shape
carat
color
clarity

help on table and depth %

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/18/2009 7:05:32 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Well, that was a thread jack if ever I saw one!!!

Jaybx you can not safely buy princess cut diamonds with numbers.
I recomend using a dealer who will give you ASET images.

I do not recomend using a dealer who takes pictures in non standardised ways - or if one does then insist that they include another well cut round stone as a comparison in the exact same photo.

There has been a lot of discussion about proven systems and different opinions. DG as you and storm well know the patterns in asschers and step cuts are as or more important than light return. So AGS''s system has a big disadvantage, but it is an evolving system and perhaps in years to come they will solve some problems. But at least they are trying.
Only in StepCuts or EmeraldCuts? In rounds and other brilliant (or hybrid cuts) patterns are not as important?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/18/2009 8:30:29 AM
Author: DiaGem

I do not recomend using a dealer who takes pictures in non standardised ways - or if one does then insist that they include another well cut round stone as a comparison in the exact same photo.

There has been a lot of discussion about proven systems and different opinions. DG as you and storm well know the patterns in asschers and step cuts are as or more important than light return. So AGS''s system has a big disadvantage, but it is an evolving system and perhaps in years to come they will solve some problems. But at least they are trying.
Only in StepCuts or EmeraldCuts? In rounds and other brilliant (or hybrid cuts) patterns are not as important?
Of course they can be, like the mercedes star DG, but patterns like the ring of death that shows in the stone that John made to show RD would hardly have any followers?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/18/2009 2:02:20 PM

Date: 2/18/2009 8:30:29 AM
Author: DiaGem

Of course they can be, like the mercedes star DG, but patterns like the ring of death that shows in the stone that John made to show RD would hardly have any followers?
Could be..., but again, its just ''a'' pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results