shape
carat
color
clarity

Infinity I1 S color, set in silver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
That is one gorgeous ring! Love the warmth and style of the bezel! Caleb Mayer makes (or at least used to a year ago) a fairly similar ring that I tried on in his shop in Philly. Love it!

That diamond seems to alive! And that setting...
30.gif
. I love a good delicate bezel, and that one is stellar!

Date: 9/21/2009 3:10:08 PM
Author: sarap333
Hello, my warm Infinity sister
35.gif
, that second orchid shot is incredible!

Has the S been out and about in NYC, gathering lots of compliments? I''d be interested to hear what kinds of comments you get from people.

Thanks again for the kind comments, jewelry friends!

Sara, the Big Apple has so far greeted the S with indifference. My friends haven''t said a word about it--either they haven''t noticed it''s a different ring from my OEC, or they''re politely averting their gaze from my unseemly and frivolous obsession with jewelry.

I had plans to have a cupcake with a fellow PSer, but first she had to cancel and then I had to cancel, and we have yet to reschedule. I''m looking forward to showing it to her.

My husband, who thinks diamonds are too sparkly, said he liked the setting a lot, but it would be nicer with a less sparkly stone. I love him anyway.

I did get a compliment from a jeweler in Soho when I was browsing in her shop. She said my diamond looked very well cut. I took the ring off to show her. She louped it and told me the cut was "beautiful, almost perfect." She didn''t say anything about the color or the clarity, and when I told her it was an I1 S I''m not sure she believed I knew what I was talking about.

I tend to get more comments on my antique Victorian jewelry, I think because it''s so obviously unusual. My Infinity S looks like a diamond ring--you have to know something about diamonds and rings to under how strange it really is. Some of the antique stuff is dramatically different looking. I got two new pairs of 19th century earrings this weekend that got a lot of notice. I''ll take some pictures and post them in the Jewelry forum.

This is SO gorgeous!!!!!!

"I" is for incredible! "S" is for super!

Aww, thank you, Katie & Brightlight!

I really like it alot. And think the setting is just perfect for the stone. It''s a very cool combination!!! Congrats!

I went through every single picture and post on this thread for the first time and all I can say is wow! I will agree with Wink in saying that my favorite aspect of this diamond is the "moods" and all of the colors!

White in one picture, yellow in the next.. different shade here, different shade there.. LOVE THE FLORESCENCE! And i love the pictures that "absorb" color, the green, the pink.. what an amazing and unique diamond! I''d be interested to see a few more pictures in direct sun light... i love fire pictures haha

-Ted

Date: 9/21/2009 4:53:04 PM
Author: glitterata
Date: 9/21/2009 3:10:08 PM

Author: sarap333

Hello, my warm Infinity sister
35.gif
, that second orchid shot is incredible!

Has the S been out and about in NYC, gathering lots of compliments? I''d be interested to hear what kinds of comments you get from people.

Thanks again for the kind comments, jewelry friends!

Sara, the Big Apple has so far greeted the S with indifference. My friends haven''t said a word about it--either they haven''t noticed it''s a different ring from my OEC, or they''re politely averting their gaze from my unseemly and frivolous obsession with jewelry.

I had plans to have a cupcake with a fellow PSer, but first she had to cancel and then I had to cancel, and we have yet to reschedule. I''m looking forward to showing it to her.

My husband, who thinks diamonds are too sparkly, said he liked the setting a lot, but it would be nicer with a less sparkly stone. I love him anyway.

I did get a compliment from a jeweler in Soho when I was browsing in her shop. She said my diamond looked very well cut. I took the ring off to show her. She louped it and told me the cut was ''beautiful, almost perfect.'' She didn''t say anything about the color or the clarity, and when I told her it was an I1 S I''m not sure she believed I knew what I was talking about.

I tend to get more comments on my antique Victorian jewelry, I think because it''s so obviously unusual. My Infinity S looks like a diamond ring--you have to know something about diamonds and rings to under how strange it really is. Some of the antique stuff is dramatically different looking. I got two new pairs of 19th century earrings this weekend that got a lot of notice. I''ll take some pictures and post them in the Jewelry forum.

Sigh...my friends are the same way -- they are perplexed by my obsession with diamonds! Thank goodness for PS''ers!

But what a compliment from the woman in the Soho store! "Beautiful, almost perfect." Yes, that sums it up nicely.

I saw your new earrings (new old earrings, I should say) in the Jewelry forum. Wow -- those ivory acorns are wonderful! I can see why they''re getting so much attention.

WOW! Very cool ring!!
30.gif

OMG - I''ve just been directed to this thread! W
30.gif
W Your diamond is phenomenal - it has so many different personalities and the setting really compliments it. I love the way the yellow comes through in the profile.

I would never have said that was an S colour - I wonder if the strong blue fluor makes it look whiter in some lights? I thought I''d died and gone to heaven when I saw the fluor picture. I''m a real fan of fluor.

Lucky you! Wear it in good health.

WOW, spectacular. I love that you set it in sterling. Just fantastic, I never get sick of looking at it.

Thank you, you guys are so sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP