shape
carat
color
clarity

Help:ASET/Ideal image comparisons?

RDG238

Rough_Rock
Hi Community - Can you help me understand the cut quality and rank the following 3 diamonds in terms of cut? I see items of concern in the images but do not understand how they would be perceived by the eye or impact on light performance or quality/value.

1.74 ct: T=56, CA=35.0, PA=41.0, D=62.4%, LG=80%, Star=55%, GT=Thin - medium 3.5%
I took the scope pics with iphone, my first time using scopes.
Area under table looks like light leakage otherwise fairly good and uniform?

2.01 ct: T=58, CA=35.5, PA=40.6, D=61.4%, LG=80%, Star=50%, GT=Med - ST 3.5% (images from source)
It appears the 6 -7 O'clock position under table has an issue. Possibly some right edge poor light.

2.03 ct: T=56, CA=34.5, PA=40.6, D=61.2%, LG=75%, Start=45%, GT=Med - ST 3.5% (Images from source)
Under table looks good but there is significant degradation on right half edge. Ideal scope is more pink than red.

Can you please assist? I am new and would truly appreciate input. Attempting to post pics now.

Thank you!

1-74 IS.jpeg1-74 ASET.jpeg2-01 IS.jpeg2-01 ASET.jpeg2-03 IS.jpeg2-03 ASET.jpeg

Just wanted to add, thanks to the community in advance! I am new and purchasing it as an engagement ring. I would like to hear your thoughts on what I would see as differences in these diamonds in terms of brilliance, fire, scintillation. The clarity and color on these are all about the same. I have seen the 1.74 in person, but I am moving to go just a little bigger. I do not know how to judge some of the image information in terms of what I would see in real life. Thanks again, I really do value your input!

As far as just ASET - No to 1 for sure - not a fan of 2 because of whatever is happening at 6,7.
Wondering if it’s just a light reflection on 3 - vendors use different imaging techniques. I’m not an expert - but besides that it looks good to me (would love to hear what the experts say about that spot).

Either way - you need to see video, images of the stone - not just these - to know for sure.

I like 3 (from the limited images, but need to see more). Rule out 1 qnd 2.

Just to add:

No to 1 because leakage/issues under the table.

No to 2 because of whatever is happening at 6 o clock

Here is hearts and arrows type images from #3 which is the 2.03.
I will work to provide more info shortly, today is the decision day!
222C0A87-1FDA-4B2E-9740-841E82AFDB20.pngF28D1E3D-0E2B-4B1B-9BC1-1918AD0C9C6B.png

Also, does anyone know for certain that the edge fading on number three (2.03) in the asset and ideal scope would not be an issue? How would it manifest itself?

Also, does anyone know for certain that the edge fading on number three (2.03) in the asset and ideal scope would not be an issue? How would it manifest itself?

Can you share the cert and some video/pics? The vendor sent you these images, they must have shared pictures/videos. Or you can share the cert and we can try to find it online.

Yes, I will upload just as soon as I get home in about 30 minutes. Thanks so much.

And here is a different link for the #2 (2.01)

For the amount you are spending if you want a perfect cut I would recommend going with a branded cut. There are a few vendors affiliated with pricescope who sell branded cuts.

EDIT I’m saying this bc the 2.01 is a nicely cut but not perfectly cut stone.

I also wonder why you are choosing D FL diamonds?

Here is the 2.03

Would appreciate input on the differences between #2 and #3

Thanks so much!

Any insight into what is seen at the 6-7 o’clock position on the #2 2.01 images?

Any insight into the fading on the right hand side of images for #3 the 2.03?

Preferences between the two?

Some seem to prefer the aesthetics of the table size of 58, thoughts, plus/minuses?

For the amount you are spending if you want a perfect cut I would recommend going with a branded cut. There are a few vendors affiliated with pricescope who sell branded cuts.

EDIT I’m saying this bc the 2.01 is a nicely cut but not perfectly cut stone.

I also wonder why you are choosing D FL diamonds?

Agree with this. 67k is a lot of money, especially when a D/FL won't look different than a E/VS2 to the naked eye

Thanks for the input around money and clarity etc. I understand and completely agree but in this case there are some outside factors impacting the decision, no need to discuss them here.

Can anyone offer insights into the questions posed?

Thanks so much!

Any insight into what is seen at the 6-7 o’clock position on the #2 2.01 images?

Any insight into the fading on the right hand side of images for #3 the 2.03?

Preferences between the two?

Some seem to prefer the aesthetics of the table size of 58, thoughts, plus/minuses?

Fading on the right side of #3 is almost certainly just camera angles and lighting.

#2 has the weird thing at 6 o clock so I'd pass on it.

3 is my preference

Thanks for the input around money and clarity etc. I understand and completely agree but in this case there are some outside factors impacting the decision, no need to discuss them here.

Can anyone offer insights into the questions posed?

Thanks so much!

It’s fine if you want a D FL, I just wanted to check that you were lot misinformed about the impact of color and clarity. Sometimes people are.

Fading on the right side of #3 is almost certainly just camera angles and lighting.

#2 has the weird thing at 6 o clock so I'd pass on it.

3 is my preference

Ditto. If these are the only three options I’d do with 3.

Totally understand and appreciate you looking out for me! Yeah, a little different situation here

What do you think about the videos and image comparisons between number two and number three? Any thoughts? You can see some of my concerns earlier in the thread.

What about the table size of 56 versus 58?

Thanks for the reply and input. That is a beautiful diamond as well as this one.:

As for now, due to other circumstances, it’s the three mentioned earlier in this thread and it sounds like it’s down to number three, which is a 2.03.

Will let you know if something changes.

Would welcome any other feedback!

There is a D flawless Type 2A on the market.... Its in NYC like #3

1725737365130.png

Thank you, I will look into it. Do you have access to any images associated with it such as the ideal or ASET? Any videos or links?

You have two experts already saying #3 if you're only choosing between these three and I'm going to add my vote to that. I like the fatter arrows.

I assume D/VVS2 is out? https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...oducts/1-84-d-vvs2-black-by-brian-gavin-round

1725735195300.png
1725735205263.png

My stones are all BGB - they are crazy sparkly, like nothing I’ve ever soon. I’m sure all SIC are just as fiery and bright - I’ve just never seen another one in person. Can’t recommend them enough

no you would have to ask your Jeweler to see if available.... Its interesting was orig a 2.08 ( IF w/minor polish) but looks like they did a re-polish and sent for GIA regrade under same number plus type analysis so its now 2.07 D FL IIA....

Like w#3 You could get tad better cut but this is top paper.....

ideal world you would commission Brian Gavin to source natural D Flawless type 2A and give it a precision cut.....:)

Can you call in 2 and 3 and see them in person? I think it is splitting hairs comparing those two with just these images at this point. I don’t think you will be able to tell them apart, but choosing with your eyes once you have narrowed it down by numbers (which you have done) is the best bet.

My dealer cannot seem to locate it. Also, when I type in the GIA is cannot locate it. Any other ideas? It seems nice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results