shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have a signature piece of jewlery?

My 1.19ct E VS1 EC would be mine.

The stone was the most expensive jewellery item I bought using my own money to date, and is hugely sentimental for this and other reasons.

Being in UK and not in a big city, I have yet to come across another EC or a diamond that size within my social circle.

I spent years to decide on its reset, trawling through as many images and sites for inspirations.

I would like believe it conveys an image or message that I value my individuality, am unconventional, practical and quietly confident in my abilities.

Shown here with my mum's 1.94ct MRB re-purposed into a bangle as I don't like MRB in rings.

20200722_145101.jpg

DK :))

wow :appl: :appl: :appl:
i love the bangle too

Not really a signature piece but I always like to wear a butterfly. Right now I’m wearing a Tiffany rose cut butterfly necklace and a messika butterfly bracelet. I like wearing butterflies. If I ever get my first tattoo it will be a butterfly on my wrist.

ohhhhh i love this :appl::kiss2::appl:
Snap - I always like to wear a butterfly. I have the Messika butterfly necklace and I keep looking for a bracelet - my local jeweller was stopping selling the collection and I still kick myself for not getting one of the bracelets at the time!

I also tend to wear Sophia Webster shoes because of the recurring butterfly motif =)2

your one is out there somewhere
don't give up

Snap - I always like to wear a butterfly. I have the Messika butterfly necklace and I keep looking for a bracelet - my local jeweller was stopping selling the collection and I still kick myself for not getting one of the bracelets at the time!

I also tend to wear Sophia Webster shoes because of the recurring butterfly motif =)2

Lol! Great minds! I would love the Messika butterfly earrings. I keep looking for them but I’ve only found them for sale in Europe. I purchased my bracelet over in the UK, had it mailed to my sister living in London, who then gave it to her MIL who was planning to come to the US within that week she received it, who then mailed it to me once she arrived in the US. The actual plan was for my sister to just mail it to me from London but somehow her MIL got involved.
I have a few butterfly necklaces already so if I purchased the Messika necklace I don’t think I would wear it as often as the bracelet or earrings.

Now I have to look for these shoes!

Mine is also my watch. I treated myself to it for my 30th Birthday so that I could hand back the Cartier Tank my dastardly ex had bought. Even though he was in NZ & I had returned to the UK at that time, he still lorded it over me & the first thing he would say when he ever called (if I ever answered) was "What's the time there?" That watch felt like a ball & chain to a part if my life i was trying to move on from. So I bought this one, which is a limited edition black face Raymond Well with diamonds. I am never without it & have worn it every single day for 16 years now.

Signature piece of jewellery? I think that would have to be my Victorian diamond stud earrings. I’ve always wanted a beautiful pair of diamond studs. Unfortunately I have very large and unsightly earlobes, and not enough money to spring for the 5 carat totals I really would like.

I happened across a pair of cluster studs in London when there for work. I saw them once for ten minutes, then kept ogling online before purchasing, but I was duped. The ‘platinum’ was in fact 9 carat white gold (which I’m allergic to)and the diamonds were way more included than advertised. (Words from the wise, NEVER buy from farrindons Jewellers in Hatton Garden)

After months of arguing I finally got my money back. A few more months, I licked my wounds and went on out there to find my dream earrings.
On another day trip to London I decided to go to Grays Antique market. They have loads of wonderful stalls all dedicated to antiques and I’d hazard a guess at 65% of them being jewellery! One stall had these wonderful earrings. For the following several months every time I went to London, I’d look at and try on the earrings and chat with the lady on the stall. The stones were more beautiful and sparkly in all lighting conditions, much much much less included, and after much research into Victorian jewels, the settings seemed much more likely to be authentic, the posts most likely to have been added in the 50’s. I wear these pretty much every day. It was a steep learning curve but this process opened my eyes to the beauty of old European and old mine cut diamonds 52ACFCB0-D538-4F78-A9EC-81E94663EF45.jpeg0B3C52A0-45E3-426A-9EC1-640676B4A842.jpeg

I don’t know that I really have a signature piece as such, but it’s probably just earrings in general - I wear earrings all the time. Even if I’m not wearing any other jewelry I consider earrings a must! Studs, hoops, clusters, drops, long, short, cheap, expensive - I’ll wear them all.

I have a 14k yellow gold Hawaiian heirloom bangle I never take off. I accidentally got enamel paint on it (in the engraving) from when I was restoring a trailer for my chickens... I need to get that out... but seriously I always, always have it on. My dad bought it for me when I was a baby and it’s been resized once. It has my first name on it. I’ve been thinking about getting another one with my middle name on it and probably will next time I go home.

This sounds beautiful, @winnietucker! Would you mind sharing a photo, if it's not a bother? I love bangles and this sounds both unusual and special.

Mine is also my watch. I treated myself to it for my 30th Birthday so that I could hand back the Cartier Tank my dastardly ex had bought. Even though he was in NZ & I had returned to the UK at that time, he still lorded it over me & the first thing he would say when he ever called (if I ever answered) was "What's the time there?" That watch felt like a ball & chain to a part if my life i was trying to move on from. So I bought this one, which is a limited edition black face Raymond Well with diamonds. I am never without it & have worn it every single day for 16 years now.

IMG_20200806_103533.jpgIMG_20181110_110213.jpg

I LOVE this story! You go, girl!

Signature piece of jewellery? I think that would have to be my Victorian diamond stud earrings. I’ve always wanted a beautiful pair of diamond studs. Unfortunately I have very large and unsightly earlobes, and not enough money to spring for the 5 carat totals I really would like.

I happened across a pair of cluster studs in London when there for work. I saw them once for ten minutes, then kept ogling online before purchasing, but I was duped. The ‘platinum’ was in fact 9 carat white gold (which I’m allergic to)and the diamonds were way more included than advertised. (Words from the wise, NEVER buy from farrindons Jewellers in Hatton Garden)

After months of arguing I finally got my money back. A few more months, I licked my wounds and went on out there to find my dream earrings.
On another day trip to London I decided to go to Grays Antique market. They have loads of wonderful stalls all dedicated to antiques and I’d hazard a guess at 65% of them being jewellery! One stall had these wonderful earrings. For the following several months every time I went to London, I’d look at and try on the earrings and chat with the lady on the stall. The stones were more beautiful and sparkly in all lighting conditions, much much much less included, and after much research into Victorian jewels, the settings seemed much more likely to be authentic, the posts most likely to have been added in the 50’s. I wear these pretty much every day. It was a steep learning curve but this process opened my eyes to the beauty of old European and old mine cut diamonds 52ACFCB0-D538-4F78-A9EC-81E94663EF45.jpeg0B3C52A0-45E3-426A-9EC1-640676B4A842.jpeg

WOW!!! These are absolutely stunning!!! TDF Gorgeous!!! LOVE!!! :kiss2:
Wear them in good health and blingy joy!

IMG_20200806_103533.jpgIMG_20181110_110213.jpg

It is beautiful on you @Alex T !!!:appl:

Yes! My bangles. I love a good bangle for the spring and summer months

IMG_20191003_113001.jpg
PXL_20201024_001958395.jpg
received_1484005178389994.jpeg

These are the ones I wear all the time.

OMG. The bangle is beautiful but that ring. Swoon!!! Details please. :kiss2:

I don't really have any signature piece per se if that means something I wear daily. But if I do wear bling it is always going to be Bubbalah so maybe she is considered my signature piece?

bubbalahhuberwoodsnov2020.png

bubbalahprofile.png

Though since my parents gave me their Cartier Black Opal from the 1970s and that will be a piece I cherish forever perhaps this is my signature piece? But I don't wear it often as black opals aren't hardy for daily wear in a ring.

Sorry, I don't have any new photos of this ring since the Spring of 2020.

cartierblackopal2020.png

Though antique dangle earrings could be considered my signature piece I guess since I am a dangle earring girl for sure...but it would be hard to choose just one.

OECdanglesincar2020.png

IDK if any of these qualify as signature pieces though. But I am enjoying this thread and thanks to all who are participating.

I don't really have any signature piece per se if that means something I wear daily. But if I do wear bling it is always going to be Bubbalah so maybe she is considered my signature piece?

bubbalahprofile.png

Though since my parents gave me their Cartier Black Opal from the 1970s and that will be a piece I cherish forever perhaps this is my signature piece? But I don't wear it often as black opals aren't hardy for daily wear in a ring.

cartierblackopal2020.png

Though antique dangle earrings could be considered my signature piece I guess since I am a dangle earring girl for sure...but it would be hard to choose just one.

OECdanglesincar2020.png

IDK if any of these qualify as signature pieces though. But I am enjoying this thread and thanks to all who are participating.

I am swooning over here!! Your rings & earrings are fabulous & so You!:kiss2:

This would have to be my signature piece as I'm always changing up what I wear regularly,but I'm always wearing my Rolex=)2

Attachments

• IMG_3240.JPG
    IMG_3240.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 20
I am swooning over here!! Your rings & earrings are fabulous & so You!:kiss2:

Thank you! XOXO.

This would have to be my signature piece as I'm always changing up what I wear regularly,but I'm always wearing my Rolex=)2

And now I am swooning. What an elegant and classic piece for a beautiful and elegant person. ❤️

Not sure if this counts, but my 30 year old Rolex. My dad was an abusive man but loved watches and movement clocks. When he died, my Mom gave us each a small sum from his estate.

It was 1986, and I was was 20. I needed a watch and was going downtown on the bus to buy a Swatch watch. My older sister who had great taste and liked finer things said why don't you and I both buy a Rolex? My Swatch was going to cost maybe $40 so I was thinking whaaaaat, when she quoted the $1500 price. She went in to the store and that savvy older sis of mine bartered the Swedish owner down to $1100 each as she was buying two (i paid her back).

It's the best piece I own. Not elaborate by PS standards, but I'm not an elaborate gal.
I love this little watch. 20201205_215909.jpg

What a beautiful watch. Is the face black or dark blue? Looks perfect on your wrist. What a story about your sister! From a Swatch to a Rolex on a bus ride!

My jewelry has changed a lot over the past three years, in fact all of what I consider my signature pieces now I’ve only had for six months or less.

Now back in high school I did have my mom’s wedding set that I wore religiously on my right hand. Mom passed when I was eight so I was given her rings. I actually started wearing them because I found out my step-mother would go into my jewelry box when I wasn’t around and try them on and wear them! I was horrified so I figured wearing them was the safest bet.

That’s horrible @YadaYadaYada! I would be so mad.

bubbalahprofile.png

cartierblackopal2020.png

OECdanglesincar2020.png

The Dream Team. Every time I see these - especially Bubbulah - I always give a little choke-cry.

@winnietucker I am so glad you mentioned the bracelet. It's a beautiful tradition and I love the story so much. Today was the first I have ever heard of Hawaiian bracelets, so I went on a Google adventure. So beautiful and charming.

@stracci2000 me too. The jade bangles.

@Begonia I love your story. That is one smart sister. If you do the math and calculate the cost over time, it was a bargain! It looks great on you too.

@Alex T I love the story. It's a beautiful watch and still looks like new!

@RosieR those earrings are drop dead gorgeous. They may be the most beautiful pair of earrings I have ever seen. I can just imagine them in low light. I am so glad you have them. Wear them in good health!

@missy You know I adore your Bubbalah, the opal (every time I see it...it effects me) and the earrings are also so pretty on you!

Oh, and mine would probably be the jade bracelet, although I switch the jades up at times.

Attachments

• 20201206_093920.jpg
    20201206_093920.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 8

These are beautiful! I’m glad there was a happy ending!

My Fitbit and a hair scrunchie, stacked on my left wrist. I'm so glamorous! Although the hair scrunchie is always silk, if that helps the glamour quotient...

I'm loving seeing everyone else's sentimental and elegant pieces. Great question, Daisys and Diamonds!

My jewelry has changed a lot over the past three years, in fact all of what I consider my signature pieces now I’ve only had for six months or less.

Now back in high school I did have my mom’s wedding set that I wore religiously on my right hand. Mom passed when I was eight so I was given her rings. I actually started wearing them because I found out my step-mother would go into my jewelry box when I wasn’t around and try them on and wear them! I was horrified so I figured wearing them was the safest bet.

That's weird and awful, YadaYadaYada. I'm sorry you had someone like that occupying that position in your life.

What a beautiful watch. Is the face black or dark blue? Looks perfect on your wrist. What a story about your sister! From a Swatch to a Rolex on a bus ride!

It's the Rolex blue. The color isn't coming up in that photo but a royal blue. Looks nice with my jeans :)

I love Grays and those are gorgeous, RosieR. We should organise a UK PS outing there once we can all move about again.

Last time I was there, I ended up with these.

Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 15.41.28.png

It's the Rolex blue. The color isn't coming up in that photo but a royal blue. Looks nice with my jeans :)

Wow - royal blue - that sounds gorgeous!

I love Grays and those are gorgeous, RosieR. We should organise a UK PS outing there once we can all move about again.

Last time I was there, I ended up with these.

Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 15.41.28.png

I adore these. So impactful and bluelicious ❤️

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP