shape
carat
color
clarity

My 10yr Cushion Upgrade from ERD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushiondivine

Rough_Rock
Trade
I''ve been a lurker on this forum for the past month, and I wanted to thank everyone for all their insight and sharing of info. It has helped me tremendously in my diamond education, particularly for cushions. I have been wanting an upgrade for some time now, and hinted to my DH that our 10-year would be the right time. I decided on a cushion since I have had a RB and wanted a fancy shape. My oh my how these stones vary. I must have looked at close to 100 stones in search of "the one". I came across some very diligent (and borderline pushy) people as well as some unsavory characters trying all sorts of tricks (another post another day) We finally got in touch with Mark T at ERD on recommendation from all of you Pricescopers. He did the research for us once I told him my parameters and the type (chunky faceted) cushion I wanted. I can''t tell you how frustrating it was to have dozens of other jewelers bring out various stones and have me shake my head because I would just know it wasn''t the look I wanted.

I cannot tell you how impressed I was with Mark Turnowski''s professionalism and experience. I would recommend him to anyone here or any of my friends and hope I have the opportunity to do so. Mark knew exactly what I wanted and researched stones to find 3 that were of the style and specs that I wanted. I must tell you that I fell in love with one stone and the other was so close a runner up that if I didn''t see the other one, I wouldn''t have hesitated a moment to select it. The problem was that the one was 60% more in price than the other. When you get into 4+ carat, it is certainly not pocket change and the difference could buy a pretty nice new car.

We flew to NY last week to meet Mark and see the stones. In trying to be level headed (I won''t say "practical since obviously anything in this size isn''t), I chose the less expensive stone. It had tremendous fire and character and unless the two were right next to each other, one would never even notice much of a difference. I should mention that the entire time (2 hours) I was staring at them, my husband very vocally was reiterating the price difference and how he preferred the ..ehem...less expensive stone. My husband ran out on an errand while I spoke about the setting with Mark. Maybe reverse psychology really works or maybe my husband just loves me so much he''ll do anything to make me happier, when he came back he insisted we choose the more expensive stone
26.gif
. I really am so lucky to have someone that puts me on a pedestal and is willing to do this. We are not independently wealthy and although my husband does well, he works very hard for his money.

So here is a pic and specs of my dream stone (It looks a ton better in person...its on fire)
4.21 Carat
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Flour: None
VG/VG
Table: 59%
Depth:68.1%
Medium Culet

I am waiting patiently for the pictures...
1.gif

Grrr...I''m having problems attaching the photo

Finally. I got a Mac two weeks ago. Love it but have no clue with a lot of things yet.

cushion22556.jpg

Wow that is beautiful! My eyes got wider as I scrolled down to see the pic. Love the chunky facets.

What a knockout cushion!!
36.gif

Congratulations! That is STUNNING! How are you going to set it?

Wow, that is beautiful! 4 carats of chunky goodness
18.gif
! You must be on cloud nine! Congrats!

So, whats the plans for setting?

Yeeeow!!!! Gorgeous!!
36.gif

Its probably boring for most of you but I am setting it in a Harry WInston style Micropave setting. It will make it seem even bigger but I don''t wear my e-ring everyday. I usually wear my diamond band, if even that. Gym, kids, crafts, cleaning...life after 10 yrs of marriage. I just got the rendering back and will post it.

By the way, my darling hubby also found a mate for my original RB and made me gorgeous studs (my birthday is also this month). They are stunning and I''ll try to post a pic.

Date: 9/2/2009 6:19:03 PM
Author: cushiondivine
Its probably boring for most of you but I am setting it in a Harry WInston style Micropave setting. It will make it seem even bigger but I don''t wear my e-ring everyday. I usually wear my diamond band, if even that. Gym, kids, crafts, cleaning...life after 10 yrs of marriage. I just got the rendering back and will post it.

By the way, my darling hubby also found a mate for my original RB and made me gorgeous studs (my birthday is also this month). They are stunning and I''ll try to post a pic.
Boring? Boring?? Why, that setting is just the ticket for this beauty!! Seriously, the cushion looks gorgeous, and in that setting, be still my heart!
30.gif

I can''t wait to see the finished product, and the studs!

Boy, it''s great to be you, congrats!
9.gif

GOOD LORD!
im%20in%20luuuurve.gif

All I can say is HUGE!!!!

Not boring at all Mark just personally delivered our modern cushion(not chunky like yours) with Harry Winston style Micropave band and my Fiance loves it. We had him purchase the stone and do the ring for us and are quite pleased.

Beautiful stone! Can''t wait to see it set!
36.gif

happy anniversary and congrats on that beauty. I can''t wait to see it set
36.gif

Yowza!! That is a WOW of a cushion. Good for you. I can''t wait to see it set!!! Congrats and happy anniversary!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

That looks like a gorgeous cushion - not a dead spot in it! Sometimes the larger facets create a look I''m not always crazy about but I bet once that stone starts turning and flashing it would put your eyes out! Light looks to be evenly distributed throughout the stone.

Can''t wait to see it set - you''ll look just like a princess!!

I am very excited about the setting. It is what I wanted for a long time. I just meant that many of you have very creative settings and spend a great deal of time in the design. To ChunkyCushionLover. If your ring was just delivered personally over the weekend, then I saw it. It was beautiful. Congratulations.

Here is the design. I can''t wait.

rendering765.jpg

Omg. I''m oozing envy right now. I can''t wait to see the final product! Practice taking pics because we''ll need them :-)

Congrats on the anniversary and the upgrade!

Congratulations on your anniversary and your beautiful new diamond!

I expect ooodles of handshots

HUGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

lol congrats!

Holy Shnikes!!!!! Dream ring alert!!!!!!!! I can''t WAIT for hand pics!

That is gorgeous.

Glorious cushion in every way! I also love your story about the selection process! Sounds like you and your hubby make a fantastic team.

Wow - 4.21 and GORGEOUS!!!! CONGRATS!!!!! Can''t wait to see the final product!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Date: 9/2/2009 9:25:25 PM
Author: cushiondivine
I am very excited about the setting. It is what I wanted for a long time. I just meant that many of you have very creative settings and spend a great deal of time in the design. To ChunkyCushionLover. If your ring was just delivered personally over the weekend, then I saw it. It was beautiful. Congratulations.

Here is the design. I can''t wait.
Yes that was our ring Mark was so wonderful and delivered it to us in person on Saturday 5 hours plus driving for him each way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP