shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion modified brilliant vs Old miner help

@lulu_ma @Dreamer_D I suspected the same thing! I guess I am starting to get a hang of identifying :lol:

And yes @maryjane04 once I see the H I will see if she ticks all my boxes! She may not be the most ideally cut, but she still deserves a happy home and maybe I’ll love her!! :lol:

If you’ve never seen an H in person, and you love the color, but don’t fall in love with the cut, I would hold out for a better cut. At least then you will have narrowed your search so you know what to look for, as will we so we can keep an eye out for you!

Keep us posted!

If you’ve never seen an H in person, and you love the color, but don’t fall in love with the cut, I would hold out for a better cut. At least then you will have narrowed your search so you know what to look for, as will we so we can keep an eye out for you!

Keep us posted!

Okay that is true, thank you! And yes, I will keep you all posted and share photos once I see the H in person! :)

And the search continues for now! Can I get thoughts on this stone? 3.17 J!
@Dreamer_D @maryjane04 @lulu_ma @lavenderdragonfly23 + anyone else :D

This looks like it could be friends with mine! Slightly wonky outline, same size and color. Do you have any other photos/videos? What are the face-up dimensions and the table/depth? Any fluorescence?

I'll tell you that my J looks white to me in all lighting except the combination of warm lighting and warm walls where it has some tint. Obviously I haven't had her long and it may just be sunk cost fallacy talking but I'm glad I went for this combo personally as my compromise.

This looks like it could be friends with mine! Slightly wonky outline, same size and color. Do you have any other photos/videos? What are the face-up dimensions and the table/depth? Any fluorescence?

I'll tell you that my J looks white to me in all lighting except the combination of warm lighting and warm walls where it has some tint. Obviously I haven't had her long and it may just be sunk cost fallacy talking but I'm glad I went for this combo personally as my compromise.

I asked for more photos/videos! Haha maybe these stones are sisters :halo:
Dimensions: 9x8.52mm, Table 52%, Depth 68%, No fluorescence. Girdle is very thin to extremely thick!

I asked for more photos/videos! Haha maybe these stones are sisters :halo:
Dimensions: 9x8.52mm, Table 52%, Depth 68%, No fluorescence. Girdle is very thin to extremely thick!

OMG sisters or at least cousins!

Mine is 9.38x8.47, Table 48%, Depth 68%, no fluoro, very thin to slightly thick girdle.

I think I posted this already but here are videos in good versus terrible lighting for color so you can see the worst-case scenario:
For reference on size, I'm a 6.5+ with very long fingers, I can reach an octave and 2 notes on the piano and the only woman I've met with hands longer than mine was 5'11". My hands are not small! I think the ring looks proportionate and substantial but not HUGE on me, if that makes sense.

YES!!! A thousand times YES!

That J is beautiful! She’s deep so you should have some fire with this one and the faceting is so pretty! I know you wanted a true antique though, do you have a cert we can look at?

YES!!! A thousand times YES!

That J is beautiful! She’s deep so you should have some fire with this one and the faceting is so pretty! I know you wanted a true antique though, do you have a cert we can look at?

Here it is!
I have requested to see both in person tomorrow, so I will be able to compare the H and J side by side :D

Stay tuned for pictures/videos tomorrow!

@peachflower here’s the K OEC from OWD-unfortunately, it’s just round-no cushiony silhouette…

IMG_7990.jpeg

That J is sublime.

The J is beautiful!

Still waiting to see the H and J!

In the meantime, thoughts on the bottom stone in this video?
It is K VS2 with faint fluorescence (not sure if this is a bad thing? :knockout:)

It’s got A LOT of potential. Fluoro is your friend 99% of the time. It can make a stone face-up whiter when exposed to UV.

Do you like the shape of the K? Other stats?

Can you see all 3??! I really love the J & K. The faceting on both these is wow…. I think the K + faint flur is going to give you the color you want PLUS faceting that will blow the H out of the water.

I think seeing the K & the H next to each other would help you SEE why we say “cut is king” ❤️

Can you see all 3??! I really love the J & K. The faceting on both these is wow…. I think the K + faint flur is going to give you the color you want PLUS faceting that will blow the H out of the water.

I think seeing the K & the H next to each other would help you SEE why we say “cut is king” ❤️

Sadly, I don't think I have the option of seeing the K in person, but I requested more photos and videos! Only thing about this K is, it is Andria Barbone's stone, so I'd have to get a setting through her and not go the custom route I originally wanted to go... :(

Last edited:
Sadly, I don't think I have the option of seeing the K in person, but I requested more photos and videos! Only thing about this K is, it is Andria Barbone's stone, so I'd have to get a setting through her and not go the custom route I originally wanted to go... :(

I'm a little biased as someone who wanted a complete ring with the designer I like, but to me not getting the setting I want would be a deal-breaker. Can you remind me what you want for the setting? Is there some reason she can't do it?

It’s got A LOT of potential. Fluoro is your friend 99% of the time. It can make a stone face-up whiter when exposed to UV.

Do you like the shape of the K? Other stats?

Here is the cert!

I like the shape, but do with it was just a tiny bit more elongated. It is a bit chubbier than I would like :/

I was going to say that the K had potential. But AB's pricing I've noticed is a bit steeper than other vendors. I wonder if that's the same for their settings too. Would that stretch the budget too far? If not, then it could be an option.

I'm a little biased as someone who wanted a complete ring with the designer I like, but to me not getting the setting I want would be a deal-breaker. Can you remind me what you want for the setting? Is there some reason she can't do it?

Yeah she will only set stones in one of her settings, cannot do a fully custom one. I don't know what I want in a setting quite yet :D but I did want something fully custom so I have control over every detail :lol:

Yeah she will only set stones in one of her settings, cannot do a fully custom one. I don't know what I want in a setting quite yet :D but I did want something fully custom so I have control over every detail :lol:

That's a bummer. She has some gorgeous settings (I love love love the Marielle) but if none of them speaks to you then it would be a deal breaker.

I was going to say that the K had potential. But AB's pricing I've noticed is a bit steeper than other vendors. I wonder if that's the same for their settings too. Would that stretch the budget too far? If not, then it could be an option.

Yeah I had heard about that too, but it is within our budget!

I included the price she quoted us as the caption of the cert image on imgur if you wanted to see. Let me know thoughts on if this is too steep :confused:

link to cert again here:

Yeah I had heard about that too, but it is within our budget!

I included the price she quoted us as the caption of the cert image on imgur if you wanted to see. Let me know thoughts on if this is too steep :confused:

link to cert again here:

I adore the chubby outline!

What kind of setting did that include?

I think what it comes down to is if you love the stone enough. If you do, you can always reset your stone into a different setting down the track lol.

THE H AND J HAVE ARRIVED. Will be taking photos/videos once I get back from the office in a couple of hours! Stay tuned!! I did take a peek before leaving and they both looked really pretty!

I adore the chubby outline!

What kind of setting did that include?

I think what it comes down to is if you love the stone enough. If you do, you can always reset your stone into a different setting down the track lol.

It included their Jesalyn setting which is probably my favorite of AB. But now that the H and J are here, I am less interested in the K at this very moment :lol:

@peachflower if the J faceting is as good as I think it is and the stone is less than the K then-buh-bye K.

AB has some gorgeous designs but she’s definitely at the top of market…

Last edited:
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP