotten old yet!
2.gif

31w 3d

Thanks, guys! Pandora, that makes me feel better. And triage did assign me level 2, and I saw from the chart that level 1 is unresponsive, so I think they were taking it pretty seriously too. A L&D nurse later mentioned that no one was offering me anything to drink b/c they''d want me to be as close to NPO as possible if I needed surgery. And then it was just RLP. So she brought me a huge thing of apple juice.
3.gif
It''s bothering me a teensy bit this morning, but the CNM warned me that doing things like rolling over in bed could reaggrevate it. She suggested fetal position plus heat if it gets bad.

nycbk - so you should know by now, right?! I''m anxiously waiting for you to get back with us! I can''t believe how far along you are. By the way, does your user name stand for anything in particular?

Pandora - glad to hear that the m/s may be easing up. The baby clothing sounds lovely.

Courtney - I''m telling my husband that your baby GIRL is a ninja too. He''s convinced that ninja baby = boy.
20.gif

Well ladies...my combo is complete...BOY and GIRL!

We are soooo excited I can''t tell u..the scan was an hour long! And I couldn''t enjoy it much bc I had to pee sooo bad...boy was being a brat and sitting with legs crossed most of the time so she couldn''t get all kinds of measurements so I have to come back in 2weeks and redo that part along with details of the heart bc its still too early...I still can''t believe it!

WOOOOOOO!!
36.gif
36.gif

Date: 12/31/2008 11:17:48 AM
Author: nycbkgirl
Well ladies...my combo is complete...BOY and GIRL!

We are soooo excited I can''t tell u..the scan was an hour long! And I couldn''t enjoy it much bc I had to pee sooo bad...boy was being a brat and sitting with legs crossed most of the time so she couldn''t get all kinds of measurements so I have to come back in 2weeks and redo that part along with details of the heart bc its still too early...I still can''t believe it!
YAY NYCBK!!! I am soooo excited for you! What great news right before the new year!
36.gif

Thanks!
Yeh im really happy its new yrs and I can be calm and everyone can be excited and happy. Dh has to work tonite so he won''t be home but he said this made his new years (he really wanted a boy)..my mom asked if she can finally tell everyone since she will be calling family for new yrs..so I agreed. Still surreal!

nyc CONGRATS on a boy and a girl!! you and your DH must be SOOOO happy!

nycb, congrats on the boy and girl! How fun!

nyc - congrats on boy/girl combo!!!!

nyc, congrats on the boy and girl! How exciting!

How fun NYC! So will this be it for you, since you got one of each? Just curious!

nyc
oh wow, congrats on your boy/girl combo.
how thrilled you and hubby must be.
i can''t believe that you are almost half way there already.

Thanx again everyone...I can''t believe the halfway point is here either lili...everything is so surreal!

DD- we will see how it goes...we still have 2 frozen embies stored away from the ivf procedure...so maybe in a few years try it again...dh thinks it will be like next yr.. I say yeh ok lets see if its so simple with 2..and u want 3 or 4! Lol

One baby was 11oz and the other like 9oz..and they measure about 4 days behind which she said is totally normal for twins..cervix was 3.9 which is great. Everything else looked great..all organs and all. So happy this is on new years and we can celebrate together. We told my cousin and she told her father right away who called my mom and started complaining why he wasn''t told?!..im like excuse me?? You will be told when I am ready to tell you..and of course the first ? Was...I don''t recall we have any twins in our family?...grrrr .back to my frustration with this question!

Great news on all accounts NYC! Yay!

Happy New Years everyone! I can''t imagine what changes we will all be facing in the upcoming year! So exciting!

NYC, congrats on getting one of each in one shot!

How exciting nyc, a boy and a girl, That''s awesome!!!
36.gif

nycbkgirl, congratulations on the exciting news for the New Year!

Date:
12/31/2008 4:39:36 PM
Author: nycbkgirl

Thanx again everyone...I can''t believe the halfway point is here either lili...everything is so surreal!

DD- we will see how it goes...we still have 2 frozen embies stored away from the ivf procedure...so maybe in a few years try it again...dh thinks it will be like next yr.. I say yeh ok lets see if its so simple with 2..and u want 3 or 4! Lol

One baby was 11oz and the other like 9oz..and they measure about 4 days behind which she said is totally normal for twins..cervix was 3.9 which is great. Everything else looked great..all organs and all. So happy this is on new years and we can celebrate together. We told my cousin and she told her father right away who called my mom and started complaining why he wasn''t told?!..im like excuse me?? You will be told when I am ready to tell you..and of course the first ? Was...I don''t recall we have any twins in our family?...grrrr .back to my frustration with this question!

Congratulations, nyc! I don''t read this thread regularly. I came over to read about neatfreak''s twins because she is a friend and I got very absorbed in the thread, however. Your story is wonderful, but all the stories here are! I love the pictures of blenheim! I can''t believe all the "brides" I know who are now here pregnant! If one doesn''t come here, one misses out on a lot of important posters'' pregnancies! There should be a place besides this where the pregnancies or perhaps births are at least announced, although not followed!

Deborah
34.gif

Aww, thanks Deborah.
1.gif
In terms of announcements, this might be what you''re looking for. It''s not always 100% up to date with new pregnancies though.

And Happy New Year, everyone! It''s now our babies'' birth year.
9.gif

That''s right blen..may the year of the ox bring us lots of healthy babies and all things great!

Thanks again everyone for the congrats ...

Happy new year!

Happy New Year mamas to be!!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP