shape
carat
color
clarity

My Amsale Dress! With Pictures Of Me In It!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought my dress today! It''s the Aurora from the Amsale Blue Label line.

I got the sample for 50% off at Saks. I read on another thread here that Saks was selling all their samples for 50% off because apparently they''re closing all the bridal sections except for the NYC store. So I headed to Saks on Saturday and found my dress! It was the first one I tried on and I pretty much knew that was it! I tried about 10 other dresses on but obviously none of them came close!

Here are a few pics of me in it today. It''s too big because it''s the sample size, but the sales lady clipped me in so it''s a little closer to the actual fit. Once I get it altered it will look a lot more fitted in the bodice-in some of the pics it''s not so flattering because she didn''t clip me very tight!

jfkdkdlll.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
its soo pretty.. i know your posting more pics.. refresh refresh refresh!! :)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of just the bodice and skirt with my hands in the pockets! Yes it has pockets!

jjhllk.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Omg - It was made for you!!
No word of a lie ... you look better in it than does the model!

I cannot imagine how amazing this dress is going to look on you when you have your alterations made ... I have only seen the first picture but can absolutely see how it is the perfect dress for you! I love it even more now after having seen you in it! Love, love, love it! Worth every penny!!!!

Congrats Thing!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another-I''m making a weird face in this one so just look at the neck down!
3.gif

bbbbggff.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
More and another weird face-I must work on my fake picture smile before my wedding!

djdjdjdjdjd.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
A side shot of me schlumping!

hhhhjoppp.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of the back-the poof on the left is messed up but you get the idea!

hhhhhqwee.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, it looks fabulous!
36.gif
I love the bodice!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this is probably how I''ll wear the veil but with some kind of updo behind it and no part! I bought this today too-also half off! Just plain and very light pink exactly like the dress.

ghgfffff.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful, modern, and fun -- and it looks terrific on you! Congratulations!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
AHHHHHHHHH!!! You look BEAUTIFUL!
36.gif
Definitely like it was made for you. And it has pockets! It''s perfect.
30.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, thanks blondebunny, Sparks, CDN, VR and Wishful! I just LOVE IT! It''s so much prettier in person-my digital camera and iPhone pics kind of suck! And with a heel the shorter length in front really looks great. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I''M GETTING MARRIED!
23.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 11:34:21 PM
Author: WishfulThinking
36.gif
30.gif

Thanks Wishful!

OMG I love the pockets!!!! My sister found those! Once I put my hands in the pockets it was all over!
9.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!
30.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So did mom get a better deal for you? I''m so thrilled for you!!!!! OMG I can''t wait to see the shoes with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here it is on the model so you can see it better...I told my mom I''m gonna drop 30 pounds before the wedding so I can look just like her!
3.gif
I kid, I kid! Although I will definitely tone up once my soccer seasons start up again full force.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops, here''s the pic:

aurorawebsitesdfd.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks violet and Freke! Nope, no better deal...they were pretty much just getting rid of it and that''s it! But I couldn''t not get it, so I sucked it up and got it! We''re just telling my dad the price included the veil, alterations and cleanings!
12.gif
(The veil was only $65 because it was half off, too!)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here are the shoes I''m almost definitely going to get! I found them last night and I don''t think I''ll find a better pair to go with the dress because of the gems! (The brooch thing is gems covered in tulle.)

1396-339040-p.jpg

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 11:38:15 PM
Author: thing2of2

36.gif
30.gif

Thanks Wishful!

OMG I love the pockets!!!! My sister found those! Once I put my hands in the pockets it was all over!
9.gif
I''ll bet! Killer shoes, too. You''re getting married!!!!!! Whoo! I''m so happy for you.
9.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
You look absolutely beautiful! I love the dress, and I LOVE the pockets. How cool! I would be so happy to put my lip gloss somewhere so easily accessible. And my goodness, it looks like a totally different dress on you as opposed to the model--you look LOADS lovelier. Congrats on finding such a pretty gown!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 11:51:02 PM
Date: 1/11/2009 11:38:15 PM

Author: thing2of2

36.gif
30.gif

Thanks Wishful!

9.gif

I''ll bet! Killer shoes, too. You''re getting married!!!!!! Whoo! I''m so happy for you.
9.gif

I know right? How did that happen? I''m only 27 and we''ve only been dating for 6 years!
3.gif
He''s a shorty though so I will tower over him a bit in the heels, but he doesn''t care!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks kittybean! Once I put on heels I''m probably almost as tall as that model but I think that''s where the similarities end!
3.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, I''m only 21 and we''ve been dating a third of the time you have. It happens sometimes.
3.gif
By the way, if you looked like the model I would be a teensy bit worried. She looks rather malnourished.
23.gif
It''s so cute that your FI doesn''t care if you''re taller than he is. He sounds like such a sweet guy.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, one more pic with some heels she brought me. (Again, please disregard the weird face I am making!)

Should I hem the dress a bit in front so it''s a little shorter like how the model''s wearing it? I don''t want my legs to look stumpy...

withheelsdfasdf.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 11:58:06 PM
Haha, I''m only 21 and we''ve been dating a third of the time you have. It happens sometimes.
3.gif
By the way, if you looked like the model I would be a teensy bit worried. She looks rather malnourished.
23.gif
It''s so cute that your FI doesn''t care if you''re taller than he is. He sounds like such a sweet guy.

I met him when I was your age, but I knew pretty darn quick we''d get married...we just took our time! And yeah, she needs a sandwich or two for sure!

My boo is a good one-and he loves tall girls so he definitely doesn''t care about the heels! He''s 5''7" and I''m 5''8", so not much height difference when I''m in flats (which is always!)

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would look cute to hem it a bit more so it looks like it's short in a fashion-y chic sort of way instead of just being too short. If that makes any sense. Than again, you're the fashion guru, not me, so I'm pretty sure my opinion is worthless on this matter.
2.gif

ETA: I don't regret a second of it, but sometimes I wish we'd been able to take more time. Your FI does sound so sweet, and you are so cute together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results