shape
carat
color
clarity

Old European Diamond Purchase Help!

Not sure why I am just seeing this thread. OMG. @DanniiD that is the most beautiful diamond, setting and band I think I've ever seen! SO happy for you! Everything is gorgeous! That diamond in that setting! It is beautiful! And your hands...jealous-smile. Enjoy! The ring looks gorgeous on you! And that diamond-WoW! And yes, Adam at OWD is s true sweetheart! I adore him!

Last edited:
@DanniiD, Is that the O-P diamond? It's gorgeous, as is your whole ring! It's funny how different the diamond color looks set in rose gold. I would love that diamond in white metal but It's great in the rose gold, too.

Not sure why I am just seeing this thread. OMG. @DanniiD that is the most beautiful diamond, setting and band I think I've ever seen! SO happy for you! Everything is gorgeous! That diamond in that setting! It is beautiful! And your hands...jealous-smile. Enjoy! The ring looks gorgeous on you! And that diamond-WoW! And yes, Adam at OWD is s true sweetheart! I adore him!
You have a stone that would look great in this type of setting! Have you considered resetting into rose gold like this @tlfiore

@DanniiD, Is that the O-P diamond? It's gorgeous, as is your whole ring! It's funny how different the diamond color looks set in rose gold. I would love that diamond in white metal but It's great in the rose gold, too.

Yes the stone is graded as an O-P colour.
You could never tell from the top thou, I going to just assume it is well cut. I have had other jewelers comment on my ring and they have assumed its an J or a K - so this makes me happy :dance:

You can see the yellow the tinting from the sides thou, but it doesn't bother me too much.
Unfortunately my budget didn't allow me to get something higher in colour, I sacrificed colour to get something a little larger.

I am currently in the process of trying to find a delicate looking wedding band to suit.
Here are some of my options. I plan to stack a few together, so I have the ability to change up the look.
IMG_7102.jpg IMG_7106.jpg IMG_7108.jpg IMG_7111 copy.jpg

Your ring is gorgeous! Would you mind sharing an estimate of the settins cost? Was it over or under 2.5k? :)) Thank you!

hi @DanniiD ! Your ring is STUNNING and similar to what I'm looking for!
Echoing the above, can you share an estimate of what the setting cost from Ring Concierge? On the website, it says they start at $10k but is that still the case if you don't buy a stone from them?

thanks so much and congrats on the beautiful ring!!

@milestogo somebody shared this exact setting price on weddingbee - it was around 3-4k :-)

Echoing the above, can you share an estimate of what the setting cost from Ring Concierge? On the website, it says they start at $10k but is that still the case if you don't buy a stone from them?

I reached out to them last year, and they informed me that they no longer set outside stones.

Hey @milestogo, I was quoted $2700 for the setting alone.
The communication wasn't great with RC but their setting is beautiful

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP