shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Robbie, you look beautiful.

Can I ask, does that mean you are 14 weeks 5 days pregnant, why don''t you list in months?

Robbie- OMG, you are just the cutest preggo thing! Not only is your bump adorable, but you look so cute in your boots and sweater. Ok, I hope I look as good as you when I start growing. I am pretty slim normally, but am pretty convinced I am going to blow up like Britney Spears. No reason for thinking that, except I like Cheetoes.
9.gif

NYC- Glad your guy is only going to dinner. Please post bump pics! I''m dying to see a twin preggo bump.

I don''t really have any pics yet- I took one at 6w just for comparison, but nothing to see there. I think I finally have gotten the bloat thing this week (or all I ate during the holidays has caught up to me) but I don''t really have a belly yet. Though it''s definitely not as flat as it was a few weeks ago. It''s weird that I can''t really suck my tummy in like I used to!

I am pretty ready not to be so tired anymore. I feel bad for DH, I never feel like doing anything. We are going to watch the game tonight at a bar for a friend''s birthday and I am just dreading it. Which is sad, I am a HUGE college football fan and really want to watch the game- but from my couch with my sweatpants and some food. Not at some stinky loud bar- it isn''t even a sports bar but some weird dance place. Ugh. And I haven''t felt like drinking at all, the smell of wine grosses me out, but pretending NOT to drink is exhausting!!!!! My DH has been helping me by switching my wine glass when his gets low but the other night as I was driving us home, he said "That''s it, I can''t drink for two anymore." Poor guy was totally drunk b/c he had to drink all of my wine on top of his!
26.gif
At least I can be his designated driver.

9w5d

Date: 1/8/2009 6:08:54 PM
Author: Steel
Robbie, you look beautiful.

Can I ask, does that mean you are 14 weeks 5 days pregnant, why don''t you list in months?

Pregnancy is usually measured in weeks. Months don''t always have a consistent number of weeks, so it makes it more confusing if you measure in months.

Re: the week thing. It confused me too, but it makes sense now that I am preggo. What Neat said, plus the fact that there are pretty big differences week to week. For example, I am in my 3rd month, but what changes happen to the little one between say week 6 and week 9 were pretty monumental. So it doesn''t really tell you a lot to be in your third month, but it does to be in week 9 versus week 12. At least to me! That''s just my interpretation, not scientific at all.

Thanks ladies!

Blen, I can''t believe you''re almost 3rd tri! Holy cow! When was your last belly pic? I think we need an update!

NYC, can''t wait to see your MOH belly shots! I hope my velour pants don''t get too tight. I might cry. I''m hoping I can wear them to and home from the hospital cause they''re so comfy. I think people who know me can tell now (though no coworkers who haven''t been told have asked, but they''re mostly men), but to most others I probably just look like I had a lot of fun eating over the holidays.

Thanks, Steel! Ditto what Neat and China said about the weeks vs. months thing.

China, I''m sure your bump will look adorable! I''m definitely gaining all over. I''m really noticing it in my hips and butt. I think I need to buy bigger undies soon
8.gif
. LOL about the wine switching! When are you guys planning to spill the beans?

Date: 1/8/2009 4:32:27 PM
Author: robbie3982
I wanna post a belly pic!

14w5d:
To cute, you look great Robbie!!!!
36.gif

Robbie-

Well you aren''t huge at all, but I think it''s pretty clear you''ve got a little one on board- the rest of you looks pretty small to me! I keep hearing that about the butt and thighs. Something to look forward to.
23.gif
All I wear is my Juicy sweatpants so I am also hoping I can wear them throughout. I have two sizes, so hopefully the bigger ones will last! We have told my immediate family and my best friends, but no one else and no one that lives in my city. We aren''t going public till 12 or 13 weeks- so a few more weeks of fake drinking or claiming illness or something. The problem is, those that know me know I rarely turn down a glass of wine, sick or not. We have another wedding next weekend that will be hard, and then we are going to NYC- which would be terribly difficult, but I am going to tell the friends that we are going to visit- one of them is pregnant, and the other one would NEVER buy me not drinking for an entire weekend.

Has anyone seen a onesie that says "Nobody puts Baby in the corner"??? I heard of it, and I think I want to get one for a friend for a baby shower gift. Let me know if anyone has seen one anywhere. Thanks!

When does the third tri start? Google yesterday told me 26-28 weeks. Tomorrow is exactly 3 months to my EDD, so 27 weeks sounds about right to me. February is a shorter month though.

Last pic posted was Christmas Eve. I''m off to take another. I''ve popped a bit more.

Ahem, ahem, attention please! Sabine has an announcement to make! I have, officially, gone through one afternoon from 3 PM to 7 PM with minimal to no nausea for the FIRST TIME since 4.5 weeks ago!

Haha, thank you for your attention, that is all.

Seriously, this has to be one of the best nights. The constant nausea and not being able to move off the couch for those hours has been wearing really thin. A LOT of foods still taste weird to me, but I''m so happy to be able to do simple things, like reach for a kleenex, get up to go to the bathroom, and even take the dog out without fighting off crushing waves of nausea.

I can''t wait to see NYC''s moh shot and Blen''s update! I definitely don''t have a bump yet, just an extra layer of pudge =(.

Wooohooo Sabine!

I decided to be daring and go with a bare belly shot.

27w0d.jpg

Blen - I've read 28 weeks is the technical start of the 3rd trimester. I can't believe you're 27 weeks already! In just 3 weeks, I'll be where you are! How does it feel knowing you've just got 10-13 weeks until baby is here??

Robbie - You look great, but I know just how you feel. I feel the weight gain has been mostly in my arms, for some reason! I do feel it in my butt and thighs too, but man...my arms feel huge.

I still wear my pre-pregnancy velours and I just love them. They are snug, but oh well!

Regarding the weeks vs. months, I really don't know what to tell people when they ask how far along I am. For example, I'm 24 weeks today which would make people say "ok, you're 6 months along". But that's on the 10 month scale. I still have about 4 months to go. If I actually count the full months, it's been 5. Last period was end of July, so there's August, Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec.....5 months. 4 months left until due date of April 30th, which makes 9 months. It's confusing! Someone asked me today and I said 5 1/2 months...ha!

ETA: Blen! LOVE your 27 week belly!!

Oh! And I got my Moby in the mail today. In my opinion, it''s comfortable carrying 25 lbs, although I''m not sure if it would continue to be comfortable for long. You see, once DH realized what was going on, he made me stop it.

MobyDylan.jpg

I am cracking up over here!

woo hoo blen! what a cute cute bump!!! im still waiting for that kinda fullness
4.gif
...u look great mama! so i guess u are in the 3rd tri ..getting closer and closer
9.gif

China- i would love to get a onsie like that...that is my all time fave movie and my family would get a kick outta that one!! if u find it let me know
2.gif

Thanks Neat, China & Robbie. That make more sense! I was wondering, but you can hardly ask IRL!

OMG blen- u are hysterical..thats the cutest pic LOL

Thanks! And I had to make sure that the wrap worked properly.
12.gif

Nybck, you must really be popping out, with two in there! My belly''s looked very pointy until recently and is finally filling out.

Courtney, I get really confused when I think about months too, for the same reasons. And everyone seems to say something different about trimesters. I can handle weeks, so maybe I''ll just stick to those.
9.gif
It''s a little surreal that the baby''s actually going to be here sometime relatively soon. I''m not sure if I entirely believe it.

blen- if i was as skinny as most of u , i would probably be popping out like crazy but honestly its not that bad ..that makes me worry lol...but in the moh dress im pretty poppin lol..i will def have those pics posted
2.gif

btw- dh is now all nice and doesnt say a word about the earlier incident..he knows better lol
3.gif

Yay, Sabine!

Blen, your bump is too cute! If it wouldn''t get fur all over it I''d total do that with our cats when we get one.

Yay Sabine for a few hours peace!

Blen- seriously laughing out loud at your Moby pic. I would probably try that too, but my fur baby is 85 lbs! Love that your DH "caught" you. And your belly pic is adorable! You look like you''re all belly.

NYC- Ok, will let you know if I find that onesie!

Blenheim and Robbie, you both look great!

Sabine, congrats on feeling better today!

nyc, I''m glad your DH came around.

LL, glad to "see" you here. congrats on the HB

China, I hope you have/had fun at the game tonight. And I hope your energy returns soon!

Pandora, congrats on finding out you''re having a girl! My DH and I also thought we were having a boy and it took a little while to wrap our heads around the girl idea but we''re thrilled about it. hope you are too!

cdt, hope your head''s feling better today.

I''m totally over the 3rd trimester today and I still have 10 weeks left
39.gif
My sciatic nerve pain is awful, I have terrible heartburn, and I''m finding sitting AND walking/standing really painful.... I''m finding that some days are okay and others are just not so fun. I had such an easy time until now so I know I should be thankful. I had hoped it would be easy until the very last few weeks. On top of that, I''ve been feeling very nervous about being a good wife, a good mom, AND a good professional... It seems very daunting and I know it''ll work out but my emotions are all over the place about it. I''m also finding that as excited as I am about this baby and how our lives will change, I''m kind of mourning the loss of my life as I know it now as well. Last night I was all tearful and sad about having to share DH... I know it''s selfish but I''ve been his one and only for so long and the idea of having another family member for him to focus on is a little hard. In some respects I want the rest of the pregnancy to go really slow so that I can relish every moment I have alone with him and in others, I hope it flies by so that I can stop worrying about it already and just deal with it. I guess I''m just being a silly emotional pregnant lady today. oh well.

sorry I missed some folks above but I hope you''re all having a good night!

Mrs
30 weeks tomorrow

Gorgeous bump shots Robbie and Blen!

CC - you may be lucky like I have been and not put any weight on your backside and thighs. I''m 21 weeks and still wearing my pre-pg jeans no problem at all (low-waisted ones obviously!). My problem is finding tops long enough to go over the bump!

Off to see the midwives this afternoon and see if they have any bright ideas about my back. It''s totally gone at a different level to normal and I''ve had really bad hip and rib pain for about 2 weeks now and my left leg is dragging and won''t bend properly the way it did before the surgery again. I am so not a nice person to live with as my pain killers aren''t really helping and I''m not allowed to take my usual emergency back-up combo so I''m horribly bad-tempered and argumentative. And, my orthopaedic corset won''t fit over the bump. Grrrrrr.

Just to make my day - my employers have sent me an email this morning to say that they will be cutting my pay to $100 a week at the end of the month.

I feel your pain Pandora, though mine may not be as great as yours. I have my 24 week appointment today and I know she''ll be referring me to a physical therapist. The pain isn''t like what it was pre-pregnancy with the disc problems. Now I feel a burning type of pain that is anywhere from my upper/middle to lower back. It is not pleasant. I had just a little discomfort right under the ribs and I''m sure that will become more apparant the bigger I get. I''ve also had hip isses on the left side close to my tailbone. If I stand and put more weight on my right leg, and then move my left leg back, I get some pain/discomfort. Same with laying down flat and then switching positions. Ouch.

I''ve definitely gained in the butt/thighs as well as my arms! I was looping the rubberband through my pre-pregnancy jeans when I was at like 10 weeks! I was in maternity pretty early I think. I''m feeling quite chunky in those areas this morning.

hey ladies!!!

Robbie and Blen - such cute bumps!!!

LL - Congrats!!! Sending lots of sticky dust your way!

I finally feel like I have a bump!! I woke up today and feel like i kinda look preggo! Maybe i''ll post a belly shot this weekend
36.gif

No movement yet that i can tell. I mean i feel twinges and pinches lately, but I''m not sure if that''s baby??? Can''t wait to feel him though!

Have a great weekend ladies!!

17w1d

Aww blen and robbie! You guys look so cute. I''m so jealous! It''ll be a very long time before I can post a belly shot that doesn''t look like what I already look like LOL

Can I just vent for a second?

I''m so frustrated with the men at my job. My boss doesn''t get that I''m sick and pregnant and there''s nothing I can do. I''ve tried all the home remedies to get over my cold and nothing. So I took today off to stay home and sleep. My boss called me every 20 minutes. Sleep? Yeah right. I was jumping up to my laptop every time he called. I finally just said ''I''m coming in'' and drove in. When I get here, he and about two guys in my department were chatting. One of the guys makes a comment that really, really upset me although I know he was just trying to be funny. He said "what you think you''re special? Just take some dayquil like the rest of us and stop being a baby"

38.gif

And then of course seeing my face and that hello I really am sick my boss says "you should have just stayed home today"

Really boss?
38.gif

I would''ve said to the dayquil guy "Yeah, and let me just chug a bottle wine to finish off my baby." Seriously though, I would''ve told that idiot off. People have NO CLUE how much worse your sinuses get when pregnant. It''s inhumane!!!

Date: 1/9/2009 8:48:56 AM
Author: Courtneylub
I feel your pain Pandora, though mine may not be as great as yours. I have my 24 week appointment today and I know she''ll be referring me to a physical therapist. The pain isn''t like what it was pre-pregnancy with the disc problems. Now I feel a burning type of pain that is anywhere from my upper/middle to lower back. It is not pleasant. I had just a little discomfort right under the ribs and I''m sure that will become more apparant the bigger I get. I''ve also had hip isses on the left side close to my tailbone. If I stand and put more weight on my right leg, and then move my left leg back, I get some pain/discomfort. Same with laying down flat and then switching positions. Ouch.

I''ve definitely gained in the butt/thighs as well as my arms! I was looping the rubberband through my pre-pregnancy jeans when I was at like 10 weeks! I was in maternity pretty early I think. I''m feeling quite chunky in those areas this morning.
Hi Courtney,

Actually it sounds very similar to mine - and nothing like the disc pain or stenotic pain was either. It really burns in a line about 5 inches deep from the centre of my back in a band that goes right round under my bust to the centre of my front.

The hip one is following the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve path (feels like bruising right along it so it was easy to trace), so I have a feeling that something has gone at the L2 level - maybe I can get a nice nerve-root block or something (Pandora thinks about NHS waiting-lists
29.gif
).

The worst is at night - I can only sleep flat on my back and if I try and turn in the night the pain wakes me up.

Anyway they are referring me to the physios - and I should get an appointment in 6 to 8 weeks. Hooray for quick appointments when preggo (normally it would be 2-3 times as long).

Otherwise everything looked good and the baby''s heart-rate was on target. I also got to see the US report with all the size markers - it''s average size for head circumference, but the femur length was much longer than average. Looks like she will be getting my disproportionately long arms and legs. Luckily my husband is only 5'' 11" (men in my family are all 6'' 5" and upwards) so she may have better luck with clothes than I have - buying trousers when you are 5'' 10" is a nightmare: they''re all too short, and because I don''t have a long body none of the clothes for tall people fit me - the waist is somewhere round my boobs always!

I also just happened to bump into the midwife from the psychiatric team - I hadn''t met her before, but she knew all my case history and we ended up having a really useful chat. She also told me not to stint on the painkillers - they had loads of patients on way more meds than I was on and had never had any problems. Pandora goes on a hunt for that codeine bottle...
27.gif

Fiery, I''m so sorry about your boss - whilst pregnancy isn''t an illness, I don''t think people often remember that a) you can still get normal illnesses and b) sometimes pregnancy can cause very serious illness and c) whilst some people bloom, others feel like death warmed up!

When my m/s was really, really bad - throwing up 20+ times a day I was ready to thump the next person that suggested I eat a ginger biscuit!

Date: 1/8/2009 8:34:07 PM
Author: Blenheim
Oh! And I got my Moby in the mail today. In my opinion, it''s comfortable carrying 25 lbs, although I''m not sure if it would continue to be comfortable for long. You see, once DH realized what was going on, he made me stop it.

9.gif
too cute.
and what a cute belly.
it looks like it''s starting to fill in :)

Fiery- ugh I would not have been picking up the phone! If you have the day off they shouldn''t be able to contact you!! I would have been soooo pissed...they must be totally lost without you there...sorry you couldn''t relax
7.gif
feel better

Robbie--
how adorable you are with your belly in that skirt and boots!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP