shape
carat
color
clarity

Frankenstorm?

And HERE'S a good idea!

"Hey Ethel, I'm just gonna take grandson Johnny over to see the crashing waves up close and personal. Put on some cocoa willya? Because if we don't get swept out to see and drowned we're gonna want a little something hot when we get back from the precipice of a terrible and foamy death."

Fvck...

_1554.jpg

Loves Vintage|1351520467|3294794 said:
Already outages in CT, and winds are just picking up. State highways closing at 1 pm. Stay safe everyone!

Are you still on line, LV? It's getting pretty noisy down here. I wonder if you have power where you are!

Deb
:saint:

And HERE'S a good idea!

"Hey Ethel, I'm just gonna take grandson Johnny over to see the crashing waves up close and personal. Put on some cocoa willya? Because if we don't get swept out to see and drowned we're gonna want a little something hot when we get back from the precipice of a terrible and foamy death."

Fvck...

sand.jpg

Double post...?

I thought the same thing DeeJay! When I saw that photo it pissed me off. It's one thing for the adult to be stupid, but risking the safety of a kid in the process. Unbelievable.

miraclesrule|1351537455|3294963 said:
I thought the same thing DeeJay! When I saw that photo it pissed me off. It's one thing for the adult to be stupid, but risking the safety of a kid in the process. Unbelievable.

Seriously! What's going on with this kid is SO NOT OK. That being said, an adult doing something stupid like this may result in a cleansing of the gene pool... I wonder if this guy was the runner up in the roach eating contest.

Love to you all & please be safe! Don't worry about stuff -- know it's hard, but lives are the only thing not replaceable. I learned that in the San Francisco quake of '89 -- surprising how little I cared about the things that got wrecked. Thinking of you all!

--- Laurie

Dee*Jay|1351536655|3294959 said:
And HERE'S a good idea!

Fvck...
Nominate for the Darwin awards 2012?

Same with the weather reporters...why do they NEED to be on the edge of a collapsing pier? Don't understand that...

I am watching light rain but huge gusts of wind, from the comfort of a gorgeous 12th floor hotel room. Howling winds... Think it will be hotel restaurant - no NYC foodie adventures for us tonight.

Thinking about everyone in the path of this terrible storm, hoping things aren't as bad as predicted (I can hope, right?).

Stay safe.

It's picking up speed, not the rotation, but the forward motion.

This could actually be GREAT NEWS!

Let me explain; if it's movement is quicker, there is less time for it to push/pull the water up with it. That could mean less flooding from storm surge.

I am keeping my fingers crossed! :appl:

Enerchi|1351538170|3294973 said:

Same with the weather reporters...why do they NEED to be on the edge of a collapsing pier? Don't understand that...

I am watching light rain but huge gusts of wind, from the comfort of a gorgeous 12th floor hotel room. Howling winds... Think it will be hotel restaurant - no NYC foodie adventures for us tonight.

Hi Enerchi! :wavey:

Hope you are nowhere near that collapsing crane at One57 (57th street, between 6th & 7th), they're evacuating all of 57th street! That building is 1,000 feet tall, and if that crane hits, it can cover a LOT of area. :errrr:

As for the weather reporters, the guys that usually come to my neighborhood during storms are usually the first to leave. I know to check NOAA when the weather trucks start rolling into the hotels near me. :?

AGBF|1351536090|3294954 said:
Loves Vintage|1351520467|3294794 said:
Already outages in CT, and winds are just picking up. State highways closing at 1 pm. Stay safe everyone!

Are you still on line, LV? It's getting pretty noisy down here. I wonder if you have power where you are!

Deb
:saint:

Power was out for a little over an hour. I had just loaded the dishwasher, just started the washing machine and just finished hearing my husband say "Power isn't going out for a whi . . . . Oh!"

Sounds like your generator is hard-wired. Where is kept? Does it have some sort of shed over it? Apparently, we should have some sort of covering for it? :confused:

I've heard some branches falling on the roof. Small branches. Watching the swaying trees is quite worrisome.

Are you still on-line?

VapidLapid|1351534760|3294939 said:
I think they should have filled handbags with sand to keep the water out, or go to canal street and load up on counterfeits to fill with sand. Would have made for a lovely photo. With all of mass transit shut down, how can they expect us to evacuate?

At least those people know how to use sandbags! Check out pic 1 and 2 of this slideshow, they have NO CLUE how to do sandbags in FIDI:
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/nyc-empties-ahead-of-hurricane-sandy-slideshow/sandbags-block-entrance-york-stock-exchange-downtown-manhattan-photo-133559638.html#crsl=%252Fphotos%252Fnyc-empties-ahead-of-hurricane-sandy-slideshow%252Fsandbags-block-entrance-york-stock-exchange-downtown-manhattan-photo-133559638.html

Stay away from any cranes, VL! :wavey:

Red Hook, Brooklyn

Do you think the next time I tell someone up north that we're evacuating, they won't chuckle at me now?

a6x9jgjciaeojxh-jpg_163826.jpg

And HERE'S a good idea!

Fvck...

Oh my gosh. This is your NYC trip, Enerchi? When did you arrive?

hi everyone!!! I'm in north jersey with my husband and new puppy. wind is picking up here. stay safe everyone. this stuff is scary but we are remaining calm. I will check back again if I can.

iLander|1351538667|3294982 said:

Hi Enerchi! :wavey:

Hope you are nowhere near that collapsing crane at One57 (57th street, between 6th & 7th), they're evacuating all of 57th street! That building is 1,000 feet tall, and if that crane hits, it can cover a LOT of area. :errrr:

As for the weather reporters, the guys that usually come to my neighborhood during storms are usually the first to leave. I know to check NOAA when the weather trucks start rolling into the hotels near me. :?
I'm staying at 70 Park Avenue. It's just down from grand central station. Which means if we are up for a four block adventure we could go to Juniors for dinner....

Fingers crossed that crane stays secure and no further damage occurs. We were up that way earlier today. Walked along central park south and the plaza hotel, then when we turned down 7th, DH and i were nearly blown away! neither of us are lightweights ;)) All shops on Fifth Ave were closed and some sand bagged in front.

OMG- red hook! :o I think that's right near where we do our Fairway shopping.

Enerchi- sorry you are stuck here during Sandy! You must revisit during a quieter weather time. Please be safe!

Sandy go away please!!

Y'all be safe and careful.

Hope nobody minds a bit of humor right now . . . Not Real! A still from the movie "The Day After Tomorrow"

s.png

kenny|1351541214|3295004 said:

Hope nobody minds a bit of humor right now . . .

LOL that's a good one Kenny. :D
I know how she feels! But how is her hair in perfect shape with that darn wind??

The latest update from the sandbag barricades at Chanel

sandybarricade.jpg

Hey PS family,
Checking in now before the eye hits us. Prayers to all. This is the worst storm I have ever seen. ::)

xo

Lisa

VapidLapid|1351541663|3295008 said:
The latest update from the sandbag barricades at Chanel

OMG! I LOVE the booties!! :appl:

I've shopped in that Soho store, VL! Didn't say I purchased anything . . . just sayin' I shopped.

Kaleigh|1351542172|3295014 said:
Hey PS family,
Checking in now before the eye hits us. Prayers to all. This is the worst storm I have ever seen. ::)

xo

Lisa

Stay safe Lisa!! Praying it will all be over soon and everyone will be OK.

Hey PS family,

xo

Lisa

Oh, lord, stay SAFE!!!

Sleep on the side of the house without the giant trees!

Dust to you and all the PSer's!!!

Hey PS family,

xo

Lisa
Stay safe Lisa. You are going thru enough challenges, you don't need this as well...

missy said:
OMG- red hook! :o I think that's right near where we do our Fairway shopping.

Enerchi- sorry you are stuck here during Sandy! You must revisit during a quieter weather time. Please be safe!

Sandy go away please!!

Happy to come back again! Hope you are ok, too.. In Brooklyn?? And your beach house makes it thru unscathed.

missy|1351541452|3295005 said:

I know how she feels! But how is her hair in perfect shape with that darn wind??

If you got your hair copper plated it would also stay perfect, even in a hurricane. :D
Plus it will patina into a fabulous blue-green.

And HERE'S a good idea!

Fvck...

What a time to be on vacation!

Enerchi, Its getting a little hairy here in Southern Ontario. If you haven't already, you might want to look into getting a neighbour or someone to secure your outdoor furniture. Lawn chairs scattered all over my street, the roads are starting to flood and its barely started up here. We're not supposed to get it nearly as bad as parts of the US, but there was a warning for everyone to make a 3 day supply kit just in case.

kenny|1351543819|3295040 said:

If you get your hair copper plated it too will stay perfect in a hurricane. :D

And it will stop aliens from reading your thoughts and controlling your mind!!

VapidLapid|1351544066|3295044 said:
kenny|1351543819|3295040 said:

If you get your hair copper plated it too will stay perfect in a hurricane. :D

And it will stop aliens from reading your thoughts and controlling your mind!!

Oh, Vapid, you know it's not the aliens that read your thoughts! :lol:

It's the government. :(

:bigsmile:

Thanks for the levity, Kenny! :wavey: :wavey: We need it!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP