shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classroom temperature. :-o

IMG_2265.jpeg

Many of the school systems here closed schools for a few days this week, or even just ended the school year, since it's been so hot. They are going to have to start thinking about air conditioning some of these older schools if this kind of heat continues every year. Who can think in this heat?
IMG_7582.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata and @Lookinagain next Wednesday is our last day. They did send the kids home early (tomorrow too) but staff was not as fortunate. It’s unbearable. I do not understand why there is no AC… in one of the highest taxed counties in the US.

Is it an older building where putting in central A/C won't work (of course now there are heat pumps for that, but expensive)? I'm in MA and I think generally they always thought that it didn't get hot enough here during the school year of Sept. to June, to need it. But that certainly isn't holding true. I assume the schools now being built have A/C but we are town school systems, not county and I honestly don't know what is happening around the state.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Was talking to someone recently and somewhere in the conversation the topic of my hair came up and they said that my hair was dirty blondish. I thought they were crazy, my hair is brown, always has been.

Erm

Well today I am sitting outside and I look down and realize how many white strands I have and how much lighter it looks as a result :oops2:

Am I a dunce or have others had this sudden realization about how the white hair has crept up on them? I don’t believe I had this much when I turned 45 and that was mere months ago!

AF8D004E-F416-4FFC-AF30-56B77C8A989A.jpeg

dirty blond is not a vert nice name for a colour -hair or anything else. i think your hair colour is very pretty and it looks in great condition
you do not look grey
saddly without dye im getting very 'old lady' white
yes it does creep up on us

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Invasion of my personal space bubble is my number one pet peeve and it seems like people are getting worse and worse about respecting other people’s space.

There is no better example than at the grocery store. I will be standing there buying chicken and some guy has to come right up next to me because he just can’t wait for me to move, today I had a person on either side, it is so exasperating that people have no patience to just wait for me to move :x2

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Invasion of my personal space bubble is my number one pet peeve and it seems like people are getting worse and worse about respecting other people’s space.

There is no better example than at the grocery store. I will be standing there buying chicken and some guy has to come right up next to me because he just can’t wait for me to move, today I had a person on either side, it is so exasperating that people have no patience to just wait for me to move :x2

Yeah! They're worried you're gonna get the better package of chicken before they do.
How about when they reach around you? So rude.
When this happens to my husband, he says "Excuse me!" In a loud voice.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, my husband would be the same way! I just give a loud passive passive-aggressive sigh :D

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, my husband would be the same way! I just give a loud passive passive-aggressive sigh :D

Another thing my husband does......
When in line, and someone is so close behind you that you can feel their breath on your neck .......he takes a step backwards and bumps into them on purpose.
Then another "Oh, excuse me"

Last edited:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ I will "adjust" my purse which will "accidentally" whomp the person standing too close behind me, and then I will turn to them with a surprised face, like, gosh, who would possibly expect a person would be standing ohsoclose to me that a purse adjustment could interfere with their personal space? And then I raise my eyebrows at them, like, yeah, this is your fault, not sorry :)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ladies are much nicer than I am! I'm only five feet tall (on a good day) and men (I'm NOT being sexist -- I've only ever had men do this) will LOOM over me. For instance, at auctions men think nothing of getting RIGHT behind me and just towering over me. I have, on multiple occasions, said in a very loud voice, said, Back The Fvck Up. I don't think there's anything lewd going on here BTW, (i.e, they aren't trying to get "close" to me or anything like that), I just think they are just rude/unthinking/unaware/ENTITLED -- apply whatever word here you want. But I assure, you, "Back the fvck up" will generally get you some space. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results