shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Date: 1/5/2009 2:54:32 PM
Author: robbie3982
Hmmm, could've sworn I posted this, but couldn't find it when I looked...

What type of birthing classes are you guys taking and when did you/are you registering for them? I'm thinking I want to try going natural
6.gif
. It's not that I'm opposed to epis and other meds in theory, but I really don't want to feel out of it, I'd like to be able to use the tubs they have available to labor in, be able to get up and walk around and I'm terrified of needles
32.gif
. If the pain got to be so intense that I really couldn't handle it and it outweighed my fear of getting it, I'd be ok with getting it. Since I'm not 100% committed, I'm not sure what to do about classes. I'd like to go into this as prepared as I can be, but I don't want to spend $300 on a class that I might not even use. That's how much the only hypnobabies class offered by me costs. I haven't looked into bradley classes yet, but I imagine they're in a similar price range. Do you think reading books on the methods would be sufficient?
I've been looking into this in my area - sadly they are mainly ultra-natural birth based, although most of the people I have spoken to said they go to meet other soon-to-be-parents and not for the actual classes.

On the needles issue, I've had several epidurals and 4 sets of nerve root injections in my back and I can safely say that they weren't painful just a bit uncomfortable at worst - and you don't see them coming!

Check what your hospital's policy on water births is - mine has a home-from-home birth centre for low-risk hospital births with a garden and two birthing pools. However, if the pools are being used by someone else then you can't use them - it's a first come, first served basis basically.

ETA: If anyone knows of an organisation who runs 'Epi within 10 minutes of getting through the doors and 10 times as much of whatever is on offer than everyone else is getting' child birth classes then I would love to hear about them!
9.gif

Robbie, just wanted to chime in and say that I, too, am terrified of needles! I''ve passed out when needles are involved on more than one occasion! I had an epi and can honestly tell you that getting my IV was WAYYYYYY worse than getting the epi! Epi was a beautiful thing! Sounds like you''re keeping your options open, but wanted to reassure you that it can be done!! And, I would skip a $300 class. I think the most important thing would be to have a good support person.

pandora- also guessin boy! good luck tomorrow
2.gif

court- whats wrong with tuna?? i thought it was ok to eat ?

i really still dont feel much but maybe because im on the heavier side?? DD when did u really start feel baby not just flutterings??

Date: 1/5/2009 5:05:52 PM
Author: nycbkgirl
pandora- also guessin boy! good luck tomorrow
2.gif

court- whats wrong with tuna?? i thought it was ok to eat ?

i really still dont feel much but maybe because im on the heavier side?? DD when did u really start feel baby not just flutterings??
Fluttering at 16 weeks, a little more fluttering by 20 weeks, obvious kicks/punches by 23 weeks. I think it is still early for you!

We just signed up for birthing classes today, to start the weekend after next.
23.gif
It was either that or take them at 36w4d and 37w4d, which was cutting it a little close for me. Ours "only" cost $165, but we''re going with classes for homebirthers that don''t go over informed consumerism and intervention stuff. The ones with that were $235, and last a total of 7 weeks.

My midwife really recommended SOMETHING, which could have included the hypnobirthing or hypnobaby CDs on my own (maybe $60?) or some other home study. Honestly, the classes are almost more for hubby than for me, because he doesn''t do the reading I do and doesn''t watch all the birthing movies that I do and I want him to know what to expect during birth. If I didn''t have my m/w there, I would definitely want a doula. In fact, she works as a doula on the side, so I guess I get two in one with her.

If you''re thinking of "Birthing from Within", I''d recommend checking out the book first and seeing if it looks up your alley. It''s pretty touchy feely and not as informative, which could be perfect or horrible for you. I''ve been enjoying reading the book, but don''t think it would help with my educating the hubby.

I don''t know how common this is, but we have a childbirth/infant care education place in town that will lend out birthing movies and books if you''re interested in checking out different things. My m/w also has a small library, and I borrowed Birthing from Within from her.

Epidurals make my blood pressure drop to the point where I pass out, which is one reason I want to go natural. I''ve had this happen 4 times so far.
5.gif
I have a feeling that that''s a rare side effect, however. The needle going in really isn''t that painful.

I''ve spoken with enough moms who use CDs for newborns and haven''t found it to be too much of a hassle that I''m comfortable just going with those at first. I mean, the store''s right there if we get desperate for disposables.

Lunches... I mostly take leftovers. If we''re out of leftovers, I like making a big salad with lots of greens and spinach and tomatoes and red peppers and maybe a serving of tuna or other meat and some bread on the side- then I definitely get in enough veggies for the day! I take fruit for snacks during the day, or sometimes caprese.

NYCBK - tuna''s a big fish so it has higher mercury levels. Not high enough that you shouldn''t eat any at all, but high enough that you should limit your consumption to something like 1-2 servings a week. (Anyone know the exact number? I don''t worry about it too much because I never really feel like going over 1.)

Pandora - baby''s getting stronger and stronger, and some movements this weekend were pretty uncomfortable for me. Yikes. I''m guessing boy for you too, but have no idea why.

I''m already getting uncomfortable enough that I don''t want to think about what the next 3 months are going to be like. I just could not fall asleep last night.
26w4d

PS. When does the third tri start?

DD- I am 20 wks today and don''t even feel much fluttering..I felt it more around 17 18 weeks but now belly is bigger and I don''t feel much..weird??

Blen- thanks..I only eat tuna once in a while ..so glad that''s still ok..and I eat lunch meats more often which I know I shouldn''t but can''t help it..im jealous u eat so healthy lol...I eat junk a lot..pizza etc.

Pandora,

I''m going to guess girl, simply because I think it''d be lovely for you to have a daughter every bit as pretty as you are. Your wedding pictures were BREATH TAKING!!!

(And, well because I like girls, so I usually vote that way!)
9.gif
9.gif

Hope the appt. goes wonderfully. Can''t wait to hear what it''ll be!!

And I would eat tuna practically everyday because it was so easy. It''s not enough for me now anyway. I would have to eat 2 cans to be satisfied...ha.

Oh ok Court..I thought u weren''t eating tuna bc its not allowed ..I love subway tuna melts (foot long of course lol)..mmmmm

I''m back and... it''s a GIRL!!!!

10/10 for Fisher and Mela (come to think of it where is Mela?????)

DH and I were in shock we were so sure it was a boy, but both the radiographer and the consultant who was there too were 100% and there were definitely 3 white lines and no ''bits'' anywhere.

DH''s first words: ''Oh heck, now I''ll have to pay for a wedding!''
9.gif

There was no sign of cleft palate and the heart looked fine (I had a separate fetal cardio scan in the Children''s Hospital at 12pm). Everything was also spot on for dates.

The baby wasn''t too happy about being scanned - very wriggly and kept putting her hands over her face.

The only downside is that I have a very low-lying posterior placenta, so I have another scan booked at 35 weeks to make sure that it has moved up higher. Apparently it nearly always does, so I''m not worrying about it.

Here''s a pic:

pan21wkscan.jpg

Yay Pandora!!! Welcome to the Girl club!!!

What a gorgeous profile!!!

What an adorable little girl!

Yay pandora..welcome to the girly club...girls rule ;)..but how''d we all get that one wrong lol..o well ..bad guessers :)..so glad all is well..mela is still in mexico that lucky girl.

Twice now in the last week or two I''ve had this weird muscle spasm/twitchy feeling for a couple seconds right above my pubic bone on the right side. It kind of felt like an eye twitch, but much shorter. Is it possible to feel movement this early???

14w3d

Date: 1/6/2009 1:03:10 PM
Author: robbie3982
Twice now in the last week or two I''ve had this weird muscle spasm/twitchy feeling for a couple seconds right above my pubic bone on the right side. It kind of felt like an eye twitch, but much shorter. Is it possible to feel movement this early???

14w3d

It''s possible, but it''s probably ligaments stretching...

Oh Damn Pandora!

I would have won that "bet." I passed out before replying but knew you were going to have a girl. And I showed your bump photo to my mom who said "she''s having a girl." LOL

Congrats on your princess!! And beautiful u/s picture!

congrats pandora!!! So jealous you''re on the girl team
9.gif

Pandora, I missed your post somehow before. CONGRATS!!! So exciting!

Yay Congrats Pandora
36.gif
36.gif

pandora CONGRATS!!! you and your DH must be so happy and shocked as well!

Congratulations pandora! Even though it''s a shock (I know the feeling), it''s very exciting!

Congrats Pandora! Now you get to start planning the nursery! I can''t wait to do that!

I''ve been having such weird, vivid dreams lately. Last night I was dreaming about a babymoon with dh that included me yelling at other guests, kids feeding doritos to fish-tank fish, dh and I going on this lazy river tour thing that ended up opening to a tributary where there were sharks and eels
23.gif
, and the maids constantly being in our room cleaning when I wanted to sleep. Apparently water/ocean/waves are things I dream about a lot now! Anyone else having common weird dreams?

Date: 1/6/2009 3:08:10 PM
Author: Sabine
Congrats Pandora! Now you get to start planning the nursery! I can't wait to do that!

I've been having such weird, vivid dreams lately. Last night I was dreaming about a babymoon with dh that included me yelling at other guests, kids feeding doritos to fish-tank fish, dh and I going on this lazy river tour thing that ended up opening to a tributary where there were sharks and eels
23.gif
, and the maids constantly being in our room cleaning when I wanted to sleep. Apparently water/ocean/waves are things I dream about a lot now! Anyone else having common weird dreams?

Anyone else either want doritos or those cheese fish snacks after reading this?

rotflmao2.gif

That was a weird dream Sabine! As for weird dreams, I only have baby related dreams. The weirdest one was where my dad (who passed away years ago) came by the apartment we used to live in NY
33.gif
and kept asking me to take a picture of the baby. And I was yelling at him because I didn't have a camera and he could have easily just looked inside the crib. And then all of this other weird random stuff including him taking out this beautiful garnet set and telling me that it belongs to my grandmother but it should be mine (garnet is my birthstone).

Off to the vending machine!

ETA: for you from dreammoods.com (for some reason they put random ? in their explanations)

Water
To see water in your dream, symbolizes your unconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment. If the water is calm, clear, then it signifies that you are in tune with your spirituality. It denotes serenity, peace of mind, and rejuvenation. If you are splashed by water, then it represents your need to be revitalized and more expressive. To dream that water is boiling, suggests that you are expressing some emotional turmoil. It also may mean that feelings from your unconscious are surfacing and ready to be acknowledged.?You need to let out some steam.

Ocean
To see an ocean in your dream, represents the state of your emotions and feelings. It is indicative of some spiritual refreshment, tranquility and renewal.?
To see clear, calm waves in your dream, signify a calm state of mind and tranquil emotions. It may also signal an important decision to be made.
Waves
To hear waves crashing in your dream, indicates tenderness and relaxation. It also brings about feelings of sensuality and sexuality.

~~Apparently you are very in touch with your emotions girl!

Congrats Pandora!!! That''s so exciting!!
36.gif

Pandora congrats! I love having a little girl and so will you!

Ny, a boy AND a girl! How perfect! Congrats!!!

Thank you my dears!

Now what am I going to do with all those blue babygros I bought last weekend?
9.gif

Fiery, just out of interest what made your mother say girl? I''ve had people here tell me it''s definitely a boy because it''s all in the front...

DH''s team at work had a trip to see The Nutcracker at the Royal Ballet tonight - complete with tour back-stage. I''d only seen it on television before and it was very pretty. DH is a complete philistine and doesn''t ''get'' ballet at all, so he was delighted to tell me that now I''ll be able to go with our daughter not him.

Just let him wait till he finds out how much baby ballet shoes, tutus and dance-classes are going to cost him...
9.gif

Robbie, it could be. I didn''t feel anything at all and then suddenly at 20 weeks I could and there was no mistaking it at all.

Pandora-She said that your belly was "nice and round" and she thinks more pointy bellies are boys. She also said you had a "girl glow".

33.gif
My mom''s little sayings and her way of determining sex are kind of weird.

Date: 1/6/2009 6:15:34 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Pandora congrats! I love having a little girl and so will you!

Ny, a boy AND a girl! How perfect! Congrats!!!
thanks
9.gif

Pandora, congrats on a girl!!!!

Fiery - I have possibly the most pointy belly ever, so even more towards the boy side for me. We''ll see - I''m not too sure about that.

Date: 1/6/2009 6:49:58 PM
Author: fieryred33143
Pandora-She said that your belly was ''nice and round'' and she thinks more pointy bellies are boys. She also said you had a ''girl glow''.

33.gif
My mom''s little sayings and her way of determining sex are kind of weird.
I don''t know about that! I had a nice round belly and had a boy!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP