shape
carat
color
clarity

My New OEC from OWD!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 4:27:05 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Date: 2/20/2009 3:59:18 PM

Author: coatimundi

36.gif

YAY Rainy!! I adore your gorgeous new stone!
30.gif
So glad you''re having Jim make your setting. You will love it! Congrats hon!

xo

eta: we really need a show-me-your-JM-thread now! haha!

Coati- I just wanted to say that you are such an incredibly kind person to be so gracious about the multitudes of rings that are being made after seeing yours. I don''t think any ring has gotten this much attention in a few years around here. The last one that this type of following reminds me of was the Ritani endless love, no halo when it seemed there were a whole bunch of ladies in a row to get that ring. anyway, kudos to you and your divine inspiration!

i think a show me your JM would be fabulous
30.gif

Thank you so much mrssalvo! Wow--you are very kind to say that!
I really appreciate your kind words.
1.gif

*off to start the JM thread!*

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Coati- I just wanted to say that you are such an incredibly kind person to be so gracious about the multitudes of rings that are being made after seeing yours. I don''t think any ring has gotten this much attention in a few years around here. The last one that this type of following reminds me of was the Ritani endless love, no halo when it seemed there were a whole bunch of ladies in a row to get that ring. anyway, kudos to you and your divine inspiration!

30.gif
i second, third, fourth and fifth this sentiment mrsS!!
36.gif
you cannot imagine my relief and joy at reading coati''s post to this thread - i was so nervous about how she might feel after finding out another person/PSer is pursuing a setting like hers. i did not want to cause her the slightest negative feelings...... coati, you are a class act all the way and nothing could have made me happier about my upcoming new ring than to know you are happy for me!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
B>Author:[/b] mrssalvo

Coati- I just wanted to say that you are such an incredibly kind person to be so gracious about the multitudes of rings that are being made after seeing yours. I don't think any ring has gotten this much attention in a few years around here. The last one that this type of following reminds me of was the Ritani endless love, no halo when it seemed there were a whole bunch of ladies in a row to get that ring. anyway, kudos to you and your divine inspiration!

30.gif

[/quote]
well said, mrss!

Coati, you're a classy lady with GREAT taste in jewelry!
21.gif
Can't wait to drool over all the pretties on the show me your JM thread!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 5:04:42 PM
Author: rainydaze

Coati- I just wanted to say that you are such an incredibly kind person to be so gracious about the multitudes of rings that are being made after seeing yours. I don't think any ring has gotten this much attention in a few years around here. The last one that this type of following reminds me of was the Ritani endless love, no halo when it seemed there were a whole bunch of ladies in a row to get that ring. anyway, kudos to you and your divine inspiration!

30.gif

36.gif
you cannot imagine my relief and joy at reading coati's post to this thread - i was so nervous about how she might feel after finding out another person/PSer is pursuing a setting like hers. i did not want to cause her the slightest negative feelings...... coati, you are a class act all the way and nothing could have made me happier about my upcoming new ring than to know you are happy for me!

36.gif
Yay! I'm really happy for you, hon! and thanks! I say, the more the merrier with JM. He's a talented craftsman, and I'm glad that others appreciate his work. Your ring is going to be soo stunning. He prefers to work with oec because of the architectural element of the high crown combined with his design. You will be thrilled!

Thanks Burk!

I started the thread--yip!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-james-caleb-meyer-ann-mckay-and-the-like.108008/

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ImpatientOne, Steel, swingirl, Kaleigh, risingsun - thank you all so much!

swingirl - that's what did me in, the chunky facets. once i started paying attention to them here on PS, i just knew.
31.gif
my DH and a jeweler i had worked with for a bit were shocked that i wanted an OEC over an ideal H&A because i have that 'perfectionist' element to me, but the sentimentalist and artist in me won out!

Upgradeable - i am glad i could post another experience on OWD. when i first went to their site i was intimidated by the amount of stones they had and the fact that i had no idea where to begin to find a good one. in the beginning of my search, i steered away from them for that reason..... little did i know, all i had to do was send them an email! my mom said the flashes were blinding..... i'm glad at least one photo captured a little of that!
1.gif

mrsS - i am always a little sad when i read your posts about your OEC. it sounds as though you really miss it.
7.gif
i would like nothing more than to see you find the ring of your dreams! and i have to say, as it has for many before me, your tagline was in the back of my head throughout my search, keeping me true!

Maisie - i can't wait to see your ring from Infinity! i have watched your video countless times, it is just gorgeous. the wait must be killing you!

coati - what can i say? THANK YOU!
9.gif
and yes, we sure do! his work deserves it and then some! and i will be over to that thread just as soon as i can - i am really touched by that! ETA - i was referring to the Who's Who thread. i see you just posted the link to the JM thread, i will be over there to drool, well, right now actually!

LGK - i had read that here and there (about the G color in antiques) and didn't know how much stock to put into that (sales tactic?). when jeff confirmed that it was in fact quite a find, it put me over the moon because this stone was already carving out a place in my heart and that just made it even sweeter. ad for the cut, the other OECs that adam sent me were beauties for sure, but there were anomolies in the cut that i knew would bother me long-term. this stone is so symmetrical in its cut and angles that i could not believe my luck. in fact, one jeweler i took it to while looking for settings mistook it for an ideal cut round at first glance.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
That is one breathtaking diamond! I can''t wait to see it in its new home.

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, rainydaze-- that is my dream diamond!! I love the size, pattern, .. well, everything!!! Can''t wait to see it set and on your finger!!!! (then it can be my dream ring
1.gif
)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 5:04:42 PM
Author: rainydaze

30.gif
36.gif
you cannot imagine my relief and joy at reading coati''s post to this thread - i was so nervous about how she might feel after finding out another person/PSer is pursuing a setting like hers. i did not want to cause her the slightest negative feelings...... coati, you are a class act all the way and nothing could have made me happier about my upcoming new ring than to know you are happy for me!
Ditto this all the way - nothing else to add, except that Coati we are all very lucky you are so totally cool
2.gif

Rainydaze, that is one amazing OEC I adore it! And this is going to be an impressive ring - can''t wait to see it!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone...and I LOVE JM settings!!!
30.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Rainydaze certainly has a passion for OEC diamonds and it''s wonderful to
see all the renewed interest in older cut diamonds.

There''s an unmistakable charm and individual character within the facets of these beauties.

After being around the jewelry trade for 30 years, I still enjoy witnessing the fun and thrill of the hunt that many
of my clients experience in their quest for the diamond that will steal their heart.

Congrats, rainydaze on your new "old" treasure!

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 5:17:56 PM
Author: coatimundi

36.gif
Yay! I''m really happy for you, hon! and thanks! I say, the more the merrier with JM. He''s a talented craftsman, and I''m glad that others appreciate his work. Your ring is going to be soo stunning. He prefers to work with oec because of the architectural element of the high crown combined with his design. You will be thrilled!

Thanks Burk!

I started the thread--yip!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-james-caleb-meyer-ann-mckay-and-the-like.108008/
i just checked out the new JM thread - DH is going to have to tie me to the chair. there will just be too much gorgeousness to stay in my seat - there already is!

that is one of the things i love about OECs (the high crown) and i am so excited for how this setting will really show it off!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
18.gif

Oh my, it''s gorgeous!!!!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
glitterata, paeony, arjunajane, and ds - thank you!!
1.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 8:23:16 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
Rainydaze certainly has a passion for OEC diamonds and it''s wonderful to
see all the renewed interest in older cut diamonds.

There''s an unmistakable charm and individual character within the facets of these beauties.

After being around the jewelry trade for 30 years, I still enjoy witnessing the fun and thrill of the hunt that many
of my clients experience in their quest for the diamond that will steal their heart.

Congrats, rainydaze on your new ''old'' treasure!

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com
thanks jeff! it really shows that you enjoy what you do, and i think it is wonderful that after 30 years you still feel that way.

my mom also really enjoyed sitting in and hearing about this OEC, as well as learning about her OEC ring - she has really come to appreciate the antique cuts as a result and for the reasons you indicated above.

i look forward to bringing in the finished piece!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry Tuckins - i think i was posting at the same time as you. thank you!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That stone is UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
When do you send it to him to start? Did you post that and I missed it?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rainydaze, your OEC is just gorgeous, and what a rare find! I''m in love with JM because of Coati''s and Butterbean''s rings, and Your ring should just be amazing! I can''t wait until you get it back!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on such a good find! It''ll look great in the JM bezel.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelli, mowtownmama, LTP, and Addy - thank you so much!

i was missing it after sending it off, and decided to look through the few pics i took of it. i had dropped my camera a while back and didn''t think i got any good pics because the camera just hasn''t been the same since The Great Fall... but seeing them on my computer screen they came out better than i thought they had. now time just needs to start flyin''... for Maisie and me both!
2.gif

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
RD, what a gorgeous, gorgeous stone!!! Looks like a real sparkler with lots of life!

And what Adam and the others told about the relative rarity of G-colored OECs is absolutely accurate - the majority of the higher color old cuts were recut into modern brilliants over time.

And having seen Coati''s JM in person, I can tell you that you can''t go wrong
3.gif
!!

Can''t wait to see the final product!

And if I may just add, I absolutely LOVE that so many women have discovered the beauty of old cuts - yay!!
36.gif
36.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful, I can''t wait to see it set
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Love it. Aren''t Old World great to deal with? I always try to steer old cut lovers there due to the large inventory to choose from. Adam is patient.

Looking forward to seeing your new ring!!!
36.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif

Date: 2/21/2009 11:01:32 AM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
RD, what a gorgeous, gorgeous stone!!! Looks like a real sparkler with lots of life!

And what Adam and the others told about the relative rarity of G-colored OECs is absolutely accurate - the majority of the higher color old cuts were recut into modern brilliants over time.

And having seen Coati''s JM in person, I can tell you that you can''t go wrong
3.gif
!!

Can''t wait to see the final product!

And if I may just add, I absolutely LOVE that so many women have discovered the beauty of old cuts - yay!!
36.gif
36.gif
thank you so much Grace! it is definitely a ball of fire, which i
30.gif
. and thank you for the bit about the G color, the more i hear that confirmed the more excited i am about my new pretty!

lucky you that you got to meet coati and see her ring in person!

i agree, it is so exciting seeing such interest in the antique cuts and all of the awesome eye candy that goes along with it. wouldn''t it be something if we could do an Old Cut GTG..... my husband would not be able to get me back down to earth after such a thing!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you MMT!

purrfectpear - you are the reason i found OWD! your posts about them were positive and offered good information that made me feel as though they were an option i should consider. thank you!
36.gif

you are SO right about adam being patient..... i asked him about MANY stones, during SEVERAL phone calls, and he happily looked them up/pulled them to talk about them and/or compare them, even while i had some that he had sent me in hand. i needed to be absolutely sure about what i ended up with, if i ended up with something, and he was very accomodating. he was very pleasant also, and i am quite pleased all around to have purchased from him.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Wow, wow, wow! How did I miss this! I can''t wait until you get it back so we can see the finished product. I LOVE OECs! Did you trade in your princess?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainy, that is one gorgeous diamond you have there!

And I mega ditto Coaties and what a class act she is!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you SDL! i still can''t believe i ended up with an OEC myself, i hope your someday is soonday!!
1.gif

thanks Steph! i can''t wait until i get it back either.... time is NOT going quickly enough, ha! i have followed in your footsteps as yes, i did trade in my princess. most places only wanted to the stone (including adam, who took it for trade) so i am going to try and sell the setting separately. after all i learned here on PS searching for a new setting, i realized that what i really wanted came from the round cuts. i still cannot believe that after all i put DH through with THAT process, he was still willing to let me change it all up and get what i really wanted. i
30.gif
him, for so many reasons including putting up with me!
2.gif
are you still happy you traded in your PC? it is not an easy decision to make, but i love your RB and ritani, and i know i am going to be much happier with this OEC.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2009 11:04:34 AM
Author: Lorelei
Rainy, that is one gorgeous diamond you have there!

And I mega ditto Coaties and what a class act she is!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
thank you Lorelei!
35.gif

heehee, yeah i guess i used up a lot of the dittos... love the mega ditto!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results