shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion modified brilliant vs Old miner help

Yay! Maybe our J cousin sisters will cross paths one day :bigsmile:

I have liked some of AB's designs, but would want to tweak it a bit. Need to do more research on settings!

Thank you! She is honestly barely tinted, did not bother me at all. The L definitely showed off more obvious warmth. Yes! This stone is actually from OWD!! Have to thank all of you for the rec, or I would not have found it!

So glad you connected with Adam. I had a feeling that he would have your dream stone! We'd love to see your setting ideas, too!

Have been silently following this thread but congrats on finding THE ONE so quickly. Can’t wait to see what setting you and the fiancé decide on!

What’s the girdle like on your J?

FYI Adam has a great bench, you might want to search for what he’s done for other PSers. Also his Instagram at Old World Diamonds has many beautiful settings.

Very thin is still a risk for chipping with a four ring mount it could be possible to set it so the very thin areas are under a prong but you need a bench used to working with antiques.

FYI Adam has a great bench, you might want to search for what he’s done for other PSers. Also his Instagram at Old World Diamonds has many beautiful settings.

Yesss he really does. I just really wanted to work with this other jeweler who has been helping me from the start! :)

@newtojewels THANK YOU AS ALWAYS for sharing!!

I used to want a bezel, but now I am hoping my jeweler can do 4 prongs and protect the thin girdle area!

I will continue to explore more setting inspo and share as I get closer to what I think I want!

@maryjane04 @newtojewels I have been trying to search images of faux bezel settings or collet-inspired settings but can't seem to find good examples (or the results are mixed in with normal bezels and I am getting confused!)

Does anyone have good examples of some more faux bezels? I saw some from JBG that were interesting!

Here’s a Singlestone setting in platinum (gorgeous make on the stone, too)

I LOVE that Single Stone setting that oldcutclubmember has!!! I saved a couple pics from the original listing where you can see the side profile, I’ll grab it for you! It’s so pretty!IMG_1281.jpeg

Thank you for sharing these! Will add to my inspo folder :)

Also, does anyone have advice on if we should get the stone appraised separately or wait to get the whole ring appraised once it is set? Not sure what the right steps are to insure it :)

@newtojewels just wrote about this a bunch in her thread! Head over there for advice!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP