shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Pandora, that is such crap about your employers. They are just plain conniving sending that on Christmas Eve! I look forward to seeing the conclusion of all this.

Blen, wow! Is that common at 25 weeks?

DH and I bought paint and flooring for the nursery yesterday. Is it safe for me to paint? It''s Behr brand and I''m thinking with open windows and doors and a fan, I should be fine. I also have a mask, but prefer not to wear it if I don''t need to. Thoughts?

Date: 12/29/2008 9:55:57 AM
Author: Courtneylub

DH and I bought paint and flooring for the nursery yesterday. Is it safe for me to paint? It''s Behr brand and I''m thinking with open windows and doors and a fan, I should be fine. I also have a mask, but prefer not to wear it if I don''t need to. Thoughts?

I have no colostrom (I just squeezed my (*)(*) to see! LOL!!), I think some women get it early and others don''t. As for painting, if it is latex (i.e., water-based) and the room is WELL ventilated it should be fine, but you can also just supervise your DH if you want to be super careful.

31w 1d

Date: 12/28/2008 10:27:09 PM
Author: nycbkgirl
...so I take it things are going well with you and progressing?..when are the doc updates on what''s going on?

I don''t really have an update yet, as my next u/s isn''t until Friday. At this point we''re just staying hopeful that things are progressing as normal.

Fiery, this will be the first grandchild for my parents and the first great grand child for my grandma, so I guess I was really expecting some excitement, but I''m okay with them not being that excited. Dh''s family more than made up for it too, especially today. They were all about the circle of life and how even though we lost his grandma (who lived a wonderful 92 healthy years), she will be with all of us still.

Blen, I would be so tempted to play with those things too! Although, if it leaks, that could be really annoying for the next 15 weeks!

Pandora, your employers (ex) make me so angry. Glad they weren''t able to ruin your holiday!

Courtney, what color are you painting? THat is so fun, although I would totally be telling dh to do it while I supervise!

DD, just don''t post a pic of you doing that ok? LOL

Sabine, I would be disappointed at the lack of reaction too, but then I''d remember that it''s not about them at all! I bet you''re so anxious to get to that appointment next week. It seems like you''re staying positive and that''s fantastic.

We are painting it a very very pale pink, almost white with just a hint of pink. I''m decorating the nursery with old fashioned cupcakes. I really enjoy painting so I kind of wanted that to be my thing. DH is doing everything else including expanding the closet, pulling up the carpet and laying wood flooring. I have to be careful of one thing though: my SIL told me when she painted her nursery, she left a white stripe across the wall from her belly. LOL

Date: 12/29/2008 9:55:57 AM

Pandora, that is such crap about your employers. They are just plain conniving sending that on Christmas Eve! I look forward to seeing the conclusion of all this.

DH and I bought paint and flooring for the nursery yesterday. Is it safe for me to paint? It's Behr brand and I'm thinking with open windows and doors and a fan, I should be fine. I also have a mask, but prefer not to wear it if I don't need to. Thoughts?

We just bought paint Friday to paint our master bedroom (was in the plan before baby came along!), and we ended up getting the Freshaire paint from Home Depot. It's one of the only brands with no VOCs in the paint or the tint, so it supposedly doesn't have any odor. It was pricier than the standard paint ($~38/gallon), but cheaper than Sherwin Williams (which is where we bought our paint for the rest of the house), or other VOCs. We figured that in the master bedroom, I didn't want to be inhaling the fumes every night, since those fumes linger for days, especially in winter. I also 'get' to help with the painting in there now...yay...

For the baby's room, we'll probably do the regular paint, and DH will probably do the painting himself. Personally, I hate painting, so getting the stuff I can help with for the master was my compromise so DH can do the baby's room! But, we'll have to wait until Spring to decide on anything so ventillation is an option!

16w1d

Date: 12/29/2008 7:20:35 AM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 12/29/2008 7:18:10 AM
Author: Blenheim

Date: 12/28/2008 11:51:30 PM

Date: 12/28/2008 11:16:08 PM

Author: Blenheim

Pandora, that''s even worse (if possible). Grrrrr. I haven''t seen the Green parenting book, but would love more information/a review when you get the chance. Sounds like it might be up my alley.

Breaking news: I''m producing colostrum!! Woohooo.
3.gif

25w3d
Blen, how did you find out you were producing?
If my breasts are compressed, some comes out. Once I realized this last night I kept pulling them out, squeezing them, and being like ''eeeee milk''. Hubby says that I''m not allowed to keep doing this today while I''m at work, although I can''t imagine why not.
2.gif
Lol, besides the obvious, hubby is right, you shouldn''t do this in your situation because nipple stimulation has been linked with preterm labor. So keep those hands away girl!
Dang it, I forgot about that. I''ll admit to sneaking to a bathroom stall once or twice during work today cause it''s just so cool. No sound effects at work, though. Haha. Must. Stop. Squeezing. (*)(*).

Courtney, your nursery sounds like it''s going to be so pretty.

hi guys! Quick drive by to tell you all Tyler''s surgery is complete! He did very well and is currently in the cardiac intensive care unit. He looks great so far and we are beyond relieved. Thank you all so much for your good wishes and support! Bbl.

Date: 12/29/2008 8:27:36 PM
Author: pavelover
hi guys! Quick drive by to tell you all Tyler's surgery is complete! He did very well and is currently in the cardiac intensive care unit. He looks great so far and we are beyond relieved. Thank you all so much for your good wishes and support! Bbl.
Thanks for the update pave. Glad it went well, sending prayers to Tyler and hugs to you Mom.

Pave, so glad to hear that things went well!

Pandora, I can''t believe how awful your employer is!

I had my 3rd appointment today and everything looks good. The doc found baby''s hb immediately with the doppler. I''ve been noticing that it''s easier and easier as time goes on to find it with my home one as well. I was kind of worried that I''d have gained a lot of weight due to all of the holiday eating, but I actually haven''t gained anything since my last appointment which puts me smack in the middle of the recommended weight gain for the 1st tri. Woohoo! It''s crazy though since I''ve eaten way more during the Christmas season in the last few weeks than I did over Thanksgiving which was right before my last appointment. This was the 2nd doctor I''ve seen at the practice (last time I had the NP) and so far I really love them all! My appointment was at 11:30 and they were running late so I was worried that we''d be rushed out the door, but the doc didn''t rush us at all and gave really detailed explanations about everything I asked. I got my Rx for the big u/s and it''s scheduled for 18 weeks which is 1/31. That sounds so soon! Next appointment is on groundhog''s day. I made it clear that we don''t want to know the sex and the doc said that the u/s techs don''t even put the sex in the file, so there should be no chance of a slip up later on. Whew! I was worried about that. I also asked when they consider the second trimester to start and he said 13 weeks, so it looks like I''m officially in the 2nd tri now!

13w2d

Pave SO SO happy to hear that!!! Do you know how long he''ll have to be in the hospital for?

Pave, so good to hear!

Edited cause I accidentally hit submit - Robbie, welcome to the 2nd tri! That's exciting.

pave, so glad to hear Tyler's surgery went well. I hope he has a fast recovery. Hugs to you! Thanks for the update.

Great news pave! Any idea how long it will be until you can take him home?

Great news Pave.
Any ideas how long Tyler will be at the hospital?
Hope his recovery is short.

Great news Pave
36.gif

So relieved for you Pave! Yay!

OMG, Robbie, I can''t believe you''ll be at 18w by the end of the month! That''s crazy!

Great great news pave! So happy to hear it went so well..please keep us updated and I home little tyler is healthy and home real soon :))

Robbie- good news that doc went well and that u like the doc bc that''s very important..time really is flying by ...I guess bc we are preggo in the midst of so many holidays and things...but im glad its flying..even though everyone says savor this time now lol...I still can''t wait til they are here in real life ;)

My anatomy scan is tomorrow..can''t believe that day is finally here either! Will update you all as soon as I get back..hopefully will have lots of good news for the new year ;)

<----19w2d

WOW NYCBK 19 weeks already? Time flies! Good luck with the appt. Are you hoping for one of each?

My personal question of the day:

We''re having issues in the intimacy department (TMI I know). My FI is so afraid that we''ll "hurt" the baby that he has no interest in doing anything at all. I sent him off to do some research explaining that he will *not* "hurt" the baby which was a huge mistake. He came back with an article that said you can spot/bleed after sex. Now he''s even more afraid. I try not to press the issue too much because it isn''t all about me but at the same time I''m kind of feeling down about it. Any advice?

Date: 12/30/2008 10:32:46 AM
Author: fieryred33143
WOW NYCBK 19 weeks already? Time flies! Good luck with the appt. Are you hoping for one of each?

We''re having issues in the intimacy department (TMI I know). My FI is so afraid that we''ll ''hurt'' the baby that he has no interest in doing anything at all. I sent him off to do some research explaining that he will *not* ''hurt'' the baby which was a huge mistake. He came back with an article that said you can spot/bleed after sex. Now he''s even more afraid. I try not to press the issue too much because it isn''t all about me but at the same time I''m kind of feeling down about it. Any advice?
My DH doesn''t have this issue but I know many other men who do. It is probably hard to change his mind since it is an irrational fear and its hard to counter irrational fears. All I can say is that you guys may need to be intimate in other ways that don''t involve penetration--like highschool again! LOL!...no harm is caused by female climax, though it can cause harmless uterine contractions... just don''t tell him that
2.gif

Hey, maybe you should have him come to your next doctor appointment and ask the doctor about it. The Doc will say "No worries!" Maybe that will work?

Date: 12/30/2008 10:44:01 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 12/30/2008 10:32:46 AM
Author: fieryred33143

We''re having issues in the intimacy department (TMI I know). My FI is so afraid that we''ll ''hurt'' the baby that he has no interest in doing anything at all. I sent him off to do some research explaining that he will *not* ''hurt'' the baby which was a huge mistake. He came back with an article that said you can spot/bleed after sex. Now he''s even more afraid. I try not to press the issue too much because it isn''t all about me but at the same time I''m kind of feeling down about it. Any advice?
My DH doesn''t have this issue but I know many other men who do. It is probably hard to change his mind since it is an irrational fear and its hard to counter irrational fears. All I can say is that you guys may need to be intimate in other ways that don''t involve penetration--like highschool again! LOL!...no harm is caused by female climax, though it can cause harmless uterine contractions... just don''t tell him that
2.gif

Hey, maybe you should have him come to your next doctor appointment and ask the doctor about it. The Doc will say ''No worries!'' Maybe that will work?
That''s what I was thinking. In our first appointment the doctor said very briefly that all normal activites, including sex, was fine to continue. We''ve been able to get intimate maybe 3 or 4 times since finding out and after he''ll ask me 100 times if I''m ok, if I''m in pain, is the baby ok, do I need to go to the doctor. I can''t help but laugh sometimes LOL

I''m hoping that at our next appointment we can discuss it and he can feel a little more comfortable.

Fiery- yes I am very hopeful it is a boy/girl combo..but I know 1 is a girl definitley so 2 girl wil be quite fine as well ;)..but my niece wants a boy so badly..so it would be fun since there are no boys in my immediate family..we shal see :]

About your ?...we haven''t had "relations" for quite a while...and for me its opposite..dh is fine with dtd..but me..I just don''t want to ...not so much being scared but I really am not in the mood at all!...im not sure how he feels about the situation though lol

But dtd after 1st tri is pretty much fine I have heard so try to have the doc convince him at your next appt ;)..don''t be embarrased to ask dr..I have many times!

I agree with Dreamer. You should have him talk to the doc if he feels uncomfortable. How far along are you? Once I got over my morning sickness and more into the 2nd tri I was all about being intimate in any way possible with my DH
2.gif

Thanks for the comments!

I always forget to add in my weeks. I''m 12w3d today.

I''ll admit that between weeks 4 and 7 I didn''t want anyone to touch me at all due mostly to my headaches and just being tired all the time. I try not to worry about it because I know it isn''t me or that he isn''t attracted anymore. I think he just really is worried. What does worry me though is once I start to show a little more, I think he''ll really not want to do anything period so I''m hoping a conversation with the doctor will put his mind at ease.

I''m sorry your DH feels that way fieryred! My DH loved it when I really started showing - probably because I''ve always been a stick and finally had some curves [read: (*)(*)]
3.gif

O yeh DD forgot about doing all the other "high school" stuff...that''s very true ;)

Date: 12/30/2008 11:01:14 AM
Author: DivaDiamond007
I''m sorry your DH feels that way fieryred! My DH loved it when I really started showing - probably because I''ve always been a stick and finally had some curves [read: (*)(*)]
3.gif
Yeah its a new thing for us since its never been a problem before. He just doesn''t understand that the baby is no where near where he could reach. LOL He felt the bump the other day and said "wow, its right there" and I said no honey, it really isn''t. Maybe its time to buy him some biology books.

As for the highschool stuff-LOL. He does try. He sneaks in when I''m taking a shower almost every day which I know is a huge effort on his behalf since I take hot showers (well now...warm) and he hates warm/hot showers. But I can tell he''s really worried. This is also the same man that doesn''t "allow" me to carry a bottle of soda because "its too heavy". A bottle of soda!!!!
20.gif

that''s too funny fiery...he sounds like a really caring dh..mine still lets me pick up things (not heavy)...but doesn''t let me drink caffeine AT ALL!...they are so sweet and funny with their antics...when the dr talks he listens so that''s my way of teching lol

I guess DH and I should be grateful for the marathon session whilst TTC - because that has been about it since!

First I was banned because of the bleeding, then my m/s was so awful it was the last thing on my mind, and now we''re both so stressed out over my employment situation that it isn''t really on the cards.

That said, we''re both okay with it - which is the most important thing!

I''m 20 weeks today - and can finally feel the baby. It was up to all sorts last night - even DH could feel it.

Next Tuesday I have the big anomaly scan and the scan with the fetal cardio unit two hours later. We also get to find out if it''s a Daisy or an Edward arriving in May.

DH and I bought a few baby-gros (what you all call onesies) in the sales yesterday - I found one with hedgehogs on.
1.gif
DH was having way too much fun playing with the prams. We''re going to find a mega-baby store and go and do some serious testing soon.

Otherwise, I met Olga, my social worker today. She seems very nice and pretty sensible. Also discovered that I have been referred to the perinatal mother & baby team who are there to make sure that the baby and I bond and form attachments properly and will help out if I have a problem that way.

I''m getting slightly overwhelmed by exactly how many people I now have looking after me - I''m going to need an organogram soon to keep track of them all. I am impressed by just what out free healthcare system can do when they pull all the stops out though!

On the employer situation, my brother has had a good look at the latest and thinks I don''t need to worry, and ACAS (a government body that helps in these situations) said it was entirely unreasonable and bullying of them to send me thingson xmas eve and that I have every right to request and get extra time to respond. So I''m feeling a little more cheerful than I was.

Good luck with the scans tomorrow nycbk - hope all goes well and that you get to find out what you are having for definite!

Pave, great news on the surgery going so well - I hope the recovery goes equally well!

Pandora- that''s so cool that you already bought some things for baby..I can''t get myself to do that yet..although I have basically picked out everything I like and just have to order/buy..im still waiting for the time when I feel secure enough that everything is ok to actually start. My sister is waiting for the OK from me to start her shopping (even though she already set up the registry lol)...and yay for 20 wks! I hit that next monday..and I think of it as halfway there ;) ..well for me probably even more than halfway. I hope those bullies of yours get what''s comin to them and stop their nonsense!

is it 9am yet?? Scan time. :))

Self centered and long post coming up...

Suddenly, around 3 pm today, I had awful intense lower right quadrant pain that just wouldn''t go away. I tried to lie on the floor at work and it just made it worse. I tried calling my m/w, with no answer. Called the OB, and they said he''d get back to me, but no answer from him.
40.gif
I finallly got in touch with him and he told me to go to triage to rule out appendicitis and other bad stuff. I started driving to his hospital, but the pain was bad enough that I just decided to go to the closest one instead (and the one that I''m most familiar with). I just went to the ER, because he mentioned appendicitis which isn''t an L&D issue plus I knew where the ER was and was pretty out of it from pain and didn''t want to have to read signs (in retrospect should not have been driving) and because the ER has valet.

The ER wasn''t terribly happy with me for showing up pregnant and in pain there (rather than L&D), and without having an OB with admitting privileges there. After they ruled out appendicitis and decided to transfer me to L&D, they had to go through three different nurses before they found one who knew where L&D was and could wheel me over there. And I had three contractions during triage and the ride over to L&D, which only took about 15 min.

And then, when I finally got over there... nothing. The pain was gone about 5 min after arriving and I had maybe two contractions in the 1.5 hrs I was over there. The nurse had a really hard time finding the heart beat, which wasn''t worrisome b/c the baby was kicking the heck out of her and evidently the fetal monitoring equipment is really made for term babies from what she said. My cervix feels long enough that they didn''t bother with an ultrasound. The CNM on duty said that round ligaments can get aggrevated to the point where it''s completely excrutiating, and even knowing that she freaked out that she had appendicitis a couple times while she was pregnant. So, probable diagnosis is round ligament hellishness.

On the plus side, the nurses in L&D were super nice (good to know if I eventually end up back there!) and the CNM made me feel a bit less ridiculous for going in. But DAMN it hurt!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP