shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Pandora,

Yay! You''re gonna be a mommy to a little girl!! Congratulations.
9.gif
9.gif
She''s gonna be a cutie, for sure.

Too funny about your DH first comment. That cracks me up!!

Are you still shocked?

Nyc,

One of each. How awesome is that?
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I''m so excited just thinking of how cute it will be to have two little ones playing and getting into things together. Yay for babies!!!

Date: 1/6/2009 9:29:58 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
Pandora,

Yay! You''re gonna be a mommy to a little girl!! Congratulations.
9.gif
9.gif
She''s gonna be a cutie, for sure.

Too funny about your DH first comment. That cracks me up!!

Are you still shocked?
Not so much shocked now as feeling a bit confused - I''d been happily talking away to Edward Bear for weeks and now I find it''s been Daisy Bear all along... it''s a very odd feeling and not what I expected at all.

I will say that I am VERY glad I found out - I can imagine it''s very disconcerting if you find out at the birth that you had what you weren''t expecting.

Now I have 19 weeks to get used to it being a girl - lets hope they weren''t wrong!

My mother said at least DH is preparing to be a traditional kind of father.
1.gif
He''s one of 4 boys and is he ever in for a shock. I have a feeling that this little girl will wind him round her little finger very quickly.

His second comment was - now I get to be mean and nasty to boyfriends.
20.gif

I am LOVING planning for a girl. I got her the cutest onesies and I can''t wait to see the completed cupcake themed nursery when we''re done!

I love planning for a girl too! I''m starting to feel more and more "connected." The baby went from being called "baby", to "she", to Natalie (we''ve chosen her name!) Now that she''s moving around a lot I feel that she has a personality and her kicking/jumping episodes can make me laugh. I''ve enjoyed knowing the sex so far, and it''s been fun to buy the clothes
2.gif

hey ladies! I'm so excited most of you are having girls! Of my friends (mine will be the 8th baby), 7 are boys! Insane! I feel like boys are taking over the world
2.gif
Even in my dept, there are 4 of us preggo, and 3 of us know we are having boys. The other is a surprise.

Courtney - question for you....how are your headaches? Did u ever go to the neurologist? Mine are horrible! They make me sooooooooooo freakin nauseous. My doc is having me take the aspirin-free Excedrin. It works, but I'm literally having to take 2 pills a day. I try not to, but the headaches are alway there. I would say 5 of the 7 days a week I'm taking something. My doc says it's ok, but I hate taking something so often. Anyway, just wondering if you were still having the headaches.

Lindsey - Love the name Natalie!!!

Cdt - Headaches are much better! I still get them every so often, but not like before. I did go to the neurologist and he didn''t think there was any cause for alarm. He prescribed me Lortab (Vicodin) and assured me they were safe to take. He said if it continued that we need to try preventing the headaches instead of taking more medication.

I''ve heard that Excedrin was ok to take, but for some reason it''s not on this list:

www.sipw.com/documents/obsafemeds.pdf

Maybe it''s not on the list because most Excredin has Aspirin?? I''m taking the tension headache formula which is just basically tylenol w/ caffeine. But my doc assured me it''s safe to take, even as often as i''m taking it, so I''m going w/ it. I cannot go w/out something. I try to go as long as i can, yesterday I didn''t take anything. But this morning woke up w/ such a bad headache and nausea. So I had to take it today.

At my next appt, we''re going to discuss possible sending me to the neurologist. So we''ll see. I''m hoping they subside on their own soon.

If Excedrin doesn''t help, ask for something else. I sure hope they go away on their own for your sake! I know how frustrating they can be. You''re how far along now? Mine seemed to dwindle down around 20 weeks.

Thanks fisher- very excited to get the best of both worlds :)

U will be joining all the excitment real soon ;)

Court - I''m 17 weeks tomorrow
9.gif

I bet those headaches will fade away really soon, cdt! Congrats on 17 weeks tomorrow....I''ll be 24 weeks!

Hey ladies.

I've been a bit MIA, was away for two weeks over Christmas for family/work/wedding stuff and finally back to my own computer. WAY too much to catch up on, so I hope you'll forgive me for not mentioning everyone and everything that has happened!

A few quick comments-

Pandora- I was going to guess GIRL for you- but only because you so seem the type to have a boy, so I thought you might be surprised. I just love the name Daisy. Congrats!!!!!!!

NYC- Congrats on boy/girl. A perfect pair!

I feel like someone went off and had a baby all super secret squirrel, but can't remember who! Congrats anyways!!!!!!
ETA: I remember now-Pave and Tyler!!!!!! Congrats, and so happy all is going well. Keep us posted!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for me, I am just quietly hanging in there. I know everyone has said the first 12 week wait is terrible for everyone, so I am just trying to remind myself that it's normal. Some days I just don't feel very preggo at all, and then other days I'm like oh yeah, there it is. Again, I know it's normal but it really messes with your mind!

We told my family, my best friends, and my DH's mom, but am holding off on anyone else until 12/13 weeks. Everyone is very excited, almost more excited than I am, I think! I am still just a bit freaked out, it's so surreal isn't it? But freaked out in a good way.

I have another appointment next Tuesday, so will feel better after that if all looks good.

Other than that, just trying to get back into the swing of work (ugh) and trying to eat HEALTHY food since I eat every few hours. It's been hard, I am NOT craving anything that's good for me, so I really need to get creative. And I have a cold now, which isn't helping.

Oh, and Sabine- I am having vivid dreams, but mine are disturbing (at least to me). It always involves my dog and someone trying to either kill him or rape/murder me and I have to pick between letting the intruder kill my dog or me. Or something along those lines. Lovely!!!! Clearly, it is some mothering instiinct but it is so vivid and terrifying. I love my doggie.
38.gif
I will take some of your ocean dreams!!!

Date: 1/6/2009 1:03:10 PM
Author: robbie3982
Twice now in the last week or two I''ve had this weird muscle spasm/twitchy feeling for a couple seconds right above my pubic bone on the right side. It kind of felt like an eye twitch, but much shorter. Is it possible to feel movement this early???

14w3d
Hi,

I am currently 26 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my 2nd girl, but I did start feeling movement at about 14 weeks. I felt little flutterings and I know they weren''t gas because they just got stronger and stronger. Congratulations on your pregnancy!
36.gif

Hi ladies.

I suppose I''ll officially come join you over here! I''m 5w4d.

I had some spotting and cramping yesterday and I already had an OB appointment scheduled. We had an US and we saw the heartbeat. I was pretty sure I was having another M/C, but it appears things are sticking for now. So I''ll throw my hat in the ring.

Pandora Congrats on the Daisy Bear!

CC - Just wanted to tell you that the whole thing seems really surreal to me. We also told my besties, my family and DH''s parents. I''ve totally struggled with anxiety and stuff this time around...but there are times when I think other folks are more excited than I! I attribute it to the worry I''m feeling, plus the fact that it is so early. Also, it is a HUGE life change. HUGE. If I recall, you are mid-thirties, right? I am, and well, I am used to things a certain way. Scary that they are going to be so different in less than a year. And as far as I can tell, (and what I''ve read), it pretty normal to be freaked out! At least that is what I''m telling myself!

LL- CONGRATS!!! Very excited for you, lots of sticky vibes coming your way girl!

I am jealous of all of you gals who felt movement so early! I didn''t start feeling even light movement until 20w 6d... but then it picked up fast, to where within that same week I was getting strong kicks. It progressed very quickly. Now at 23 weeks I can watch my stomach jump all on its own... very amusing!

LL congratulations! I followed your story when I was in the TTC thread last summer, and have really been rooting for you. I am so happy that you got to see the LO''s heart beat. I am sending lots of good vibes your way!

Congrats, LL! I've been having those similar feelings about what a CHANGE this is going to be. Whew.

Lindsey, set the TV remote on your tummy and watch it wiggle! So much fun.

24 weeks today!

Date: 1/7/2009 4:52:43 PM
Author: adrienneg
Date: 1/6/2009 1:03:10 PM

Author: robbie3982

Twice now in the last week or two I''ve had this weird muscle spasm/twitchy feeling for a couple seconds right above my pubic bone on the right side. It kind of felt like an eye twitch, but much shorter. Is it possible to feel movement this early???

14w3d

Hi,

I am currently 26 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my 2nd girl, but I did start feeling movement at about 14 weeks. I felt little flutterings and I know they weren''t gas because they just got stronger and stronger. Congratulations on your pregnancy!
36.gif

Thanks! Congrats to you too!

China, everything seems very surreal to me as well.

Welcome to the thread, Lysser!

Congrats LL
36.gif
I follow the TTC thread closely and always wishing the best for all you girls.

China-Over the past few days I have felt so calm and very connected with the baby even though I can't feel him/er move. I'm really hoping I can feel movement sooner than normal although I'm only 6 weeks away to 20 weeks which will come soon!
6.gif

Today is FI's 30th birthday! I told him it was time to trade him in for a newer model
2.gif
. I'm feeling kind of bummed because we had plans to stay in a hotel room this weekend but its $400!! I got all of his friends to agree to go to a nightclub with us this Saturday which will be a nice surprise for him. But other than that...no idea what to get him. Well, that's not true. There are loads of stuff I can get him but we're trying to save more money. I know he wants a PS3 but that's close to $500!

Oh man if I have a boy, I guess I better prepare for expensive game systems
20.gif

ETA: I forgot to mention, I'm already getting invited to children's birthday parties
6.gif
I was before but mostly parties that had more adults than children. I got invited to a party in the next few weeks where everyone there is a mom and there will be tons of children. Oh man...its starting LOL

Fiery- happy bday to hubby..I read ur post and made me think of my situation now...at least u are going to club together! My bff is gettng married sunday and her dh is haing his bachelor party...and they made some stupid idea to go to dinner and all the way around town to a strip club..traveling by cab...at first I was hesitant to say ok but kinda did and last nite I couldn''t sleep thinking about it and I don''t want him going. Im not the type that likes these going out type hangouts alone..esp to some dirty stripclub and then being drunk and taking cabs all over town...so I told him today and he had such an attitude and hung up on me...needless to say that set me off and I was (still am) hysterical ..crying and being upset..I just don''t want him to go...don''t know what to do.

I don''t really check this thread b/c I''m not pregnant, or trying...or anything
9.gif
. Although, I did want to say congrats to all the ladies who have recently given birth--especially Neatfreak...I was waiting to hear about your twins! You have a gorgeous family.
36.gif

Also, Congrats to all the other pregnant PSers!!!

Aww honey I’m sorry you are upset!

When Mr. Fiery and I first started dating, he would go to those gentlemen clubs every once in a while with friends. I don’t know if it was in the spirit of courtship or what but I pretended like it didn’t bother me when it really did. I finally sat down and told him that I don’t like it at all. There’s just something about having my guy in a strip club looking at other women when I’m at home that doesn’t sit well with me. And even though it’s ridiculous to think that a good man (because we all have good men!) would cheat with a stripper, it still didn’t feel right.

I can understand your frustration and am willing to bet his reaction was probably due to knowing he already made the plans and now having to break them. Hopefully as the day goes on he’ll calm down.

Lysser- WELCOME!!!!
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

I am so glad you are here! I know you feel it's early, but it's so nice to have a place for support and questions. What you said is exactly how I feel- and I wanted to let you know how normal all this anxiety is. We saw the heartbeat at around 6 weeks- and then I started getting worried! And I am not a worrier by nature so it's kind of taken me by surprise. I have another appointment next Tuesday and then I think I will feel better. But when I hit 12/13 weeks, it will be such a relief. So just know that the worry and the surrealness is just part of it. Also, yes, I am in my mid-30's and it is such a big change- but in a good way. Oh and the identity thing is weird too. Anyone else being very aware of this? I just take comfort in the fact that there is nothing I can do at this point but take care of myself, and know that things will work out and nature has been doing it's thing for far longer than I've been around, so just trust in the fact that it knows what its doing!

ETA:______________________________________________________________

Fiery- Children's birthday parties already????? I hadn't even thought of that. Jeez! I am so taking this one week at a time. I didn't even consider that I would have to start attending kids birthday parties! Oh let the fun begin.
2.gif

NYC- Sorry you're upset. I don't really like strip clubs, but I don't really care if DH goes- especially if it's for a bachelor party or something. But he rarely does, and now that we are married/preggo, it seems extra creepy to me. That being said, it doesn't matter because YOU don't feel comfortable. And especially now that you are preggo and over-emotional, your DH should at least hear you out. Maybe when he gets home tonight you can sit him down and try to calmly explain why you feel the way you do, and ask him to at least respect your opinion. Hope you feel better!

I agree with China. He should be understanding and be able to tell his buddies "I''ve got a pregnant wife at home, so I''m gonna head home after dinner." If they give him a hard time, he can chuckle and explain "pregnancy hormones". That should shut them up.

Thanks guys! I appreciate your support and I''ve calmed down ..esp since he is going to just dinner and that''s that...there are some others that are just going to dinner as well so its not that embarrasing ...I totally have the same feeling as u fiery!! I am not that type of girl that thinks these things are appropriate if you are with someone..esp married and preggo!...there are others who are ok with it and don''t see a problem but I think its just wrong and disrespectful. I don''t even think dancing with other guys/girls is appropriate while others say what''s the big deal. Ugh ...I will talk to him more in detail later once things calm down and hope he understands where im comin from! Don''t mess with a preggo hormonal mama carrying double! Lol. Thanks again ladies..you''ve made me feel better and not crazy :)

nycb I can totally sympathize, I would feel the exact way that you do. I''m sorry that he got an attitude with you. Everyone has their opinion on strip clubs, but what''s important is how you and your hubby feel about it. If it''s not OK with you, then it''s not OK! He needs to adjust his priorities and realize that helping to keep his pregnant wife feeling safe and secure is more important that hitting up a strip club. Seriously. I hope that you guys talk it out and that you feel better!

NYC, glad he finally came to his senses! It''s no fun having to worry about what "might" be happening in those situations.

Lysser, so glad you decided to pop over here, and glad you saw the heartbeat! It''s great that you could see it so early!

Chinacat, thanks for sharing about your dreams, and I''m sorry yours are so graphic! That must be horrible! Some of mine get bad (getting overtaken by a tidal wave) but yours just sound terrible.

Fiery, thanks for the analysis of my dreams. Some are calm, but I think some (like the tidal wave) are definitely about feeling overwhelmed.

I finally got some maternity pants today. They aren''t great, and they are tighter in the leg than I had hoped (I like wide leg pants) but they are petite so don''t need hemmed and were only $16. I''m so relieved I can wear them since I wore a skirt today. About 5 teachers said "you must be freezing!" (I don''t wear hose, I HATE HATE HATE them), but that was all that fit today due to the skirt having an elastic waste.

Anyone else have some fun belly shots???

I wanna post a belly pic!

14w5d:

1.8.09 003.jpg

Robbie, totally cute bump!

LL - I am SO glad to hear that you saw the heartbeat. Congrats!

Nycbk, I can understand your frustration. Hopefully he''ll be understanding.

I''m now 27 weeks. Yikes.

thanks lindsey! - you have no idea how much it means to me to feel like im not alone and what im feeling is quite normal! he will get over it..he always says i never let him go out..but what do guys do when they go out???....drink! and thats about it...when we go out..we tallk, gossip, and just relax...no other necessary entertainment needed. thanks again for the support
2.gif

sabine- yay for maternity pants...i have finally stopped my velour suits (too tight)..and now have maternity jeans and OMG where have they been all my life lol...they are the best thing ever ...u cant get more comfort than that! i am a MOH on sunday and i bought maternity spanx..not too bad and my dress is gorgeous ....the belly is out there for all to see
9.gif
..i will def take belly shots in the dress and have bff post them for me!

robbie- u keep posting those belly shots...u look great! can def see the bump
2.gif

blen- almost in the 3rd tri
6.gif

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP