shape
carat
color
clarity

My set got a makeover!!! :)

Said it a billion times but I''ll say it again... I love your stack!!! Question, though: are all your rings the same size? I was debating whether to get my wedding ring a teensy bit smaller than my e-ring. My e-ring right now is a size 4 and a little big, but if I wear a ring beneath it, it''d push the e-ring up to a fleshier part of the finger. I thought maybe the wedding ring should be a 3.75?

You have lovely hands and your stack is just so gorgeous. It''s extremely elegant without being over-blingy. Your platinum is also so shiny! Does it always stay like that or do you have it polished often?

Enjoy your set in good health!
36.gif

zta, luckyeshe, chiquita, princess, lizzy, beechezz, lknvrb, oddoneout, laila, tuckins, bella, and lightning, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THEM!

dandi, violet, and hotice, THANK YOU FOR THE HAND COMPLIMENTS! IT''S FUNNY BECAUSE I NEVER LIKED MY LONG FINGERS UNTIL I JOINED PRICESCOPE AND GOT SO MANY COMPLIMENTS ON THEM!!!! :) PRICESCOPE HAS BEEN VERY GOOD FOR MY "HAND" ESTEEM :) :) :)

Date: 5/2/2010 8:04:51 AM
Author: vanderaf
They look terrific and I have always loved your set. How were they able to lower the profile of your bands. I am curious as I would love to have that done to mine. Does it affect the ring size of the eternity band? I would love to hear all about the process if it can save me from a reset. P.S. Your diamond looks huge on your hand!! Love it!

Thanks, Vander!!! I had waited a long time to do it because I thought it was going to be a huge, expensive undertaking requiring a re-set, but it was actually quite easy and only $100 for my eternity and about $35 for my plain band. It is important that you find a good bench jeweler, as there are a lot of bad ones out there! I had to shop around for a few days before I found the man for the job. Anyway, he shaved down the inside of the eternity band, and then sized it back down to my size. That required removing 2 of the diamonds, which I was happy about because it gave me more loose diamonds to add to my collection :). It IS possible to size an eternity band, you just have to find the right bench jeweler. The band is definitely more delicate now, so I feel like I have to be a little more careful with it, but if it gets a little bent, I can just take it in to get straightened out. I am much happier with it! Keep us posted with how your project goes!!
36.gif

EHR2009,

Loved your set before, love it even more now!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Can I ask what size your solitaire is? It looks AMAZING! I hope one day to have one as fabulous as yours. It looks HUGE!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Date: 5/2/2010 12:04:54 PM
Author: Gleam
Said it a billion times but I''ll say it again... I love your stack!!! Question, though: are all your rings the same size? I was debating whether to get my wedding ring a teensy bit smaller than my e-ring. My e-ring right now is a size 4 and a little big, but if I wear a ring beneath it, it''d push the e-ring up to a fleshier part of the finger. I thought maybe the wedding ring should be a 3.75?

You have lovely hands and your stack is just so gorgeous. It''s extremely elegant without being over-blingy. Your platinum is also so shiny! Does it always stay like that or do you have it polished often?

Enjoy your set in good health!
36.gif

Thanks so much Gleam, I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE your solitaire!!!! It is my dream size, and I can''t WAIT to see which wedding band you get!!!! My ering is actually a 1/4 size smaller than my other rings. It sort of happened my accident, but it works really well. When you add a wedding band, both of your rings will fit a little tighter, so I might suggest sticking to a size 4. If the band you choose is very thin, though, then you might want to go smaller. Hope that helps! My ering stays pretty shiny and polished because I am pretty careful with it when I wear it, but my plain wedding band gets pretty banged up because I wear it by itself most of the time. My husband and I both like for our wedding bands to show wear and tear over the years, so I probably won''t get it polished again. It is fun to have it nice and shiny, though :)

Date: 5/2/2010 1:15:49 PM
Author: susimoo
EHR2009,

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Can I ask what size your solitaire is? It looks AMAZING! I hope one day to have one as fabulous as yours. It looks HUGE!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Susimoo, thank you so much!!! It is 1.53 cts, and it is a size 4.25. I love your set, too!

Date: 5/2/2010 1:21:21 PM
Author: EHR2009
Date: 5/2/2010 1:15:49 PM

Author: susimoo

EHR2009,

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Susimoo, thank you so much!!! It is 1.53 cts, and it is a size 4.25. I love your set, too!

EHR2009,

Thank you!
35.gif

It IS my dream size and you have similar size fingers to me too! Wooooohooooo.

However I need longer fingers in order to get even close to your level of elegance!! You are a very lucky lady, that is a fabulous collection and those are very elegant hands!
1.gif

Beautiful! I love the look of the new eternity band

I really love how differently you wear your set... it is nice to have many options :)

Beautiful!

Your rings look fabulous together.

Good lawd...your bling stack is beautiful! I''d *love* to have a 1.5 carat stone. To me, that''s the absolute perfect size!

Anyway, seeing your rings stacked together makes me so excited to receive my own custom bands from WF!!

gorgeous! I love all of your combinations!

Thank you, CJS! I can''t WAIT to see your new rings, too!!!! I love the CAD''s!!! I think you will be very happy with them. It is really nice to have a plain band to wear by itself when you don''t want to wear diamonds.

They look great!

So pretty!

[/quote]

Thanks, Vander!!! I had waited a long time to do it because I thought it was going to be a huge, expensive undertaking requiring a re-set, but it was actually quite easy and only $100 for my eternity and about $35 for my plain band. It is important that you find a good bench jeweler, as there are a lot of bad ones out there! I had to shop around for a few days before I found the man for the job. Anyway, he shaved down the inside of the eternity band, and then sized it back down to my size. That required removing 2 of the diamonds, which I was happy about because it gave me more loose diamonds to add to my collection :). It IS possible to size an eternity band, you just have to find the right bench jeweler. The band is definitely more delicate now, so I feel like I have to be a little more careful with it, but if it gets a little bent, I can just take it in to get straightened out. I am much happier with it! Keep us posted with how your project goes!!
36.gif
[/quote]

EHR - your new set looks great!!! I am so jealous of your beautifully long fingers. I love the stacked look, but I just don''t have the finger real estate to pull it off! If you don''t mind sharing, who did your bench work? I''m thinking that I read in one of your previous posts that you are in the St. Louis area. I am in the St. Louis area too, and I''ve been looking for a good bench jeweler.

Date: 5/3/2010 2:39:53 PM
Author: jill_s

36.gif
[/quote]

EHR - your new set looks great!!! I am so jealous of your beautifully long fingers. I love the stacked look, but I just don''t have the finger real estate to pull it off! If you don''t mind sharing, who did your bench work? I''m thinking that I read in one of your previous posts that you are in the St. Louis area. I am in the St. Louis area too, and I''ve been looking for a good bench jeweler. [/quote]Hi Jill!! So neat that you are in STL, too! Moritz and Reusch (they are in the U Club tower across from the Galleria) did the work, and the bench jeweler there is great!!! I also looked into Summit Jewelry, and I thought they seemed good, but I read a bad review of them on yahoo, so I steared clear of them. I also tried Rock Hill Jewelry, and the benchman there always commented on how difficult the project would be, and was going to charge me 3 times as much as anyone else. I feel like he was trying to take advantage of me
7.gif
Bob from Moritz and Reusch is old-school, apprentice-trained, and the sales people there are very helpful. They are VERY reasonable price-wise, and very fast.

Date: 5/2/2010 12:59:54 PM

They look terrific and I have always loved your set. How were they able to lower the profile of your bands. I am curious as I would love to have that done to mine. Does it affect the ring size of the eternity band? I would love to hear all about the process if it can save me from a reset. P.S. Your diamond looks huge on your hand!! Love it!

36.gif
Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me how the process went.

lovely - a nice improvement to an already beautiful set! :)

Date: 5/2/2010 12:59:54 PM

36.gif

I was wondering how they would resize an eternity band - good to know it can be done. The new bands look great! Glad that you are happy with them and that they are more comfortable too. Enjoy!
1.gif

They look great, as they did before. I''m glad that they are more comfortable for you now!! Great stack!
9.gif

WOOO, can you tell me who made your ering???? I love your cathedral setting and am interested in a similar seting. What is the width of the ring? Also, what width is your wedding band since you had it shaved down?

THANK YOU!

EHR, What is the carat weight on your Ering? It is really beautiful and I love your stack!
9.gif

EHR...beautiful set of rings!!
36.gif

Thanks, Everyone!!! My ering is 1.53 cts, and the setting is from Leo Ingwer. It is the 4-prong Airline style.

Date: 5/12/2010 11:27:48 AM
Author: woobug02
WOOO, can you tell me who made your ering???? I love your cathedral setting and am interested in a similar seting. What is the width of the ring? Also, what width is your wedding band since you had it shaved down?

THANK YOU!

The width of the ering is 2.5 mm, and the wedding band is 3mm. I kept it the same width, but had the height shaved down from the outside :)

Hey EHR2009!
how wide is your plain wedding band? (i.e., is it a 3 or a 4 mm)?

EHR... Question...? Where is your setting from...? thnx... Lena

Love all the combinations!! :love: :love: :love:

Hi Lena! My setting is from Leo Ingwer. I love it, it is very sturdy, yet fluid.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP