shape
carat
color
clarity

My new WF Legato 1.97 K SI1!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
For my 5th anniversary last year, I received an upgraded diamond, a 1.63 J SI2 through WF. Unfortunately, that started the upgrade bug! As soon as I got it, I realized that I really wanted something closer to 2cts. While I loved my J, it''s clarity grading was solely based on clouds and it appeared somewhat *cloudy* (go figure!) in some lighting scenarios. At first I thought my stone just wasn''t clean enough, but after many ultrasonic baths, I realized that wasn''t the problem. I didn''t realize how the clarity was affecting the diamond until I got some J SI1 earrings earlier this year that didn''t have that same effect. Not being overly color sensitive and trying to get to 2cts without breaking the bank, I thought this stone fit the bill. I love that it''s just under 2cts, so I got a decent price break with the same spread as a 2+ carat stone. It scores 0.7 on the HCA - Ex, Ex, Ex, Ex!

Depth - 60.1%
Table - 58%
Crown - 33
Pavilion - 41

I chose the Legato setting, and it''s beautiful! It''s much daintier in person. I asked that the stone be set a medium height and with claw prongs. It turned out lovely.

Needless to say, I love it! The size difference between my old and new stone is a little over 0.5mm, and I can DEFINITELY tell a difference. I do notice a slight tint to this stone, but I really like the size and price-point, so I''m not going to complain! *If* I upgrade again, I will probably go back up to a J color, but this K is really beautiful too!
30.gif

40X K SI1 1.97..jpg

ASET

ASET K SI1 1.97..jpg

I hope this works...

JillS_081309a.jpg

30.gif
30.gif

JillS_081309b.jpg

A little blurry...

jills1.97ksi1.JPG

Beautiful!!!!!!

jills1.97ksi4.JPG

I''m not so great at this picture-taking thing, so bear with me...

jills1.97ksi5.JPG

jills1.97ksi6.JPG

jills1.97ksi7.JPG

jills1.97ksi8.JPG

Beautiful! Looks huge on your hand!

Beautiful upgrade!

Gorgeous! It looks huge on you.

Wow!!! It looks good on you. Happy Anniversary!!!
36.gif

just LOVE it!!!

Gorgeous! Love the size and the setting!

Beautiful upgrade! It has great finger coverage on you!

Outstanding! It really does look huge on your hand, and I can''t tell on my monitor that it has much warmth at all! (I''m a J lover, though...LOL) Beautiful stone and setting.

Date: 8/14/2009 7:14:31 PM
Author: monarch64
Outstanding! It really does look huge on your hand, and I can''t tell on my monitor that it has much warmth at all! (I''m a J lover, though...LOL) Beautiful stone and setting.

Thanks, Monarch! Hitting that 2 ct. mark really did something for me in getting the right size for my finger. Actually, I think I was prejudiced to getting a 2 ct. all along! My mom has this cocktail ring that I used to wear around the house all the time when I was a child. Before I knew anything about diamonds (except that I loved them), I always imagined a stone about the size of the one she had in that ring. I always assumed that it was a 1 ct. stone until I actually started learning about diamonds and realized that a 1 ct. stone was much smaller than my mom''s ring! Suffice it to say that I''ve always had my heart set on a 2 ct, and I''m really pleased with this diamond! And I think the warmth just gives the stone a little character!

Thanks poshpepper, MC, tigian, DiaDiva, joelly, ckrickett, D&T, and Luckyesche!

The more I wear the ring, the more I love it! I''m hoping to get some time this weekend to take a few more shots and work on my photography skills!

Freakin'' gorgeous! I love it!

Wow! Your ring is beautiful!
1.gif

I love the WhiteFlash picture where you can see just a hint of warmth in body of the diamond!
Congrats- and wear it in good health
30.gif

Very pretty!!! Your stone looks gorgeous on your hands and that setting really shows off the center stone.

In the first hand shot you posted, what color nail polish are you wearing?

It''s perfect!!!!!!!

That is a gorgeous upgrade!!!! It looks beautiful on you!
36.gif

Gorgeous!
30.gif

I LOVE it!!!!! It''s stunning!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I think that size stone is perfect on you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
(and the pics are great, we just need more!
2.gif
).

Date: 8/14/2009 8:13:54 PM
Author: oneandahalfrock
I love the WhiteFlash picture where you can see just a hint of warmth in body of the diamond!

Congrats- and wear it in good health
30.gif

Thanks, oneandahalfrock, I really liked that picture too. The K is just a really subtle color!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP